Resident Evil 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdRyder

Sidekick
Reaction score
resident-evil-5-20050722055033421.jpg

Hopefully 2008?

What would you like to see in this game?
IGN was talking about 86'n the old typewriters for Laptops..I think a PDA would be cool.So that you can save anywhere and whenever.
Also as great as 4 was, it certainly wasnt as scary as Condemned..
Dont forget "El Gigante"(so stupid)

Dont forget "El Gigante"(so stupid)

yeah really, a giant monster in a resident evil game? what were they thinking?:rolleyes:? dumb ass...anyway, I think they should keep the typewriters, they're classic...they should also have an option so that you can either use the RE4 follow cam or the classic cinematic cameras...

first person shooter mode would be cool, and have different locations, looks like an eastern bizare or something, sounds good!

There is one thing that would put this game over the top....

Online co-op.

I mean this would kick so much ass.

I also want to see the series go back to a more classic survival horror and in that i mean, limit our ammo. I thought RE4 was one of the greatest games iv ever played but it didn't really feel like a Resident Evil game to me.

There is one thing that would put this game over the top....

Online co-op.

I mean this would kick so much ass.

I also want to see the series go back to a more classic survival horror and in that i mean, limit our ammo. I thought RE4 was one of the greatest games iv ever played but it didn't really feel like a Resident Evil game to me.

The WII version sort of fixes the over-abundance of ammo in RE4...I've had to fight off hordes of Granadas with nothing but my pistol quite a few times in my playthrough of it cause the ammo fo the other guns seems extremely limited...and if you cant get headshots your first try, you run out...

I'd rather have a new RE: Survivor game for X-Box 360, with you know, microphone support.

The WII version sort of fixes the over-abundance of ammo in RE4...I've had to fight off hordes of Granadas with nothing but my pistol quite a few times in my playthrough of it cause the ammo fo the other guns seems extremely limited...and if you cant get headshots your first try, you run out...

I'd rather have a new RE: Survivor game for X-Box 360, with you know, microphone support.

Well the problem with that, is Resident Evil 4 was built for more of a run and gun type of game experience.

As for your second point tho, yea im with you there. I thought RE Outbreak was a fantastic idea, just executed poorly.

Can't Capcom just cut the **** and say already that the main character is Chris Redfield?

I'd also like to see some of the women return. Jill/Claire/Rebecca. It's like Capcom forgot the series had women that were not suppose to be dead. (Ada)

Can't Capcom just cut the **** and say already that the main character is Chris Redfield?

I'd also like to see some of the women return. Jill/Claire/Rebecca. It's like Capcom forgot the series had women that were not suppose to be dead. (Ada)

I dont think we need Jill or Claire back, they've both already had 2 games...and the response to Rebecca's game was lukewarm at best (I love RE0, but the general population seems to not like it all that much)...I actually dont think we need Chris back either. I'd like to see Carlos get his own game, or HUNK...I was in fact thinking how awesome a game from Weskers point of view would be, with your mad half-undead skills...

I could care less if we never saw Carlos or Hunk again.

To me the main repeating characters should be: Wesker, Jill, Chris, Claire, and Leon.

I'm hoping for Chris, we really haven't seen him for a full game since Resident Evil, its bout time for him to kick some more Umbrella ass.

I thought Chris was the main character

I agree. And yeah, I think Claire is going to be in this one. You can't split the Redfield's up. But I'd also like to see Barry in this too.

Just a pitch. Maybe its been done:

1917. Europe is at war. Hell has taken on a new form. It's called the trench and it has claimed the lives of many men, death by bullets, bayonets, fire and gas. Klaus Hartmann, is a combat engineer attached to 11th Sturmbattalione serving on the Eastern Front when a letter from German High Command sends him and his unit to a remote village deep in Romanian territory where contact has been lost with a German regiment led by Baron Hermann von Kleist.

Ambushed by an unseen enemy, Hartmann survives, only to find the village littered with dead Germans and Romanians. Now Hartmann must fight his way out of the beginning of the nightmare we all know as: Resident Evil.

The story can serve as an ultimate prequel, the quality of weapons can challenge the player and the "Hell within Hell" settings may appeal to players. The trench would really look good rendered in next gen graphics

Weapons:
- Luger P08 (Basic weapon)
-Gewehr 98 (with bayonet for special close combat)
-Mauser C96 (stopping power handgun)
-Nagant M1895 (Revolver)
-MP 18 (Machine pistol)
-STICK GRENADES!!!!!!!

