Rebels Rebels Season 2: An Open Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just read that Sam Witwer is voicing the Emperor. This pleases me.

Sam's Emperor voice sounds about a million times better than Tim Curry's Emperor voice.

Lol. Haven't heard Tim's Palpatine. I love Tim, but I can't imagine his voice fitting at all. Sam does a great Emperor though, which really surprised me in TFU as I genuinely thought it was listed wrong in the credits at first. lol

Also, like others have said, I just don't buy that is James Earl Jones in the trailers. I think he does a decent impression, but I don't think it's him.

Man I can't get the amusing image of [BLACKOUT]James Earl Jones saying "Hello, Snips"[/BLACKOUT] out of my mind, despite him not voicing Vader here. :funny:
:lmao:

Ventress more or less went her own way, I don't think Palpatine would even consider letting her work under him again. Could be a brand new character, but my money is on Bariss.
Powerful Force Users don't grow on trees. Also, the mask reminds me of her Clone Wars mask so much.

That doesn't sound even the slightest bit like JEJ to me.

Thanks for that. Still doesn't sound like him in the new trailer to me though.

Also, Sabine's new hair. :atp:
Did you guys all forget what he sounds like? I mean some things are being said a little differently, but that's just because of direction. Even if you compare Vader's speech between the SW, ESB and ROTJ, he speaks differently depending on the Director. ROTJ they modulated his voice differently too and his voice sounds flat.

Lol. Haven't heard Tim's Palpatine. I love Tim, but I can't imagine his voice fitting at all. Sam does a great Emperor though, which really surprised me in TFU as I genuinely thought it was listed wrong in the credits at first. lol

Also, like others have said, I just don't buy that is James Earl Jones in the trailers. I think he does a decent impression, but I don't think it's him.

Tim Curry did the voice of Palpatine in The Clone Wars season five and six. The voice actor who voiced him in seasons 1-4 unfortunately passed away before season five.

Tim Curry did the voice of Palpatine in The Clone Wars season five and six. The voice actor who voiced him in seasons 1-4 unfortunately passed away before season five.
I believe Ian did have some work that appeared in season 5. I am kind of sure of it.

I believe Ian did have some work that appeared in season 5. I am kind of sure of it.

Yep. You're right. Just checked netflix. Season five Episode 16 "The Lawless" was Ian Abercrombie"s last episode. There is even an "In memory of..." at the beginning of the episode. Tim showed up in Episode 20 "The Wrong Jedi".

Did you guys all forget what he sounds like? I mean some things are being said a little differently, but that's just because of direction. Even if you compare Vader's speech between the SW, ESB and ROTJ, he speaks differently depending on the Director. ROTJ they modulated his voice differently too and his voice sounds flat.

He is definitely sounding a bit closer to how he sounded in ANH in the trailer.

I'd be very happy to be wrong. He does sound similar in some lines, but I can't tell personally from the trailer. It would be cool to see some confirmation on who it is either way.

That's unfortunate. I saw Filoni mention him and that he enjoyed working with him for many years when confirming Witwer. Had no clue that he had actually passed away.

Making Star Wars Revealed a few months ago that Sam Witwer was voicing Palpatine on SWR.

I believe that the female Inquistor is Ventress.. just look at her body. She is almost identical in head shape and body. How she came to work under Vader is maybe because from his past, Vader knows how effective she is and uses her and convinces her to join his cause

Didn't know he was already revealed. I had only just heard it in an interview with Filoni.

IGN and many others say that it was JEJ doing Vader.

Yep. You're right. Just checked netflix. Season five Episode 16 "The Lawless" was Ian Abercrombie"s last episode. There is even an "In memory of..." at the beginning of the episode. Tim showed up in Episode 20 "The Wrong Jedi".
What an episode to go out on.

I'm sure some will think this is sacrilegious, but I really wish they wouldn't have brought him back. He sounds old and tired and bored. Those are three things Vader absolutely shouldn't be.

So I found a short clip of the B-wings take off from the season 2 trailer.
The description says that in the show, it's an experimental ship that will theoretically fly. It's being maintained or perhaps built by a little Mon Calamari character. This kinda goes in line with the B-wing's old EU origins, in that it was conceived by Admiral Ackbar, a Mon Calamari.

I'm sure some will think this is sacrilegious, but I really wish they wouldn't have brought him back. He sounds old and tired and bored. Those are three things Vader absolutely shouldn't be.
I am with you. If he sounds as bad on the show as he does in the trailer, it is a problem imo.

Yeah, they seem to be the new Inquisitors, and Zod does the female one remind me of Ventress. It if it is her... :jd:

I am really hoping Ventress shows up but I like her being a loner, however you are right about the mask and the face shape resembles her.

If it is her, I don't think she is there willingly.

If it is her, I don't think she is there willingly.

They have nothing to hold over her to force her to work for them. She has no family or anybody she cares about any more.

The only possibly reason I can see Ventress working as an Inquisitor is that Vader allowed her to live so she could work for him, knowing from his encounters with her during the Clone Wars how much of a handful she is.

Remember the Inquisitors work under Vader, he directs them.

I still think Barriss makes more sense. She was all gung-ho about the dark side the last time we saw her, while Asajj had all but given it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"