"Rise of Legends" Heroes RPG Vol.1 IC Thread 2.0

Sylar.jpg

I let him take his shots before pushing him away with my telekinesis. I concentrate and feel myself be lift to my feet. I quickly look over and make sure Maya and the blonde is out of commission. I grin as I turn to Mohinder whos just getting up.

"Enough."

I raise my hand and Mohinder goes rigid. I casually walk up to him as he tries to move.

"Now im only gonna ask this once. I want the list and I want to know where Peterelli went."

"And if I don't comply?"

"Leave him alone!"

I turn in time to see Molly come at me. She lashes out with everything she has trying to save Mohinder. I concentrate and lift her into the air.

"Give me what I want before I do something you'll regret."
elle.gif

Elle grogily gets to her knees, her hand leaning up against the counter for support. She looks around the room to see Maya lying unconcious. As she slowly comes too, she hears screams coming from the next room. Elle suddenly realizes who the screams belong to, and rushes to her feet.

"Molly..." She moans. Elle hobbles into the next room. She walks through the opening to see Sylar holding Mohinder up against the wall, and levitating Molly helplessly in the air. Elle begins to panic as she tries to contemplate a plan. Ok, this guy was barely phased by any of my attacks! But...wait a minute...my powers hurt Petrelli back when he was in our possession...and he has much more power than Sylar. Elle looks to the ground, and sees a steak knife lying on the floor. Elle smiles, and picks the knife up in her hand.

She emits the familiar blue electricity from her hand, and the knife begins to flash and spark. Elle readies herself, as she grips the knife tightly in her hand. You'll pay for this, Sylar, she thinks in her head, a sneer coming across her face.

Elle charges Sylar from behind, running as fast and quietly as she can. Within seconds she reaches the cannibal, and thrusts the knife deep into his back. As the sharp blade of the weapon pierces his skin, Elle sends another electrical current through it, causing Sylar to receive a powerful electrical shock.

"I told you I'm always a problem." She says with a smirk as she twists the blade in his back. "Now let's hear you scream."

Elle grogily gets to her knees, her hand leaning up against the counter for support. She looks around the room to see Maya lying unconcious. As she slowly comes too, she hears screams coming from the next room. Elle suddenly realizes who the screams belong to, and rushes to her feet.
"Molly..." She moans. Elle hobbles into the next room. She walks through the opening to see Sylar holding Mohinder up against the wall, and levitating Molly helplessly in the air. Elle begins to panic as she tries to contemplate a plan. Ok, this guy was barely phased by any of my attacks! But...wait a minute...my powers hurt Petrelli back when he was in our possession...and he has much more power than Sylar. Elle looks to the ground, and sees a steak knife lying on the floor. Elle smiles, and picks the knife up in her hand.

She emits the familiar blue electricity from her hand, and the knife begins to flash and spark. Elle readies herself, as she grips the knife tightly in her hand. You'll pay for this, Sylar, she thinks in her head, a sneer coming across her face.

Elle charges Sylar from behind, running as fast and quietly as she can. Within seconds she reaches the cannibal, and thrusts the knife deep into his back. As the sharp blade of the weapon pierces his skin, Elle sends another electrical current through it, causing Sylar to receive a powerful electrical shock.

"I told you I'm always a problem." She says with a smirk as she twists the blade in his back. "Now let's hear you scream."

As Elle - God bless her - unleashes her strike, Sylar's hold over me dissipates and I drop to the floor. I sweep forward and gather Molly in my arms. She's panicked, and she thrashes about in my arms as tears spike out across her cheeks. I set her down and sternly command her to run. With a gentle nudge, she does, sobbing all the way to the back exit and beyond. Why hasn't Bob's agent arrived yet? Why is it taking them so damn long? I know I don't have much time left before Sylar gathers his power and retaliates, so I scramble across to my desk and seize the Company-issued taser that Bob gave me. I feel empowered by the feel of the weapon, and stand before Sylar as I direct it towards his neck.

"I'm going to enjoy this. I'm sure you will, too." I squeeze the trigger and electricity lances outwards from the twin tips, jolting fiercely into Sylar's neck and combining with Elle's lightning streaks.

