Recasting the X-Men for the MCU

Discussion in 'X-Men Sequels' started by QWoods, Dec 5, 2017.

1. The Vafrous Registered

I want to see an older already established team that has the roster of the animated series. For Gambit, I would love to see what Channing Tatum would do with the character. If not him, I'd love to see Timothy Olyphant in the role, but I think he's definitely too old. Clayne Crawford is someone else I could see in the role. Tom Pelphrey as well.

If they're going younger, then Dacre Montgomery or Ben Robson would be good choices.

2. Sawyer High King

The search is over. The X-Men of the MCU have been found.

3. CyclopsSummers Registered

Nop

Depend of kind of mutants! Wolverine, Creed, Sebastian Shaw....... live since long time due to their powers
    Mystique too,
    also externals mutants like Selene, Apocalypse

Most of regular mutants or X-men (Cyclops Psylocle Jean Storm Gambit Rogue Iceman....) age like humans

Whats the problem with Magneto ??

We can tell he was a victim of holocaust during WWII like in comics, and something happened to him giving him a long life expectancy (as original Nick Fury or thing like that). So a 60yo actor would fit
    In comics he was teenager during WWII and is still a looking good old man in present day. OK bookwriters dont have to explain but in MCU they could give a justification if they want to respect his background

And mutants could exist since long time in MCU as well as vampires, magicians ... but nobody took care
    Its not because they arent introduced yet they dont exist
    In a deleted scene of Iron Man, Nick Fury Jr already talked about mutants
    With Dr Strange, they had to tell magicians was here since long time
    With Eternals, their race also existed on earth since beginning

OK mutants are incomparable, they are millions around the world. We can just tell they were rare since centuries, but a mutantboom occurs during 20th. Feige must introduce mutants as soon as possible

4. CyclopsSummers Registered

I dont like idea of infinity stones to activate x-genes please stop. Hope Eternals movie will introduce deviants and x-genes, created by celestials

And Maximoff arent mutants in MCU like comics, they were retconned in Avengers AXIS 2014 (they arent mutants born and they arent MAgneto's children) to make favor for Age of Ultron movie.

5. Albright Registered

I hope those mutants were always there - how else could we get Apocalypse at some time?

Tymminator likes this.
  6. Sawyer High King

Storm - Jodi Turner-Smith

Beast - Jesse Plemons

Iceman - Brandon Flynn

Kitty Pryde - Hailee Steinfeld

7. Airwings Waves of air

Should she play two characters in MCU, then?

8. DawnWarrior Questioner of Authority

Right yeah, since she's gonna be Kate Bishop. I forgot too.

9. Sawyer High King

That’s yet to be confirmed.

10. Jordacar The Endless One

Which young up-and-comer is everyone calling "the next Hailee"?

11. Tg11 Registered

My X Men personal MCU cast under Feige's Disney/MCU

Charles Xavier- Ralph Fiennes
    Erik Lehnsherr/Magneto- Clive Owen
    Logan Howlett/Wolverine- Scott Eastwood
    Jean Grey/Phoenix- Saoirse Ronan
    Scott Summers/Cyclops- Dylan O'Brien
    Hank McCoy/Beast- Tyler Hoechlin
    Marie/Rogue- Hailee Steinfeld
    Ororo Munroe/Storm- Zazie Beetz
    Remy LeBeau/Gambit- Gaspard Ulliel
    Kurt Wagner/Nightcrawler- Freddie Highmore
    Piotr Rasputin/Colossus- Alexander Ludwig
    Bobby Drake/Iceman- Cole Sprouse
    Kitty Pryde/Shadowcat- Millie Bobby Brown
    Raven Darkholme/Mystique- Ana de Armas
    Victor Creed/Sabertooth- Jai Courtney
    Toad- Elijah Wood
    John Allerdyce/Pyro- KJ Apa
    Warren Worthington/Angel- Austin Butler
    Bishop- John David Washington
    Senator Kelly- Tim Robbins
    William Stryker- Robert Patrick
    Mr Sinister- Daniel Craig
    Apocalypse- Javier Bardem

12. ALittlePush Registered

Fair enough. I've actually changed my mind on who I want to play Storm, I'm now thinking Zazie Beetz.

