Red Steel Review

Tetragrammaton said:
Which explains why it says "great" in big blue letters under it.

The name of the score means nothing. It's the number. I translate the number to a description myself.

WhatsHisFace said:
I can't believe how pathetic this is getting.

You guys are acting like they gave it a 4.0 or something.

Again, it is not the number, it is their complaints. They've already bashed 3 Wii games. And wouldn't you be mad if they gave something like Halo 3 or Banjo-Kazooie 3 a 5.5 when most other places gave it scores like 7? GameSpot is used by a lot of people. Now because they give bad scores, people won't buy a game even though most other sites consider it good.

To be truthful, others are egging it on. It's the Nintendo forum, if GameSpot gave MGS4 a 8.8 there would be B&Ming there as well.

Personaly, I think 8.8 is an awesome score. I just hate how Jeff rights reviews like he hates games.

You know what the funny part is? That moron (incorrectly) said that 360's only good launch game was COD2? So we can assume that whatever score GS gave that game is representative of what a good game would get from them. And you know what they gave it? An 8.8

Omg they're biased against the 360 too!1!!1!!1!!! :wow:

Red Steel is a sucky game guys. Time to grow a pair and move on.

To be truthful, others are egging it on. It's the Nintendo forum, if GameSpot gave MGS4 a 8.8 there would be B&Ming there as well.

Personaly, I think 8.8 is an awesome score. I just hate how Jeff rights reviews like he hates games.

Spidey-Bat said:
8.8 isn't great. The great at the bottom doesn't describe the score. Again, it is Jeff's petty complaints and sarcastic tone throughout his review that reduces it credibility.

Since when does 8.8 out of 10 NOT equal a GREAT SCORE? Anything that recieves a verdict of above 85% is a sign of merit and distinction. Didn't you blokes ever go to school or something?

VaderRISE said:
Heh, your review was still written better then Jeffs. :p

Then you're saying he's right? :ninja: :D

That's right. Gamespot hates the Wii over .2 points in a review of a game no one here has played. Brilliant. It saddens me that there are people here among us that actually believe this.

I'm go by what every other review site has given TP. Nothing has gone below a 9 other than GameSpot. Jeff obviously hates the Wii and he let it affect his review of Twilight Princess. It makes me mad because someone is going to go on GameSpot, see the score and believe the petty complaints ruin the game and pass on it.

Hahaha, yes, he obviously hates the Wii because he said it's biggest game was "great". But what about IGN? Other sites gave the game a perfect 10...but they only gave it a 9.5! That's .5 points lower! Omgz bias!11 :wow:

Idiot.

Tetragrammaton said:
Hahaha, yes, he obviously hates the Wii because he said it's biggest game was "great". But what about IGN? Other sites gave the game a perfect 10...but they only gave it a 9.5! That's .5 points lower! Omgz bias!11 :wow:

Idiot.

The 9.5 reviews are better written than what Jeff wrote. As I have said, it's the review, not the score.

Idiot :o

Spidey-Bat said:
The 9.5 reviews are better written than what Jeff wrote. As I have said, it's the review, not the score.

Idiot :o

Ever think that maybe Jeff was being more objective than the other reviewers? Too many of the reviews so far reek of "ZOMG ZELDA!", but Jeff actually took the game's problems into account when scoring it. The remote speaker functions suck, the Wiimote combat should have been better, and the game needed voice overs. I think the ones we should be questioning are morons like 1up who gave the game a perfect 10 even though it's clearly not perfect.

Tetragrammaton said:

Actually they are better written. Unlike Jeff's, they go into depth about the game. They don't just talk about the faults and over exaggerate them. They talk about it's strengths and weaknesses and how the gamplay is.

Timstuff said:
Ever think that maybe Jeff was being more objective than the other reviewers?
Not after I have seen his obvious distaste for the Wii and bashing of games like Mario Sunshine for petty reasons.

Bashing games? Distaste for Wii? Are you serious with these claims?

WhatsHisFace said:
Bashing games? Distaste for Wii? Are you serious with these claims?
Yes. His whole review of Mario Sunshine was about how he didn't like the water pack and Zelda was just about complaining about the graphics and controls (which all other reviewers liked). Any reviewer who does that is not giving a proper review.

Newsflash: Mario Sunshine under delivered big time. There's nothing un-legit about how Jeff reviews games.

In all seriousness, I think it's pretty clear that Gamespot are a bunch of biased *******. I mean, a key Nintendo Wii title that isn't a perfect 10? omgz yeh right!1 :whatever:

I've said it a million times before, but Nintendo fanboys are the worst.

Tetragrammaton said:
I just reviewed Red Steel and gave it a 2/10000000. :heart:
Thats great considering you haven't played it. :o

Of course I have. How else would I have reviewed it? Come on, get your head in the game here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"