As Elle - God bless her - unleashes her strike, Sylar's hold over me dissipates and I drop to the floor. I sweep forward and gather Molly in my arms. She's panicked, and she thrashes about in my arms as tears spike out across her cheeks. I set her down and sternly command her to run. With a gentle nudge, she does, sobbing all the way to the back exit and beyond. Why hasn't Bob's agent arrived yet? Why is it taking them so damn long? I know I don't have much time left before Sylar gathers his power and retaliates, so I scramble across to my desk and seize the Company-issued taser that Bob gave me. I feel empowered by the feel of the weapon, and stand before Sylar as I direct it towards his neck.

"I'm going to enjoy this. I'm sure you will, too." I squeeze the trigger and electricity lances outwards from the twin tips, jolting fiercely into Sylar's neck and combining with Elle's lightning streaks.
Sylar.jpg

I grit my teeth trying to hold off the pain and regain control of the situation.

"Ahhhh!"

The rush of adrenaline help me release a telekinetic burst that sends Mohinder and Elle in seperate directions. I quickly yank out the taser prongs and than pull out the knife, the pains excruseating cause the little ***** twisted it.

"You don't know what you've just done have you? You thought what iv done already is monsterous.........

I concentrate and the knife hover in the air before me.

".........you havent seen anything yet!"

I send the knife flying towards the blonde. Moving faster than the blonde could react the blade starts cutting at any exposed flesh it can find. I smile as she screams.

"Last chance Mohinder! I doubt she can last long before bleeding to death, some of those cuts look quite nasty."

Mohinders' quiet as he watches helplessly as Elle gets bloodier.

"Give me what I want!"

I grit my teeth trying to hold off the pain and regain control of the situation.

"Ahhhh!"

The rush of adrenaline help me release a telekinetic burst that sends Mohinder and Elle in seperate directions. I quickly yank out the taser prongs and than pull out the knife, the pains excruseating cause the little ***** twisted it.

"You don't know what you've just done have you? You thought what iv done already is monsterous.........

I concentrate and the knife hover in the air before me.

".........you havent seen anything yet!"

I send the knife flying towards the blonde. Moving faster than the blonde could react the blade starts cutting at any exposed flesh it can find. I smile as she screams.

"Last chance Mohinder! I doubt she can last long before bleeding to death, some of those cuts look quite nasty."

Mohinders' quiet as he watches helplessly as Elle gets bloodier.

"Give me what I want!"

I'm numb.

Perhaps I've endured so much terror that I'm now immune to it. Or maybe my body is simply shutting down, so battered and bruised that it can't even function anymore. I feel morbid in doing so, but I silently thank myself that my father is not caught up in all of this...death is a far preferable option. The satisfaction that I received as I tasered Sylar's jugular has faded, replaced by a dull blend of rage and sorrow. I cannot bring myself to act upon either of these emotions, and so I just stand there silently, watching him torture her.

"I'm sorry, Elle..." I whisper, swallowing hard.

"No need to be sorry," a new voice interjects, and I spin to face the entrance to the loft. "It's not over yet."

Agent101Logo.jpg

She was dressed simply, attired only in a darkly-hued jumpsuit and a eather jacket. Her blonde tresses had been tugged back into a sloppy ponytail which had been cut short, resulting in a tightened bunch of resistant hair striking out of the band. Despite her almost rag-tag appearance, she had a strange sense of beauty that was muted by the hardened gaze that she rested upon the three combatants poised before her. She had been debriefed on each of them before being dispatched - the man of Indian descent was Mohinder Suresh, a genetics professor whose progress the Company was intrigued by; Elle Bishop was also present, an electrokinetic with devastating potential that her father had worked hard to both develop and contain; the final figure was the murderer known as Sylar. Agent 101 smiled softly as she stalked slowly forward, her long fingers curling into tight fists as she moved. Mohinder's heavy breathing was the only sound breaking the deafening silence.

"Sylar. It's time to say your goodbyes to these lovely people," she told him sternly, before launching herself forward. Her booted feet hammered against the floor as she sprang towards him, arms outstretched. The moment she was within reach, she drove her entire body weight into the limbs as they slammed into his chest and propelled him across the loft. Elle tumbled to the floor along with the knife, free of his telekinetic grip. The Agent scooped up the blade and hurled it with pinpoint accuracy at Sylar's shoulder. Even as it whipped through the air, growing ever closer to its stunned target, she sprinted after it, her expression twisting into one of sheer anger. "Let's see how you like me instead!"

Mohinder dropped down beside Elle. "Are you...?"

