Sequels Recasting the X-Men for the MCU

The search is over. The X-Men of the MCU have been found.

Mutants have longer lifespans/age slower. Done.

Nop

Depend of kind of mutants! Wolverine, Creed, Sebastian Shaw....... live since long time due to their powers
Mystique too,
also externals mutants like Selene, Apocalypse

Most of regular mutants or X-men (Cyclops Psylocle Jean Storm Gambit Rogue Iceman....) age like humans

I don't think mutants exist in the MCU pre-snap. Having the Snap being what triggers the mutation enables mutants to be worldwide with incidents flaring up without having to deal with the question of why weren't the existence of mutants acknowledged in the films in the last 12 years? Why didn't the X-Men help with Thanos? etc. The simple answer would be because they didn't exist then.

You still have the problem of Magneto's age because his backstory is tied to a real world event which gives a definitive date and the MCU is currently in 2023. Even if you try and say Magneto was born at the very end of WW2 and his hatred becomes about what was done to his parents rather than him experiencing it first hand himself, you're still looking at an 80 year old man.

Also having the snap be the cause of mutation means that the first 3 phases leave a legacy rather than just being neatly wrapped up in a bow and cast aside for the new line up and threat in Phase 4 onwards.

Whats the problem with Magneto ??

We can tell he was a victim of holocaust during WWII like in comics, and something happened to him giving him a long life expectancy (as original Nick Fury or thing like that). So a 60yo actor would fit
In comics he was teenager during WWII and is still a looking good old man in present day. OK bookwriters dont have to explain but in MCU they could give a justification if they want to respect his background

And mutants could exist since long time in MCU as well as vampires, magicians ... but nobody took care
Its not because they arent introduced yet they dont exist
In a deleted scene of Iron Man, Nick Fury Jr already talked about mutants
With Dr Strange, they had to tell magicians was here since long time
With Eternals, their race also existed on earth since beginning

OK mutants are incomparable, they are millions around the world. We can just tell they were rare since centuries, but a mutantboom occurs during 20th. Feige must introduce mutants as soon as possible

It doesn't have to be the Snap, but it's possibly the cleanest explanation for how X-genes the world over were suddenly activated (regardless of age). It ties into Wanda & Pietro with the Mind Stone. They weren't the first mutants, but they might've been the first whose abilities were activated thanks to exposure to the Infinity stones.

I dont like idea of infinity stones to activate x-genes please stop. Hope Eternals movie will introduce deviants and x-genes, created by celestials

And Maximoff arent mutants in MCU like comics, they were retconned in Avengers AXIS 2014 (they arent mutants born and they arent MAgneto's children) to make favor for Age of Ultron movie.

I hope those mutants were always there - how else could we get Apocalypse at some time?

Storm - Jodi Turner-Smith

Beast - Jesse Plemons

Iceman - Brandon Flynn

Kitty Pryde - Hailee Steinfeld

Right yeah, since she's gonna be Kate Bishop. I forgot too.

Which young up-and-comer is everyone calling "the next Hailee"?

My X Men personal MCU cast under Feige's Disney/MCU

Charles Xavier- Ralph Fiennes
Erik Lehnsherr/Magneto- Clive Owen
Logan Howlett/Wolverine- Scott Eastwood
Jean Grey/Phoenix- Saoirse Ronan
Scott Summers/Cyclops- Dylan O'Brien
Hank McCoy/Beast- Tyler Hoechlin
Marie/Rogue- Hailee Steinfeld
Ororo Munroe/Storm- Zazie Beetz
Remy LeBeau/Gambit- Gaspard Ulliel
Kurt Wagner/Nightcrawler- Freddie Highmore
Piotr Rasputin/Colossus- Alexander Ludwig
Bobby Drake/Iceman- Cole Sprouse
Kitty Pryde/Shadowcat- Millie Bobby Brown
Raven Darkholme/Mystique- Ana de Armas
Victor Creed/Sabertooth- Jai Courtney
Toad- Elijah Wood
John Allerdyce/Pyro- KJ Apa
Warren Worthington/Angel- Austin Butler
Bishop- John David Washington
Senator Kelly- Tim Robbins
William Stryker- Robert Patrick
Mr Sinister- Daniel Craig
Apocalypse- Javier Bardem

No to Sonequa Martin-Green as Storm. She is insufferable to watch in Star Trek Discovery. I'd rather have someone else more watchable and likeable.

