The Dark Knight Red Hood Origin?

H

HourManRocks

The Joker is already loose, according to the end of Batman Begins, but do you think theyll incorporate the Jokers origin in it? Maybe at the beginning as a flashback or a "5 months ago" thing? Or will they make up a new origin for the Joker? :joker:

I think that they'll do flashbacks of what happened to the Joker, just like they did for Batman in Batman Begins. They may even show hints towards the Red Hood.

If they have flashbacks, I'd like them to be near-incomprehensible, only hinting at something tragic or horrifying. A bad day.

I have a feeling that we'll see hints of the Joker's orgin in the third movie if the rumors of him standing on trial are true. Maybe the audience will be left wondering if what is being said is a lie or not.

Beelze said:
If they have flashbacks, I'd like them to be near-incomprehensible, only hinting at something tragic or horrifying. A bad day.

I agree. I think that the story would be much more interesting if there was a great degree of mystery to the Joker, just like in the comics.

I am just going to quote myself on a thread exactly like this in The Dark Knight (Spoilers) section:

trustyside-kick said:
Only if they do it in the way they showed he was the Red Hood in The Man Who Laughs.

trustyside-kick said:
I am just going to quote myself on a thread exactly like this in The Dark Knight (Spoilers) section:
I read TMWL last night and Red Hood scenes was very brief. Batman thinking if Joker and Red Hood are same person.

Two Face said:
I read TMWL last night and Red Hood scenes was very brief. Batman thinking if Joker and Red Hood are same person.

Yea, that is the best way to do it in the film. That way it is not a movie about Joker's origin...plus it would make it a mystery for Bats to solve or try to; would show him doing a lot more detective work. :up:

trustyside-kick said:
Yea, that is the best way to do it in the film. That way it is not a movie about Joker's origin...plus it would make it a mystery for Bats to solve or try to; would show him doing a lot more detective work. :up:

Exactly, when Gordon says "His (Joker) prints aren't in any database, so we'll probably never know who he really is, he's certainly not saying even if he knowns" after Joker is sent to Arkham

I'm thinking some sort of flashback will be utilised. It's Nolan's style. I think only Insomnia was the exception to the rule.

They could do a flash back like they did in the Killing Joke. TMWL was a great book, but I liked the way the writers did it better in The Killing Joke.

^^^yeah, but either way with the red hood, they would have to add in a scene with batman chasing him through the plant, and that would seem like a stretch that that would've happened with all that was going on in BB

frodawgg said:
^^^yeah, but either way with the red hood, they would have to add in a scene with batman chasing him through the plant, and that would seem like a stretch that that would've happened with all that was going on in BB

They would not really necessarily if they went with the way it was done in TMHL. It would be more like photographic or still-image backflashes/scenes.

^^^i know what you're saying, but what i mean is that in order for batman to have played a role in joker's origin, then a new unseen subplot would have to be added to the backstory (the first movie), which seems highly unlikely

frodawgg said:
^^^i know what you're saying, but what i mean is that in order for batman to have played a role in joker's origin, then a new unseen subplot would have to be added to the backstory (the first movie), which seems highly unlikely

No...the TMHL way would still work because it would still hint that it was Batman's fault for his creation. It just would not be too long of a lil origin for Joker and IMO better because there would be detective work involved.

Two Face said:
Exactly TMWL would work in TDK

"The Man who Laughs" story should be a major component in "The Dark Knight".

Rynan said:
"The Man who Laughs" story should be a major component in "The Dark Knight".

Exactly some elements should come from it.:up:

Two Face said:
Exactly some elements should come from it.:up:

Like The Joker's genius strategies, his purpose for attacking Gotham and how Batman became the target for The Joker's attacks (
Batman stopped him from killing everyone in Gotham, so like Claridge and Wilde, Batman became object of revenge, something The Joker must destroy before he can proceed to kill all of Gotham.
)

Not mention his ability to hold his own in a fight.

I was bored last night and re-read again my TMHL copy and I want them to take a crapload of things from that Graphic Novel for the sequel; more things than I suggested before. Only thing that I would be against them using is the ending since it would be too much alike what happened in BB.

trustyside-kick said:
I was bored last night and re-read again my TMHL copy and I want them to take a crapload of things from that Graphic Novel for the sequel; more things than I suggested before. Only thing that I would be against them using is the ending since it would be too much alike what happened in BB.

I see your point, with the resevoir and posioning Gothams water supply and such.

But I still want The Joker to have a plan to kill everyone in Gotham.

Another thing I loved is the beginning. Showing how Joker spent plenty of time planning and testing his toxin on people before the GCPD knew what him them. I am not saying I want them to echo the exact beginning...but man was that awesome.

The thing is that Gordon said that he "left a calling card" and that he "had a taste for the theatrical, in case you don't remembers Burtons Joker played by Nicholson he used the same calling card and was rather theatrical. Maybe its possible (and in my mind the most proboble) that Ledgers character will be similar, perhaps he is already demented and theatrical but is turned full out into the Joker after ingaging in a fight with Batman, thus making Batman feel responsible for his creation and in turn giving us a better movie. Whatcha think, this possible?

That's pretty the way I imagined it would happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"