Interesting, but was Umbrella even around in 1917? If they were, would they have the capability to create the creatures that they did in the orig Resident Evil? I deff think you have a unique idea but i say keep RE where it is. Don't go too far into the past and don't go too far into the future. The last thing i want to see is Resident Evil....IN SPACE!!!

i want a whole damn city to roam in, GTA style, but with RE4 gameplay mechanics.

might be too much, the linear thing has always worked well for RE. might not want to go stray too far from that.

i want a whole damn city to roam in, GTA style, but with RE4 gameplay mechanics.

might be too much, the linear thing has always worked well for RE. might not want to go stray too far from that.

There was a game announced and cancled a while back, the name of which I cant remember, which was just that...like, you had a whole city ala Racoon City in RE2 devistated by zombies, and it was free roam...like, if you left a car for too long you'd be mobbed and killed, and zombies could grab a hold of your car as you drove and pound there way in the windows and such...too bad it got axed, it looked great...

Interesting, but was Umbrella even around in 1917? If they were, would they have the capability to create the creatures that they did in the orig Resident Evil? I deff think you have a unique idea but i say keep RE where it is. Don't go too far into the past and don't go too far into the future. The last thing i want to see is Resident Evil....IN SPACE!!!

Well if Code Veronica was any indication, the founding fathers of Umbrella were all of English royalty and decendency. My "plan" was to create a believable use for the viruses that these guys created. It all had to start somewhere so I was thinking maybe some German general wanted to create sometime that would keep his men alive in the harshness of the trench so he heads to Romania with a Bacteriologist named Dr.Brand to some village where the people don't seem to get sick at don't age as much as normal people do.

You know, the road to Hell is paved with good intentions and all that so something goes horribly wrong (as usual) and now Klaus has to fight his way out of the village which is infected with this "proto-virus" while Von Kleist, now mad with the infection is planning on spreading the stuff throughout the Eastern Front under the guise of "small pox" vaccine. You can say this is where Ozwell and the other Umbrella guys get their idea for the virus.

Well if Code Veronica was any indication, the founding fathers of Umbrella were all of English royalty and decendency. My "plan" was to create a believable use for the viruses that these guys created. It all had to start somewhere so I was thinking maybe some German general wanted to create sometime that would keep his men alive in the harshness of the trench so he heads to Romania with a Bacteriologist named Dr.Brand to some village where the people don't seem to get sick at don't age as much as normal people do.

You know, the road to Hell is paved with good intentions and all that so something goes horribly wrong (as usual) and now Klaus has to fight his way out of the village which is infected with this "proto-virus" while Von Kleist, now mad with the infection is planning on spreading the stuff throughout the Eastern Front under the guise of "small pox" vaccine. You can say this is where Ozwell and the other Umbrella guys get their idea for the virus.

Dude u deff have some amazing ideas, tho I'm just not sure id like that as a Resident Evil game, although make it its own game and thats a diff story.

Resident Evil is my video game series!!! Cant wait for this game! Dont really care who the main character is as long the game kicks ass!!! I know the single player is going to rock but I wouldnt mind some online play? That would be kool. Maybe take that part in RE4 where your by yourself and have to kill like 30 enemies? But this time with friends online! Or maybe if you get bit, you become the zombies as well.

-rolleyes- Havok that was a pretty lame observation. Duh, they were. It was just to introduce Claire into the story. He's saying now that they've found each other, they shouldn't be split again.

Dude u deff have some amazing ideas, tho I'm just not sure id like that as a Resident Evil game, although make it its own game and thats a diff story.

Thanks. And yeah I really hope to see Claire though a new charcter wouldn't hurt either. I really hated Leon's air of arrogance and indifference around him He's like "Oh yeah, Zombies. Been there done that". A new character who's never encountered these things would be more like "WTF!? Oh F**K their eating their grandma alive the sick sons of *****es! I've gotta ta get the f**k outta here!". Its more like what the player would say.

The problem with the virus starting out as a way to keep soldiers alive is we already have the reason for the virus...it was supposed to create living weapons...

The problem with the virus starting out as a way to keep soldiers alive is we already have the reason for the virus...it was supposed to create living weapons...

Heh', talk about defeating your own purpose.

Its Umbrella's reason. And I'm trying to say that Umbrella got their idea off the ground from this "incident". Brand and Von Kleist tried to create something that would make their men immune to the effects of Chlorine and Mustard gas attacks which were used frequently in WWI. They created a drug of sorts and it was effective but with major side effects.

Years after, maybe documents and reports of the incident are found by the founding members of Umbrella and they've got the groundwork for their living weapon projects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"