Agent101Logo.jpg

She was dressed simply, attired only in a darkly-hued jumpsuit and a eather jacket. Her blonde tresses had been tugged back into a sloppy ponytail which had been cut short, resulting in a tightened bunch of resistant hair striking out of the band. Despite her almost rag-tag appearance, she had a strange sense of beauty that was muted by the hardened gaze that she rested upon the three combatants poised before her. She had been debriefed on each of them before being dispatched - the man of Indian descent was Mohinder Suresh, a genetics professor whose progress the Company was intrigued by; Elle Bishop was also present, an electrokinetic with devastating potential that her father had worked hard to both develop and contain; the final figure was the murderer known as Sylar. Agent 101 smiled softly as she stalked slowly forward, her long fingers curling into tight fists as she moved. Mohinder's heavy breathing was the only sound breaking the deafening silence.

"Sylar. It's time to say your goodbyes to these lovely people," she told him sternly, before launching herself forward. Her booted feet hammered against the floor as she sprang towards him, arms outstretched. The moment she was within reach, she drove her entire body weight into the limbs as they slammed into his chest and propelled him across the loft. Elle tumbled to the floor along with the knife, free of his telekinetic grip. The Agent scooped up the blade and hurled it with pinpoint accuracy at Sylar's shoulder. Even as it whipped through the air, growing ever closer to its stunned target, she sprinted after it, her expression twisting into one of sheer anger. "Let's see how you like me instead!"

Mohinder dropped down beside Elle. "Are you...?"
Sylar.jpg

Im taken off guard by the new arrival. I fire a blast of ice towards the knife freezing it solid. The blade shatters as it hit my telekinetic sheild.

"Let's see how you like me instead!"

I look up as see the new combatant coming towards me. She gets within reach and I unleash an uppercut lased with radiation halting her momentum instantly. She slam to the ground hard stunning her. I take this opportunity to freeze her hands and feet to the floor.

"Was that all you had? Hmm please."

I look over and lock eye with Mohinder.

"So this is the way this is gonna be? Fine, if I can't have the list im gonna take something just as valuble to you."

I raise my hand and start telekinetically throwing equipment and furnature until I finally find my target: Molly. I concentrate and lift her in the air and bring her to me.

"Molly! No!"

Mohinder gets to his feet and lunges in an attempt to grab Molly but fails. I smile as Molly tries to fight the invisible force that holding her aloft.

"You have two days Mohinder. Bring me the list....."

I glare at Mohinder as he stares at Molly.

"....or I take her ability and fine them that way. Two days..."

I bring Molly within my sheild and than activate Candice's ablity getting away as they're lost in a illusion.

IC:

She knows. I guess Nathan's death is national news, but I still wasn't sure if she'd hear about it right away. I wish she had heard it from me, not some news anchor. Nonetheless, that's really insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

I nod in response to her inquiry. "I don't have solid evidence against them, but obviously they didn't want him to talk," I explain.

My fists are balled.

"I'm going to avenge his death, Claire," I announce. "My brother will not die in vain. In the meantime, I need you to continue laying low."

That's not going to sit well with Claire. She has Nathan's thick-headedness.

"No! The Company has now taken away both of my fathers! I'm coming with you!" I said with thoughts of vengeance running through my mind.

With the snap of their fingers, the company has ruined my life, and I want to make sure I'm there in person when they get what's coming to them. And I know that Peter could take care of me if something were to happen...

IC:

"No! The Company has now taken away both of my fathers! I'm coming with you!" I said with thoughts of vengeance running through my mind.

With the snap of their fingers, the company has ruined my life, and I want to make sure I'm there in person when they get what's coming to them. And I know that Peter could take care of me if something were to happen...
"No," I immediately protest. "That's not what Noah would have wanted, and it's not what I want for you."

"But..."

I snap uncontrollably. "Look around you! Do you think Noah worked so hard to get you this just so you could blow it all on a vengeance trip?"

I make my way to the door. I'll never fully reason with her, so I might as well leave...alone.

"Besides," I call back, "What can you do to stop them? Not die? This is a job that requires firepower."

Im taken off guard by the new arrival. I fire a blast of ice towards the knife freezing it solid. The blade shatters as it hit my telekinetic sheild.

I look up as see the new combatant coming towards me. She gets within reach and I unleash an uppercut lased with radiation halting her momentum instantly. She slam to the ground hard stunning her. I take this opportunity to freeze her hands and feet to the floor.

"So this is the way this is gonna be? Fine, if I can't have the list im gonna take something just as valuble to you."

