The Dark Knight Rises Return of Ra's Al Ghul?

Two Face said:
What? Ra's is the biological father.

I know. I just thought it would work better for the movie. Mostly just because it was easier and more imaginitive then just the plain soap-opera long lost daughter routine since she was not introduced in Begins. I'm not strictly attached to it. It was just an idea.

Talia is a grown woman. She couldve easily been off on her own by the time Bruce and Ra's ever even met.

I would like to see the return of Ras, but I dont think it is a must have. I still voted yes.

Ra's never mentioned he had a daughter. Maybe, he trained her to help take revenge on her mother. She couldn't go through with it and he disowned her. So thta would be why he doesn't mention her.

El Payaso said:
But Batman will die.

Ras just have to wait 60 years (not a long time for an immortal guy) and Gotham is all his.

Yeah but Ra's has been around since the 70s battling Batman and Bats is still going strong.

^^^^Plus, Ra's is way too honorable to fight a geriatric

COMPO said:
Ra's never mentioned he had a daughter. Maybe, he trained her to help take revenge on her mother. She couldn't go through with it and he disowned her. So thta would be why he doesn't mention her.

Well he did mention that he had a wife and she was taken from him. There is sign that he could have a daughter called Talia and would be a surpize to people who are not a fan of Batman and I thin it's great way to bring back Ra's in Batman 3 or 4 if they go beyond 3 movies.

Two Face said:
Well he did mention that he had a wife and she was taken from him. There is sign that he could have a daughter called Talia and would be a surpize to people who are not a fan of Batman and I thin it's great way to bring back Ra's in Batman 3 or 4 if they go beyond 3 movies.

Certainly there are alot of stories Nolan could explorer concerning Ra's but I think Nolan wants to look at the other villians as well. Maybe Ra's and/or Taila will be explored further in the 4th or 5th movie. It would be cool though to have some foreshadowing in the 3rd movie, perhaps as an epilogue at the end of the movie.

Just because he didnt say anything about it doesn't mean it isnt there. He didn't ever say his real name...

Talia would be a great way to re-introduce Ra's. She meets Bruce, they hit it off, and eventually you met her father, which would be the big reveal. Or Bruce just goes down to the cave to find Ra's and Talia there. That'd throw him.

cerealkiller182 said:
I always thought for the movie mostly because Ra's was shown as an Asian,

Argh! No, he wasn't. The Asian Ra's was never, ever the real one. Neeson was always the one and only real Ra's.

Talia'd probably have to be an alias. Like Ducard was in begins.

otherwise the whole thing will be too predictable.

raybia said:
Certainly there are alot of stories Nolan could explorer concerning Ra's but I think Nolan wants to look at the other villians as well. Maybe Ra's and/or Taila will be explored further in the 4th or 5th movie. It would be cool though to have some foreshadowing in the 3rd movie, perhaps as an epilogue at the end of the movie.

Exactly, that's what I thinking.:up:

Ronny Shade said:
Talia'd probably have to be an alias. Like Ducard was in begins.

otherwise the whole thing will be too predictable.

Well Talia would be like Ducard but then turn agaist when her father says so.

yeah but all the comic fans'll know something's up if a girl named Talia shows up. I'd kinda want a surprise like in Begins where its a girl names...Kathy Kane or something and then she turns out to be Talia....but maybe that's overly contrived.

No I don't want another copy of Begins storyline like (example: where Schumcher copied Forever then put them on B&R,) I mean I want original story and diferent but follows Begins movies so what her real name is Talia Bruce does not know that Talia is the daughter of Ra's until Talia or Ra's tells Bruce that.

So Bruce won't know, but we will. Dramatic irony.

Yeah my idea was a little lame, but I'm trying to think of ways to keep it fresh. I don't want to know everything that is going to happen.

The more I think about it - the more I want Talia in the sequels. I also want either Natalie Portman or (her twin) Keira Knightly to play her.

I don't think Ra's should return. There are other villains that should be used before we get to see him again. First I want to see correct versions of Joker, Two-Face, Riddler, Penguin, Catwoman etc.

I would like to have seen Talia, but that's not enough for me to want another movie with Ra's very soon. Maybe he coudl show up again if the movies makes it to 5 or 6, but I doubt they will. They'll probably stop after the trilogy is complete.

StorminNorman said:
The more I think about it - the more I want Talia in the sequels. I also want either Natalie Portman or (her twin) Keira Knightly to play her.
I've never understood this. I've never thought Kiera and Natalie look alike.

Ronny Shade said:
I've never understood this. I've never thought Kiera and Natalie look alike.

Check out Phantom Menace. Kiera played Amidala's maid and doubled for her as the Queen in some scenes.
Supposedly their own mothers had problems telling them apart on the set.

EDIT: Found some comparison pics:

keira_nat1_1.jpg

keira_nat2.jpg

Yeah, and they looked a lot more alike back then too. Nowdays not so much, Keira's face has changed.

For ages I just assumed Portman played both Padme (real Queen) and the handmaiden (decoy Queen). I thought the scenes with them both in frame were just digitally compositing separately filmed elements of Portman in each role. I was shocked when I found out the decoy was simply another actress with a strong resemblance. Of course the hair and make-up helped make them look alike.

But their faces don't work the same way. Expressions are totally different.

I mean sure they have a similarity which was probably more pronounced when they were younger, but their facial demeanor is totally different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"