Resistance 3

Hey guys,

I’ve been out of action for a while because lightning struck our neighborhood…resulted in frying the modem. It’s great to see this thread active and to see how many people have changed their views on the franchise. :D

I personally hope they don’t kill Hale. In my opinion, Hale’s character is not done. There is so much they still have to close up. I really hope it’s a premonition. In the comics it was reported that Sentinels had waking visions, things that were to unfold in the future.

Cassie Alkin, the psychologist at the Project Abraham facility and Hale’s love interest, dies a horrible death. Capelli reports to Oppenheimer that he had a waking vision, actually seeing what was going to happen to her.

Nip/Tuck season 2 ended with Christian Troy, one of the plastic surgeons, being a victim of a serial rapist called The Carver. The Carver would slash beautiful faces done by plastic surgery and cut them from ear to mouth to their other ear. Think of the Joker.

The Carver then threatened to kill Shawn and Troy if they corrected his “work”. At the end The Carver pays a visit to Christian slashing the camera and ending season 2. Season 3 opens with Christian Troy’s funeral, only to find out it’s a dream Christian has after being raped.

If done right…it’s not a cheap gimmick. I have a feeling Hale isn’t dead. ;)

On another note…I visit Insomniac Games next Friday! I’m so jacked!:wow:

I can’t wait! :D

Why Hasn't Anyone Mentioned the bad @$$ Trailer that was shown At Gamescom

Because it was filled with too much awesome for me to type it into words?

Anyone read the interview with Ted Price feature on Playstation's Blog?

Interviewer: "Why did you, Insomniac Games, choose to announce Resistance 3 with a live action teaser trailer?"

Ted Price: "We wanted to give fans a good idea of what they can expect in terms of atmosphere with Resistance 3."

Interviewer: "Can we expect to see live action cutscenes in the game?"

Ted Price *Smiling*: "I can't talk about that."

I'm not sure where I stand with live action cut scenes. If maybe the Chimera's C.G.I. was a little bit more beefed up then I would be excited. I just don't like all the quick shots/not really being able to see things well.

I also think, from a game play stand point, it takes away from the immersive element games offer. I mean that was one of the huge negative many found with last generation games. The fact that there were the game play graphics and then these beautiful CG pre-rendered videos.

That's something Insomniac always tried to shy away from in terms of narrative. Then came Ratchet and Clank: A Crack In Time which did cinematics beautifully. They managed to balance them with the game play/in game videos.

I was hoping to get something similar in terms of Resistance 3.

If it replicates the quality of that trailer, then I'm down for this idea.

Personally though, I got excited by the idea of R3 taking the Hal Life approach: never breaking from gameplay in one long journey to get to New York, while explaining the whole Cappelli/Hale issue along the way.

I'm very excited to see where Insomniac Games decides to take the franchise. While Resistance 2 was cool, in terms of story, I found it kind of generic. There are rumors circling that this is going to be a post war story.

The St. Louis Arch wasn't built until the 1960's. However, we are dealing with an alternate history so really its up in the air. Personally I don't see a project like that being built while a war is going on. So I'm going to say it was built before the 1960's.

I'm also interested in seeing if Insomniac has really killed off Nathan Hale or if they are going to keep him alive. While I don't have anything against Capelli, I feel Insomniac Games didn't give Hale the proper treatment he deserved. There is a ton of back story to Resistance that really isn't fleshed out in the campaigns story.

Capelli though offers a lot of interesting story mechanics, as well as, game play mechanics. I'm very excited for PAX. I can't wait to see more on the game.

This game is going to be amazing

5033655162_583132eb37_b.jpg

5033653484_0618ff58f1_b.jpg

5033650076_b5fa493f42_b.jpg

r32a.jpg

r33z.jpg

r34j.jpg

more here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/53510290@N05/sets/72157624928657693/with/5033655162/

That's Grayson! That's ****ing Grayson!!!! AWESOME.

I think that is Capelli dude. You can kind of see the scar on his left cheek.

But Capelli was huuuuuuuuuuuge, and even though we didn't see his hair... the rest of the Sentinels had shaved heads, and Capelli has the slight problem of not being on this planet.

Also, he's talking to the French chick from Resistance: Retribution in one shot too.

Looks like Grayson to me these pics are amazing i hope we get more info from Insomniac i really want to see some gameplay

I think thats definetly Grayson and thats Raine from Retribution. I like the idea of them making their PS3 debut. At any rate, those screenshots look pretty damn good. Im loving what Im seeing from Insomniac so far

325px-06.jpg

story-2-bouchard.png

Last edited:
But Capelli was huuuuuuuuuuuge, and even though we didn't see his hair... the rest of the Sentinels had shaved heads, and Capelli has the slight problem of not being on this planet.