I raise my hand and start telekinetically throwing equipment and furnature until I finally find my target: Molly. I concentrate and lift her in the air and bring her to me.

"Molly! No!"

Mohinder gets to his feet and lunges in an attempt to grab Molly but fails. I smile as Molly tries to fight the invisible force that holding her aloft.

I bring Molly within my sheild and than activate Candice's ablity getting away as they're lost in a illusion.

I cry out after Molly, but it is no use. She's already gone, secure within Sylar's grasp. My guilt and regret cannot be assuaged, so there is no point in expressing them for the moment; Elle is perhaps fatally wounded, and Bob's agent has been frozen to the floor.

In medical science, specifically in the area of surgery, there is a term known as 'damage control'. It is used when the surgeons realise that their patient is too badly injured to survive for the duration of the procedure, and so they must simply do as much as they can before the patient reaches the triangle of death (hypothermia, acidosis, and coagulopathy). They then stabilise the patient until they are well enough to complete the job.

It is time for me to instigate damage control for this situation.

My first priority is Elle; I dart over and kneel at her side, refusing to let the copious amounts of blood fluster me. The door to the loft swings open and crashes against the desk. For a moment, I'm terrified that Sylar has returned already, but I'm relieved to see Bob and a troupe of armed men and white-robed medics flood in. "Bob, thank goodness you're here. Elle's hurt badly."

"Oh, my baby girl..." he breathes, watching as the medics swarm her battered, broken body. "This was Sylar? He did all of this?"

Before I have a chance to respond, there's a crack and our blonde-haired saviour tears free of her ice restraints.

"Yes...but he would have done far worse if not for this woman," I tell him solemnly as she strides over.

"I did what I could. But he's got so many abilities...it was hard to keep him pinned down, sir," she explains, the rage of combat still burning in her eyes.

"I understand. Excuse me, I must check with the doctors..." He hurriedly bows out of the conversation and rushes to confer with the single doctor that isn't working on tending to her.

I cry out after Molly, but it is no use. She's already gone, secure within Sylar's grasp. My guilt and regret cannot be assuaged, so there is no point in expressing them for the moment; Elle is perhaps fatally wounded, and Bob's agent has been frozen to the floor.

In medical science, specifically in the area of surgery, there is a term known as 'damage control'. It is used when the surgeons realise that their patient is too badly injured to survive for the duration of the procedure, and so they must simply do as much as they can before the patient reaches the triangle of death (hypothermia, acidosis, and coagulopathy). They then stabilise the patient until they are well enough to complete the job.

It is time for me to instigate damage control for this situation.

My first priority is Elle; I dart over and kneel at her side, refusing to let the copious amounts of blood fluster me. The door to the loft swings open and crashes against the desk. For a moment, I'm terrified that Sylar has returned already, but I'm relieved to see Bob and a troupe of armed men and white-robed medics flood in. "Bob, thank goodness you're here. Elle's hurt badly."

"Oh, my baby girl..." he breathes, watching as the medics swarm her battered, broken body. "This was Sylar? He did all of this?"

Before I have a chance to respond, there's a crack and our blonde-haired saviour tears free of her ice restraints.

"Yes...but he would have done far worse if not for this woman," I tell him solemnly as she strides over.

"I did what I could. But he's got so many abilities...it was hard to keep him pinned down, sir," she explains, the rage of combat still burning in her eyes.

"I understand. Excuse me, I must check with the doctors..." He hurriedly bows out of the conversation and rushes to confer with the single doctor that isn't working on tending to her.
elle.gif

Elle lies on the ground barely conscious. Her vision is blurred as she becomes lightheaded and dizzy. Her whole body feels numb except for the piercing pain of her skin. The wounds burn deep in her tissues, and she winces in pain as she feels the violent pangs.

The men walk over to her, and stop the stretcher they just wheeled in through the broken door carefully next to her. They gently pick her up, and place her on the white clothes of the gurney. Within moments, her blood soaks the sheets, and turns them a haunting crimson. The men begin attaching various tubes and ivys to Elle's body. Compared to the pain she feels from the injuries, the needles give her no pain.

The men begin wheeling the stretcher out of the trashed room, and into Mohinder's medical room. One of the paramedics walks over to Bob Bishop, Elle's father, with a look of depression on his face.

"How is she?" He asks in a concerned tone.

"Not good. The wounds are deep. And I'm pretty sure she's suffered damage from her own powers." Bob puts his hand over his face and wipes the sweat from his brow. He takes a deep sigh, and places his hand on the man's shoulder.

