Superman Returns Relaxed discussion of negative attitude to movie.

S

Star Wars Fan

Ok first of all I don’t want to sound like a troll.

We all have our own points of view and we are here as fans to share them.

This is my own personal opinion and I look forward to reading others.

I have a bad feeling about this Movie for a number of reasons.

I was 6 when I went to see the original it blew me away I did not question the choice of Actors or the storyline as a child I loved the action and the magic and the John Williams music.

Superhero movies since have not lived up to the same standard Batman Spiderman Hulk ect.

The other main blockbuster for me as a child was the Star Wars trilogy and this franchise has just returned with 3 average to bad movies.

I am not taking a shot at this movie in particular so much it just seems like they don’t make them like they use to.

Another point Superman the Movie stood alone but these days there are lots of Superhero movies and mostly bad.
I did not like the Spiderman movies or the Batman movies and I hated Hulk, however Batman Begins was quite good and I hope the new Superman movie can surprise me I really do.

In 1979 after years of Superman being in low budget productions Superman the Movie blasted it’s way onto the screen it was full of great effects in Widescreen and super stereo sound.
In 1979 at home we had a crummy little television and seeing Superman on the big screen was an experience.

Fast forward to today I have a huge Screen at home a powerful sound system and Superman the Movie is part of my collection.

Maybe the main problem I have with this movie is I am no longer a kid.
Back when we were kids we had less and seeing Superman was an event will kids these days care.

Now on the other hand if this movie turns out to be really good I fear it won’t capture the sense of event that we as children felt in the 1970s.

I know some fans will say I am just going to bash no matter what kind of movie comes out in the end and maybe they are right.

It’s possible that the main problem with this movie is that it’s out of it’s time and it will never replace itself in my mind with the movie I seen when I was a chid no matter how good it is.

Just one last point Christopher Reeve was Superman for me and It makes me feel a bit old and also a little sad to think things have moved on.
A little like James Bond we are going onto the 6th actor and many people still prefer Sean Connery after all these years.

We have only to wait :)
We have no elements to say nothing.

All movies get ripped apart these days that the age we live in.
I think from the little bits I have seen Spacey is one of the high points of the movie.

Darkesthorizon said:
This movie is going to be ripped apart after people see it. Fanboys are just going to go nuts i'm afraid. Just from the Trailer, i see a terrible looking superman, makes Dean Cain seem godly, and terrible storyline from what i can tell. The whole Lois with a kid deal, and Spacey, who love is making his own version of Hackmen's Lex, not the true comicbook Lex. I'm afraid for this movie. Just should have spliced clips of all the other superman movies together, and called that superman returns

My girlfriend thinks that SR is a movie of the same level of Spiderman.
She liked very much the trailer, more than the Spiderman 2 trailer...but she prefers the dark hero a la Batman.

Another reason I have a bad feeling is that a number of big budget summer movies have been trash.
Waterworld Hulk ect.
Fans should remember that box office numbers are not everything.
King Kong did not do very well but I loved it.

Star Wars Fan said:
Maybe the main problem I have with this movie is I am no longer a kid.
Back when we were kids we had less and seeing Superman was an event will kids these days care.

you post, and within your question, you already answered. Movies will always resonate with younger kids more than adults, because we adults are always looking for more. We have opinions and biases which have been made concrete in our minds. We want to see what we want to see. Children on the other hand are the exact opposite. This lose sight of what they want, when they are amazed by what they have.

Now you used SW in your example, and I must say, that if one goes back and watchs ANH, it is a very bad movie. Awesome mind you, but not exactly the greatest, most well written film out there. It's a bad movie. Pull out the score, and the F/X, and you have a pretty substandard space adventurer movie. But like you I love it. When I was a kid, this was the greatest movie ever.

So yeah, kids will always be more open to what a film is offering, simply because they haven't gotten to the point in their lives where what they want is far more demanding than what they get.

Such is life, childhood ignorance was bliss.

id like to know what happens when his eyes look all messed up at the end is it pain or anger????

Back in the 70s movies never got ripped apart on the internet for some strange reason:confused:

Hey pals, before posting always the same speculations (full of crap), you have to go to read the SHHH set report! It sounds great!:up:

I wish Chris Reeve was 30 years younger and...alive. But he's not.

SUPERMAN: THE MOVIE was good. It wasn't THAT good.

The Guard said:
I wish Chris Reeve was 30 years younger and...alive. But he's not.

SUPERMAN: THE MOVIE was good. It wasn't THAT good.
Blasphemy!!! :eek:

It's still the best superhero movie ever made. :supes:

blind_fury said:

I agree! Reeve is the best Superman thus far!

If there's a god, I bet he looks like that picture of reeve right now. Just up there looking at us with a smile.

Star Wars Fan said:
Back in the 70s movies never got ripped apart on the internet for some strange reason:confused:
Please tell me you are being facetious.:(

C. Lee said:
Obviously. Because Al Gore wasn't Vice President in the 70's. And we all know that he invented the Internet.

blind_fury said:

CGHulk said:
I agree! Reeve is the best Superman thus far!
superman20en.jpg

IMO Batman Begins is the best Superhero movie ever made... Chris Reeve is just the best actor ever picked in a Superhero movie for the title role.
Nobody will ever really embodied a superhero character like Chris.
He simply BECAME Superman... Bale & Keaton are both a close 2nd, and 3rd.
As a movie Superman The Movie was a good movie but it has ALOT of flaws, and plot holes.
The acting wasn't that great in the first movie all around other then Reeve.
The acting only got worse after Part 2.. But those movies are gold because of Chris... He simply IS Superman.. Also another reason why the WB has had such a problem bringing the series back... They knew that alot of people wouldnt accept a new Superman so easily...

C. Lee said:

Why are people throwing around the word facetious like they just heard it for the first time? :confused:

Not you specifically C Lee, just something I've noticed :o

BareKnucklez said:
knew that alot of people wouldnt accept a new Superman so easily...
Not true. People warmed up to Tom Welling. If they could warm up to him, then they can warm up to someone else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"