Maybe Karen Gillan for Rogue? I know she already plays Nebula but she's well hidden beneath all that make up so it wouldn't be really obvious if the two characters were played by the same actress. Also I can't wait for the moment Rogue kills of Captain Marvel or at least puts her in a coma. It's going to happen, it's just a matter of time.

That's a good idea though I don't know if it would have the powerfulness as the holocaust origin does.

If they keep the holocaust survivor origin story then I think they should maybe use Polaris instead. She has the powers of Magneto plus if he raised her, he could've passed on his hatred of humans so she would fulfil the Magneto role for all intents and purposes.

However, we've had 20 years worth of Xavier and Charles with the Fox movies and prequels so it would be nice if Xavier and Magneto weren't such a big focus in the MCU. They could kill off Magneto relatively early on from old age, and have Polaris as a recurring villain. She'd probably be in her forties so they could cast an older actress.

Timeline. Even if you had him born at the very end of World War 2, he'd be 78 during present day MCU. If he doesn't appear until several years down the line, he'd be even older. Eventually it'll make the X-Men look a little pathetic visually if they can't win a fight against an elderly man.

That's where the snap comes in. Whilst it's easy to hide the odd few mutants such as Apocalypse and Wolverine etc, it would be more difficult to hide millions of people with superpowers. If the snap caused the sudden surge in mutants then, not only do you have a reason for why the X-Men never showed up to help with the major world threats (especially in New York city), but it would also explain why there are suddenly mutants everywhere and why there's a massive backlash against them.

I think they could have it where there has been the odd "anomaly" throughout history such as Apocalypse and Wolverine which were easy to hard and might even have been considered to be a myth, but the snap causes a massive explosion in the numbers of mutants. Not every person who got snapped would be a mutant but it would've triggered a mutation in some, and since everyone's DNA is unique to them, it would explain why people have different powers.

Also the study of the mutant gene would be a good way to introduce Mister Sinister and he could experiment on homeless people who become the Morlocks. The Morlock massacre then occurs because Sinister wants to get rid of the evidence of his experiments. Gambit saving Marrow could then set up Sinister's downfall as a revered geneticist (with the science community viewing him as a madman) when Marrow returns a few years later as an adult. Also Sinister could experiment on himself which would begin to give him his more traditional appearance.

13. CyclopsSummers Registered

Most famous X-men and beloved by fans : Cyclops Wolverine Jean Storm Beast Colossus Kitty Iceman Jubilee Gambit Rogue Angel Psylocke Polaris Havok Nightcrawler, are the main x-men core in comics.
    Hope Disney will adapt all them as main team (veterans, since Xavier founded x-men) and some can be cameos, some can have major role

Weather Witch and Iceman like this.
  14. Raiders Registered

Would have made a FINE GAMBIT 4B844204-8FC1-4B3B-8BC5-EA650F15B531.jpeg

Weather Witch likes this.
  15. Albright Registered

Millie Bobby Brown as Kitty

Tymminator, MilkmanDan and Silvermoth like this.
  16. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

They’ve been fancast a million times but I don’t think you could go wrong with Steinfeld as Rogue and MBB as Kitty.

17. Silvermoth Avenger

love this, she was so great in Enola Holmes and she has the potential to be very relatable as well as enticing to a demographic that maybe wouldn’t seek out superheroes movies

18. CyclopsSummers Registered

Well, as I said, they can find a cheat code to keep Magneto's age. In comics, Nick Fury took a serum, Magneto has been de-aged and re-aged ... they both lived during WWII.

Lets MCU find a solution to keep his holocaust backgroung by staying alive in modern days as a well-looking old man. In Fox DOFP, he was more than 90

In comics, he always looks like a 50-60s years old person, since beginning (O5 period Cyclops Jean cie were teens) to now (Marvel Now, Secret Wars, Mothervine, House of X, ... Cyclops Jean cie are around 30-40yo )
    Magneto has been de-aged several times, but each time he recovered his 50-60yo physical apparance

Dont approve this concept of mutants suddently appear because of snap or others...
    Mutants must be there since years, X-men must be already active since beginning of MCU (2010' Iron Man)
    Nick Fury already stated that mutants and radioactives bugs exist in a deleted scene.

19. Silvermoth Avenger

If they set in on krakoa they could just say people are reborn at their preferred ages :)