Fair enough. I've actually changed my mind on who I want to play Storm, I'm now thinking Zazie Beetz.

Maybe Karen Gillan for Rogue? I know she already plays Nebula but she's well hidden beneath all that make up so it wouldn't be really obvious if the two characters were played by the same actress. Also I can't wait for the moment Rogue kills of Captain Marvel or at least puts her in a coma. It's going to happen, it's just a matter of time.

My idea for Magneto's origin story to fit with the modern day MCU is to make him a refugee of the wars that broke up Yugoslavia. Those wars took place in the early 90's, so it would put Magneto in his late 40's or early 50's. Instead of German, he could be Serb, Croatian or Bosnian.

That's a good idea though I don't know if it would have the powerfulness as the holocaust origin does.

If they keep the Holocaust survivor origin story, they might have do the whole "let's freeze him in the late 1940's and revive him in the modern day" thing, but since they already did that to Cap and Bucky, I doubt they do that to Magneto. He could still hate humans, but it would be a war closer to the present time, rather than World War II.

If they keep the holocaust survivor origin story then I think they should maybe use Polaris instead. She has the powers of Magneto plus if he raised her, he could've passed on his hatred of humans so she would fulfil the Magneto role for all intents and purposes.

However, we've had 20 years worth of Xavier and Charles with the Fox movies and prequels so it would be nice if Xavier and Magneto weren't such a big focus in the MCU. They could kill off Magneto relatively early on from old age, and have Polaris as a recurring villain. She'd probably be in her forties so they could cast an older actress.

Timeline. Even if you had him born at the very end of World War 2, he'd be 78 during present day MCU. If he doesn't appear until several years down the line, he'd be even older. Eventually it'll make the X-Men look a little pathetic visually if they can't win a fight against an elderly man.

OK mutants are incomparable, they are millions around the world. We can just tell they were rare since centuries, but a mutantboom occurs during 20th. Feige must introduce mutants as soon as possible

That's where the snap comes in. Whilst it's easy to hide the odd few mutants such as Apocalypse and Wolverine etc, it would be more difficult to hide millions of people with superpowers. If the snap caused the sudden surge in mutants then, not only do you have a reason for why the X-Men never showed up to help with the major world threats (especially in New York city), but it would also explain why there are suddenly mutants everywhere and why there's a massive backlash against them.

I hope those mutants were always there - how else could we get Apocalypse at some time?

I think they could have it where there has been the odd "anomaly" throughout history such as Apocalypse and Wolverine which were easy to hard and might even have been considered to be a myth, but the snap causes a massive explosion in the numbers of mutants. Not every person who got snapped would be a mutant but it would've triggered a mutation in some, and since everyone's DNA is unique to them, it would explain why people have different powers.

Also the study of the mutant gene would be a good way to introduce Mister Sinister and he could experiment on homeless people who become the Morlocks. The Morlock massacre then occurs because Sinister wants to get rid of the evidence of his experiments. Gambit saving Marrow could then set up Sinister's downfall as a revered geneticist (with the science community viewing him as a madman) when Marrow returns a few years later as an adult. Also Sinister could experiment on himself which would begin to give him his more traditional appearance.