"Do everything you can. Make sure she doesn't die...She's all I have." The man nods, and walks into the room after the other medics.

In the other room, Elle regains a small bit of her consciousness, her eyes widening.

"Where am I?" She asks one of the men groggily.

"Shh. Be still. You've suffered a lot of injuries. We're going to try to help you. Ok?" Elle frowns, and grabs the man's arm, her grasp suprisingly tight for her current state.

"Where am I?" She repeats in an aggravated tone.

"You need to calm down." The man gently speaks. "You're on the brink of a coma. If you over expend yourself anymore, you may not come back."

"Where...am I?" She repeats, her eyes rolling back into her head. Her hand releases the mans arm, and her arm falls back on the bed. One of the other men walks over to the man.

"Is she?"

"No." The man responds, walking toward the room's exit. "That's just the anethstetia kicking in."

"Will she survive?" The man calls out to the other. He stops at the threshhold of the doorway, and looks over his shoulder.

"It depends." He says in a quiet voice.

"On what?"

"Mr. Bishop."

Noah Bennet

I stare at Bennet for a second, not speaking. Bob wants me to work with the man who tried to capture me, the same man who's the legal father of my daughter.

"Bennet, I thought you quit The Company."

"The Company didn't particuarly like that. Besides, I thought you were dead, so I guess we're even."

Noah Bennet

"The Company didn't particuarly like that. Besides, I thought you were dead, so I guess we're even."

"Point taken."

I narrow my eyes a bit at Bennet. Why didn'tt Bob leave me dead?

"Alright. Now that you two have had your chance to make nice. Time for you first mission."

"Wait a minute, what about the person who shot me?"

"In due time, Mr. Petrelli. First, I want you two to tackle some missions for The Company."

I look at Bennet and back at Bob.

"Where?"

"Pack your bags, boys. You're going to Costa Verde. The Haitian's gone rogue. Bring him back home."

The reconstruction work that is occurring around me is drowned out by the blood pumping through my vains and hammering through my ears. Bob is poised before, his fingers intertwined over his stomach; he seems weary of our discussion despite its briefness. I make sure to exaggerate my expression of disbelief and intolerance, drawing me strange glances from several of the workmen who seem to think that 'repair the loft of a genetic scientist' actually means 'perch yourself on a desk and sip at coffee for the day'. Bob's gaze wanders over to them and they scatter, feigning a sense of urgency as they hastily set about examining blueprints and schematics. I roll my eyes, eliciting an exasperated sigh from my employer, who adjusts his spectacles and probes his chin with an errant finger.

"How can you even consider saying no to this?" I demand, trying to gesture as minimally as possible; although my wounds are no where near as extensive as Elle's, I'm still battered and bruised and movement only results in pain. "It's your daughter, for heaven's sake."

"Don't you think I know that?" Bob responds, irked by my comment. "What you seem intent on ignoring is that we only have one vial of Claire's blood left, and if we use it on Elle...well, she'll recover. The blood won't magically regenerate itself. If we use it as a quick fix every time an agent gets a little bloodied - you should know, Mohinder, that I can't justify that."

"A little bloodied? Sylar cut her nearly to pieces! You're taking her recovery for granted. For all we know, for all the doctors know, she could be dead within the hour." I pause. "I know you think this is none of my business, but it is. Elle is my partner, and if she is not treated properly --"

"Don't make threats you can't fulfil, Mohinder," Bob interjects in a warning, wary tone.

I swallow hard before continuing. "You may have your Agent 101 and whoever else ready to combat Sylar when he returns, but Elle knows how he fights. She's got combat experience."

"Who says we're going to wait for Sylar to come back?" Bob says softly, but before I can make further enquiries, he speaks again. "Look, Mohinder, I know what this is about. You and Elle have probably grown...closer because of your shared horrors. And you don't want to lose her as well as Molly."

A surge of rage rises up within me. "How dare you? Molly is not lost. Not yet. And neither is Elle. Save her. Before it's too late."

Bob shakes his head slowly. "I'm sorry. I can't use that blood."

If he won't, then I will.

