The Dark Knight Ideas and concerns

CONCERNS:
1. Joker- I want to see a creepy, perverse, yet jovial and theatrical serial killer. I want to see Joker's Red Hood origin, I want to see the purple-suit, red-lipped, green-haired Joker we come to expect, but I want him a guy you'll love and hate in certain parts of the film. He'll make you laugh at times, but other times he'll freak you out or want you to kill him because he is just so warped and screwy.

2. Eric Roberts- I'm not really a fan of him. I find him to be sort of a C-list actor who never really amounted to anything his sister amounted to. I hope he's just playing Joker's boss, than Maroni or someone else, because a role like Maroni's I think requires a bit of higher talent---ala Pacino or Deniro.

3. Rachel- Still don't understand why she is being brought back for the sequel, but apparently the Nolans feel she needs to stick around. I think it'd be nicer to see Talia or Harley or a newer chick added to the cast then just having Maggie Gyllenhall come in to replace Katie Holmes and keep the character around. Here's hoping she becomes a part of Joker's wild and twisted fun.

4. Action-scenes- I want them to be brutal. No tight shots of Batman pulling a kick or punch, I want to actually see him fight and kick alot of people's asses without the camera panning and zooming in all the time. I want to see pull-back shots where Batman is really giving it his all, blood and teeth flying, that sort of stuff.

5. Escalation- Please make this dark! I don't mean in the sense of Burton's gothicism but in the sense where it's dark as in violent and scary. Ledger talks about how he is going to make Joker into "a shark" and play him like "A Clockwork Orange" well if this is the case than the movie is going to have to be teeter-tottering over the line of verging into an R-rated film.

IDEAS:
1. Cameo villians- Zsas for sure we know is coming back, but definitely would like to see Robin Williams as The Ventriloquist in just a quick scene. He could be playing at the comedy club where Joker tries out before he is booed and booted off stage. I also wouldn't mind hearing the names of Arkham patients be read off a list, Harley Quinn showing up, Dr. Strange and Dr. Arkham showing up, and maybe at the end have Gordon talk about a female cat burgular who prowls around in leather catsuit and carries a whip.

2. Batwing- A stealth fighter that sort of resembles a bat.

3. Two-Face's Birth-At the end Maroni and Joker should be sharing a cell together, or have cells side by side each other. Joker gives Maroni a vile of acid to use in the courtroom. Maroni of course scars Dent, Dent is sent to the hospital, and that night it starts thundering and lightning. Dent awakes in his hospital bed and notices gause is over his face. He starts unraveling the gause quickly and grabs a mirror. He looks into it, but we don't see his reflection till lightning hits, illuminating the room, and we see two-sides of his face staring back at him in the reflection. He throws the mirror to the ground and it cracks and he escapes the hospital. Police sirens are heard as we see Dent run out into the streets.

CONCERNS:

5. Escalation- Please make this dark! I don't mean in the sense of Burton's gothicism but in the sense where it's dark as in violent and scary. Ledger talks about how he is going to make Joker into "a shark" and play him like "A Clockwork Orange" well if this is the case than the movie is going to have to be teeter-tottering over the line of verging into an R-rated film.

I made a thread on this a while back and trust me, it was not well received. I also thought that if they were going to do an accurate portrail of The Joker then at least a 15 rating would be required (not sure what that is in the U.S?) , but everyone on here wants it to be PG-13/12a because either a)most of them are under 13 or b) their secret studio execs and they know a PG-13 will make more money :o

^ No, it's because anyone with any sense realises that a) violence doesn't scare or excite anyone anyone (you seen 300 yet? Massive yawn) and b) a Batman movie always needs to be needs to engage younger generations, that's how Batman has survived so long. How old were you when you saw Batman '89?

True. I just wish Nolan would release two versions: PG-13 and an unrated version. That would be sweet! :wow: :joker:

^ No, it's because anyone with any sense realises that a) violence doesn't scare or excite anyone anyone (you seen 300 yet? Massive yawn) and b) a Batman movie always needs to be needs to engage younger generations, that's how Batman has survived so long. How old were you when you saw Batman '89?

I really liked 300:csad: . Good Saturday night flick. Check your brain at the door, feel the gore.

Ok , i dont wanna start a heated argument here but i disagree with everything you said :
  1. "Violence doesnt scare or excite anyone" is true of late because all recent R rated films have been shít , with the exception of 300 and Hot Fuzz because both of them were great IMO. If violence is used properly and appropriately (im thinkin Sin City) then graphic content gets my vote.
  2. "A batman movie always needs to engage younger generations" is probably what Joel Schumachers philosophy was, and look how well that worked out. Do you think when Burton was making Batman '89 he was thinking "Ok, maybe i shouldnt do this scene were The Joker electrocutes a guy, i might lose the younger audience...." :whatever:
  3. I was 4 when i first saw Batman '89 and the thing that endured me to it the most was The Joker.....and the fact that he absolutely scared the shít out of me!, i wanted to see it because i wasnt allowed to see it and even if TDK was R rated i seriously dont think it would make less money. When i saw 300 and Hot Fuzz both the screenings were full of kids, movie ratings mean nothing these days, nobody cares. Id rather see a full-on , hardcore Joker straight out of the comics rather than one who gets his wings clipped by a stupid fúcking PG-13 rating just so little timmy can drag his mom along to see it. :cmad:
rant over......i need some coffee :wow:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"