Also, he's talking to the French chick from Resistance: Retribution in one shot too.

The thing is, we don't know how much time has passed. He could have been put in some camp and lost weight for example. I think it's Capelli, because of the facial features. Plus, one of the cool things about Grayson was his jacket. The dude in the pic isn't wearing it.

resis9.jpg

You could be right but I dont see the facial resemblance to Capelli. I guess the one evidence on his side is that the captions for the pics said Capelli, if those are accurate. I still think the guy looks alot more like Grayson

Last edited:
Hahaha god I love being on the inside looking out. ;)

Fans make me laugh. Some people are saying these are photoshopped, others are claiming this is Nathan Hale with hair. Some think that is Raine from Retribution.

At any rate, this just goes to prove my theory that Insomniac Games is the equivilence of Trent Reznor to the video game industry. They don't need to plan huge/elaborate releases. Like Trent Reznor, they just release what they have and let it speak for itself.

By doing this, the amount of hype generated by the community is insurmountable. They don't need E3, they don't need Tokyo Game Show. I find that to be really kick ass!

I'm pretty sure we're going to be playing as Capelli. This is not Grayson. For those who have played Retribution, you know that Grayson becomes infected after having sex with Bouchard. He the relocates to Russia where he is called "The Cloven Killer". He has no purpose being in the United States.

Where Capelli crashed in the Mexico desert after their Chimeran craft loses power. There is speculation that the woman in that picture is actually Hale's foster sister Susan Farley.

One thing is for sure, this game is going to be phenomenal! I'm so happy Insomniac Games have adopted a two year development cycle instead of their annual one year. While the games they delivered were nothing short of top notch, I think these screenshots speak for themselves in terms of what Insomniac Games can truly deliver us.

I can't wait for this game! Love how everyone doubted this game back when it was first coming out and now its one of the most recognizable IP's featured on the Playstation 3! :D

Last edited:
The caption for the image says Susan so Im guessing it is her. Was she in any of the games bc I dont recall her from R2 and I didnt play the first one

I wonder why they made Capelli and Susan look so much like Grayson and Raine. I wonder if there will be a connection between the 4 characters

i wonder if we will get a new trailer soon with some new gameplay hopefully :D:D

@Havok- No she wasn't mentioned/seen in any of the games. I never knew Hale had a foster family until I read William C Dietz book "The Gathering Storm". I personally think it was something Dietz added himself for Hale's character. Insomniac never touched on a foster family.

They just said that Hale's parents died due to complications from the influenza outbreak and Hale became ward of the state. He then drifted in and out of odd jobs for a long period of time before finally joining the military. This is where everyone learned that Hale had no self preservation. He had a growing death wish that alarmed/fascinated most.

I'm fascinated by the screenshots. Since we're playing as Capelli, there is a ton of exploration that Insomniac can do with his character. For one, being the one who killed Nathan Hale how is that going to affect his relationship with everyone else? Makes you kind of wonder, has he been kicked out of the military?

He looks very rogue now, almost like he is a loner. Has our military been decimated by the Chimera? Here's hoping. I didn't like the whole military super soldier aspect Resistance 2 tried to spin off. I loved the first games atmosphere of being a lone super soldier trying to make due with ordinary everyday soldiers.

@Superhero- Just be patient. ;)

I hope they do something to make Capelli likeable bc I thought he was a *****e in R2 that I couldnt stand

I actually didn't mind Capelli in Resistance 2. That said, I still prefer Hale over him. Simply because I felt that Insomniac's character development for Hale was very subpar. They didn't give us a true sense of who he was. What made him tick. I feel there was still so much left for his character to offer the franchise and feel cheated they didn't explore most of it.

I know not everyone here is a die hard Resistance fan but if you do a lot of digging you got to see a lot more of Hale's character in the back story. Unfortunately none of that makes it into the actual game.

SPOILERS

Hale's Foster Parents dying.
Hale having to turn in his own sister because she tried to kill the President.
Hale killing the president.
How Hale went through Project Abraham and looked out for the other soldiers before his own well being. Cutting a deal with the C.O. to let Danby live because he knew the guy was more valuable off the field rather then on.
The accident that Hale made during a live fire training that resulted in killing twelve of his men.
The growing death wish Hale developed.

There is still so much left!

By the way, why is everyone assuming that the girl is Raine? She died at the end of Resistance: Retribution after turning into the Chrysalis monster.

Last edited:
:shock

I put the SPOILERS thing. :(

I'm sorry Havok.
its alright. When I was playing it, my save file got corrupted somehow and I didnt feel like starting over. I'll probably try to finish it before this game comes out and I still need to play the first one

Wow! That's such an awesome cover, I wish we got Game Informer over here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"