The Company underestimated me. As I add the last few millilitres of Claire Bennet's blood into Elle's IV drip, I realise that. Bob wouldn't think me capable of theft - not of such a valuable...resource. More fool him. I smile softly as Elle's wounds begin to close themselves behind bandages made translucent by blood. She'll be awake within a few moments...​

The reconstruction work that is occurring around me is drowned out by the blood pumping through my vains and hammering through my ears. Bob is poised before, his fingers intertwined over his stomach; he seems weary of our discussion despite its briefness. I make sure to exaggerate my expression of disbelief and intolerance, drawing me strange glances from several of the workmen who seem to think that 'repair the loft of a genetic scientist' actually means 'perch yourself on a desk and sip at coffee for the day'. Bob's gaze wanders over to them and they scatter, feigning a sense of urgency as they hastily set about examining blueprints and schematics. I roll my eyes, eliciting an exasperated sigh from my employer, who adjusts his spectacles and probes his chin with an errant finger.

"How can you even consider saying no to this?" I demand, trying to gesture as minimally as possible; although my wounds are no where near as extensive as Elle's, I'm still battered and bruised and movement only results in pain. "It's your daughter, for heaven's sake."

"Don't you think I know that?" Bob responds, irked by my comment. "What you seem intent on ignoring is that we only have one vial of Claire's blood left, and if we use it on Elle...well, she'll recover. The blood won't magically regenerate itself. If we use it as a quick fix every time an agent gets a little bloodied - you should know, Mohinder, that I can't justify that."

"A little bloodied? Sylar cut her nearly to pieces! You're taking her recovery for granted. For all we know, for all the doctors know, she could be dead within the hour." I pause. "I know you think this is none of my business, but it is. Elle is my partner, and if she is not treated properly --"

"Don't make threats you can't fulfil, Mohinder," Bob interjects in a warning, wary tone.

I swallow hard before continuing. "You may have your Agent 101 and whoever else ready to combat Sylar when he returns, but Elle knows how he fights. She's got combat experience."

"Who says we're going to wait for Sylar to come back?" Bob says softly, but before I can make further enquiries, he speaks again. "Look, Mohinder, I know what this is about. You and Elle have probably grown...closer because of your shared horrors. And you don't want to lose her as well as Molly."

A surge of rage rises up within me. "How dare you? Molly is not lost. Not yet. And neither is Elle. Save her. Before it's too late."

Bob shakes his head slowly. "I'm sorry. I can't use that blood."

If he won't, then I will.

* * *​

The Company underestimated me. As I add the last few millilitres of Claire Bennet's blood into Elle's IV drip, I realise that. Bob wouldn't think me capable of theft - not of such a valuable...resource. More fool him. I smile softly as Elle's wounds begin to close themselves behind bandages made translucent by blood. She'll be awake within a few moments...​
elle.gif

As the deep wounds on Elle's body disappear, her vital signs begin to stabilize. The doctors take a deep breath, and sigh in relief. Mohinder stays by Elle's bedside as she continues to lie unconscious.

After a few moments of silence, Elle's eyes open, and she looks around the room in a dazed state. She turns to her side and sees Mohinder next to the bed. She smiles, and lifts her head up, staring at her body.

"So..." She starts, her voice calm and soft. "I'm not dead." Elle smirks and leans forward. "And I'm healed." She violently jerks her arm, and suddenly feels pain in her muscles. She winces and quints her eyes as she waits for the pain to subside. After a few seconds, the pain dies down, and she begins to feel her back and arm carefully.

"Well, almost." She turns to Mohinder, a look of determination on her face. "What happened?"

Sylar.jpg

"Molly! No!"

Sylar.jpg

Two hours later.....

Molly looks on fearfully as Sylar stands over her.

"Now Molly I need you to use that amazing ability of yours."

"Why?"

"I want to know where your sarrogate father is at."

"No...."

Sylar leans foward getting closer to Molly.

"What was that?"

"I said no!"

"I SAID DO IT!"

A chair suddenly flies across the hotel room and smashes against the wall.

"Now listen Molly, im trying to be nice but your sorely testing my patience!"

"Im not scared of you anymore! Matt and Mohinder will save me! Mohinders' smarter than you and Matt'll know what you do before you even do it!"

Sylar arches an eyebrow.

"Really? A telepath? Hmmm that could be very useful. Tell me have you ever wondered how I take a person's gift?"

The hotel suddenly changes to a sterile operating room. Strapped to the operation table is Mohinder Suresh.

"Mohinder!"

Molly tries to get up to run to him but is held tightly to her seat.

"Ah ah stay seated while the operation is in progress......."

Sylar slowly stalks over to Mohinder lifting a finger and pointing to his forehead.