Most famous X-men and beloved by fans : Cyclops Wolverine Jean Storm Beast Colossus Kitty Iceman Jubilee Gambit Rogue Angel Psylocke Polaris Havok Nightcrawler, are the main x-men core in comics.
Hope Disney will adapt all them as main team (veterans, since Xavier founded x-men) and some can be cameos, some can have major role

They’ve been fancast a million times but I don’t think you could go wrong with Steinfeld as Rogue and MBB as Kitty.

Millie Bobby Brown as Kitty

love this, she was so great in Enola Holmes and she has the potential to be very relatable as well as enticing to a demographic that maybe wouldn’t seek out superheroes movies

Timeline. Even if you had him born at the very end of World War 2, he'd be 78 during present day MCU. If he doesn't appear until several years down the line, he'd be even older. Eventually it'll make the X-Men look a little pathetic visually if they can't win a fight against an elderly man.

Well, as I said, they can find a cheat code to keep Magneto's age. In comics, Nick Fury took a serum, Magneto has been de-aged and re-aged ... they both lived during WWII.

Lets MCU find a solution to keep his holocaust backgroung by staying alive in modern days as a well-looking old man. In Fox DOFP, he was more than 90

In comics, he always looks like a 50-60s years old person, since beginning (O5 period Cyclops Jean cie were teens) to now (Marvel Now, Secret Wars, Mothervine, House of X, ... Cyclops Jean cie are around 30-40yo )
Magneto has been de-aged several times, but each time he recovered his 50-60yo physical apparance

That's where the snap comes in. Whilst it's easy to hide the odd few mutants such as Apocalypse and Wolverine etc, it would be more difficult to hide millions of people with superpowers. If the snap caused the sudden surge in mutants then, not only do you have a reason for why the X-Men never showed up to help with the major world threats (especially in New York city), but it would also explain why there are suddenly mutants everywhere and why there's a massive backlash against them.

Dont approve this concept of mutants suddently appear because of snap or others...
Mutants must be there since years, X-men must be already active since beginning of MCU (2010' Iron Man)
Nick Fury already stated that mutants and radioactives bugs exist in a deleted scene.

If they set in on krakoa they could just say people are reborn at their preferred ages :)

Cyke Zac Efron
Jean Grey Lily James
Emma Frost Jessica McNamee
Storm Deborah Ayorinde or Keke Palmer
Colossus Florian Munteanu
Kitty Pryde Maia Mitchell or Violett Beane
Iceman Colton Haynes
Jubilee Ashley Liao
Gambit Nick Bateman
Rogue Katherine McNamara
Angel Liam Hemsworth
Psylocke Kaitlyn Leeb or Sonoya Mizuno

I agree with Karl Urban playing Wolverine but he's already played Skurge in Thor

Ralph Fiennes as Prof. X
Jack O'Connell or Brenton Thwaites as Cyclops
Kaya Scodelario or Naomi Scott or Lily James as Jean
Mena Massoud as Angel
Gregg Sulkin or Logan Lerman as Iceman
KiKi Layne or Keke Palmer as Storm
Dev Patel as Beast
Madison Iseman or Maude Apatow as Shadowcat
Ryan Potter as Nightcrawler
Tiffany Espensen as Jubilee
David Corenswet or Jacob Elordi as Colossus
Dacre Montgomery or Milo Gibson as Wolverine
Hailee Steinfeld or Chloë Grace Moretz as Rogue
Haley Bennett or Lily James as Emma Frost
Booboo Stewart as Forge
Sonoya Mizuno as Psylocke
Lance Gross as Bishop
Charlie Rowe as Kevin MacTaggert
Harry Styles as Gambit
Laura Fraser as Moira MacTaggert
Ewan McGregor as Sean Cassidy

Last edited:
He has red rosy cheeks and could probably be the son of Hugh Jackman (compared to the age)
He‘ll be great as Johnny Storm...but not Wolverine

While he's getting on with age I think after watching season 2 of The Boys, Karl Urban would make a great Wolverine.

I thought that too but he’s very tall. He’s 6”1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"