Remakes discussion Thread

I don't mind remakes when they are remaking a movie that could be updated by current special effects and makeup and such. Now when they want to remake a movie like Revenge of the Nerds that's when I have a problem with it. There is no reason what-so-ever that Revenge of the Nerds needs to be remade.

I don't mind remakes when they are remaking a movie that could be updated by current special effects and makeup and such. Now when they want to remake a movie like Revenge of the Nerds that's when I have a problem with it. There is no reason what-so-ever that Revenge of the Nerds needs to be remade.

Agreed. While a movie like Clash of the Titans is a classic (to me anyway) the special effects stick out like a sore thumb and I actually wouldn't mind seeing it re-made with today's technology provided they bring in capable performers. Movies that don't really rely on effects (like The Omen) and still stand the test of time today don't really need to be re-made.

I liked the intro to Dawn of Dead with the Johnny Cash song...:o

The montage with the louge version of "Down with the Sickness" was great, too. The bit with sniping zombified celebrities was hilarious as well.

Really, the Dawn of the Dead remake was okay in it's own right--an above-average action movie with hints of horror that honors the tone of the original, if not the exact nature of the zombies.

The remake that needs to be made is Clash of the Titans! :up: :up:

Couple of more announced:

I Walked with a Zombie (1943) (Twisted Pictures; Adam Marcus; Jason Goes to Hell)
Anguish (1987) (Ghost House; no director yet)
Room 205 (2007) (Ghost House; Martin Barnewitz; the original movie & Messengers 2)

I've only seen the first one. I remember liking it. Updated take on it could be interesting, but the director is not a good choice at the moment.

Anguish seems like a good cult classic. Criterion has released it too. Fans will be pissed I guess.

Room 205 seems to be the only one "needing" a remake, with only 4.7/10 on IMDb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"