"First we make the inscission...."

Mohinder screams as a cut appears in his forehead.

"No! Stop it!"

"You know how to stop this, I have use of your talent!"

"I can't......"

Sylar shrugs as he grabs the top of Mohinder's head and pulls it off exposing his brain. Molly's face contorts into a scream but no voice emerges.

"Next we remove the brain..."

"No please stop! I'll do it, I'll help you."

Sylar straightens up and grins as Mohinder's body and the operating table fades away.

"Thats a good girl."

He walk over to her and places his hands on her shoulders.

"Now first off, tell me where a man named Peter Petrelli is."

As the deep wounds on Elle's body disappear, her vital signs begin to stabilize. The doctors take a deep breath, and sigh in relief. Mohinder stays by Elle's bedside as she continues to lie unconscious.
After a few moments of silence, Elle's eyes open, and she looks around the room in a dazed state. She turns to her side and sees Mohinder next to the bed. She smiles, and lifts her head up, staring at her body.

"So..." She starts, her voice calm and soft. "I'm not dead." Elle smirks and leans forward. "And I'm healed." She violently jerks her arm, and suddenly feels pain in her muscles. She winces and quints her eyes as she waits for the pain to subside. After a few seconds, the pain dies down, and she begins to feel her back and arm carefully.

"Well, almost." She turns to Mohinder, a look of determination on her face. "What happened?"

"I used Claire's blood to heal you," I explain hurriedly, unhooking her frm the various monitors and leads that she is strapped to. I gather the bundle of fresh clothes resting on the dashboard of her room and thrust them into her grasp. "Your father doesn't know I did this, so we have to move quickly. Get dressed and I'll explain my strategy."

I leave the room, allowing Elle privacy; leaning against the wall, I pull my cell phone free of my pocket and allow my thumbs to dance across the keys. The usual display screen is replaced by a map of a certain area within New York, adorned with a small red dot which throbs and flickers uncertainly. I hear the door open to my side and I turn to see Elle, fully healed and having rid herself of the hospital gown, follow me out. She smiles warmly at me, a gesture which is met only by a flustered, brief grin from myself.

"So what's the plan, genius?" she quips, absent-mindedly generating sparks atop her fingertips.

A new voice interjects. "Yeah, genius. What's the plan?"

I spin to see Agent 101 poised before us, arms folded squarely across her chest. "Bob sent you."

"Yes. I'm here to stop you," she says simply, her tone bristling with anticipation. "But what Mister Bishop doesn't know...won't hurt him. Where are we headed?"

I smirk. It never hurts to have a little more firepower at your back when you're engaging Sylar. "According to this, Mildford Plaza Hotel. After Maury Parkman attacked Molly last time, Bob convinced me to introduce a tiny homing device into her bloodstream. I didn't expect it to come into use so quickly."

"Milford Plaza Hotel?" the Agent repeats. "Sounds...public. We shouldn't make a scene. We get in, grab the girl, we get out. Taking Sylar down is a secondary priority. Agreed?"

"Agreed."

Sylar.jpg

Two hours later.....

Molly looks on fearfully as Sylar stands over her.

"Now Molly I need you to use that amazing ability of yours."

"Why?"

"I want to know where your sarrogate father is at."

"No...."

Sylar leans foward getting closer to Molly.

"What was that?"

"I said no!"

"I SAID DO IT!"

A chair suddenly flies across the hotel room and smashes against the wall.

"Now listen Molly, im trying to be nice but your sorely testing my patience!"

"Im not scared of you anymore! Matt and Mohinder will save me! Mohinders' smarter than you and Matt'll know what you do before you even do it!"

Sylar arches an eyebrow.

"Really? A telepath? Hmmm that could be very useful. Tell me have you ever wondered how I take a person's gift?"

The hotel suddenly changes to a sterile operating room. Strapped to the operation table is Mohinder Suresh.

"Mohinder!"

Molly tries to get up to run to him but is held tightly to her seat.

"Ah ah stay seated while the operation is in progress......."

Sylar slowly stalks over to Mohinder lifting a finger and pointing to his forehead.

"First we make the inscission...."

Mohinder screams as a cut appears in his forehead.

"No! Stop it!"

"You know how to stop this, I have use of your talent!"

"I can't......"

Sylar shrugs as he grabs the top of Mohinder's head and pulls it off exposing his brain. Molly's face contorts into a scream but no voice emerges.

"Next we remove the brain..."

"No please stop! I'll do it, I'll help you."

Sylar straightens up and grins as Mohinder's body and the operating table fades away.

"Thats a good girl."

He walk over to her and places his hands on her shoulders.

"Now first off, tell me where a man named Peter Petrelli is."
Sylar.jpg

Sylar watches as Molly sits perfectly still, eyes closed in concentration.

"Costa Verde. Peter Petrellis' in Costa Verde California."

"Hm...."

Sylar gets up and starts to pace.

"What, pray tell, would take him there?"

'Doesnt matter' He thinks to himself. 'Aslong as hes' alive he'll remain a constant threat to me. If Suresh calls him in for assistance than my plans will become that much more complicated......."

"Can......can I go home now?"

Sylar turns back to Molly.

"Not yet, use your power again. Tell me where Mohinder is?"

Molly goes quiet again as she closes her eyes. Several minutes pass until she opens her eyes again.

"Where is he?"

"He's at his lab....."

"Your lying, now tell me the truth!"

He advances on the little girl using his telekinesis to lift into the air and at eye level with him.

"Where is he....."

Tears start to fall down her face and she concedes.

"Hes' in a car, about two blocks from here."

091.jpg

"Really? How about we go and meet him......."

"I used Claire's blood to heal you," I explain hurriedly, unhooking her frm the various monitors and leads that she is strapped to. I gather the bundle of fresh clothes resting on the dashboard of her room and thrust them into her grasp. "Your father doesn't know I did this, so we have to move quickly. Get dressed and I'll explain my strategy."

I leave the room, allowing Elle privacy; leaning against the wall, I pull my cell phone free of my pocket and allow my thumbs to dance across the keys. The usual display screen is replaced by a map of a certain area within New York, adorned with a small red dot which throbs and flickers uncertainly. I hear the door open to my side and I turn to see Elle, fully healed and having rid herself of the hospital gown, follow me out. She smiles warmly at me, a gesture which is met only by a flustered, brief grin from myself.

"So what's the plan, genius?" she quips, absent-mindedly generating sparks atop her fingertips.

A new voice interjects. "Yeah, genius. What's the plan?"

I spin to see Agent 101 poised before us, arms folded squarely across her chest. "Bob sent you."

"Yes. I'm here to stop you," she says simply, her tone bristling with anticipation. "But what Mister Bishop doesn't know...won't hurt him. Where are we headed?"

I smirk. It never hurts to have a little more firepower at your back when you're engaging Sylar. "According to this, Mildford Plaza Hotel. After Maury Parkman attacked Molly last time, Bob convinced me to introduce a tiny homing device into her bloodstream. I didn't expect it to come into use so quickly."

"Milford Plaza Hotel?" the Agent repeats. "Sounds...public. We shouldn't make a scene. We get in, grab the girl, we get out. Taking Sylar down is a secondary priority. Agreed?"

"Agreed."
elle.gif

"Molly is you're first priority." Elle responds bluntly. "Sylar is my first."

"I've been hunting him for months. He nearly killed me. There's no way in hell I am letting him get away from me. Not again." Elle turns to Agent 101, her hands glowing and sparking with the blue electricity.

"You, provide a distraction. Mohinder, get in and get Molly, I will cover you if you need it. After Molly is safe, lure Sylar toward me. I'll take him off guard, and send a current through his body so strong his blood will vaporize instantly." Elle smiles as she begins to relish her evil sadistic thought. She fades out of her thought, and back into reality, her look of delight and happiness fading to serious look. "Agreed?"

Alan and Stephen
Soho

"Hey, look what I found for you."

Alan turned around at the responseww of his best friend and saw the book he was holding.

"'Activating Evolution'... What's it about?"

Stephen handed his curious friend the book and sat down on the bed.

"This guy from India, he has these theories about people with strange abilities who live amongst us, just like YOU. He says that it's because of evolution and genetic... something, that you have these powers. Pretty cool, huh?"

Alan eyed the book with great anticipation.

"Very cool..."

He flipped the book around and noticed the picture on the back.

"We need to find this man."

"Molly is you're first priority." Elle responds bluntly. "Sylar is my first."
"I've been hunting him for months. He nearly killed me. There's no way in hell I am letting him get away from me. Not again." Elle turns to Agent 101, her hands glowing and sparking with the blue electricity.

"You, provide a distraction. Mohinder, get in and get Molly, I will cover you if you need it. After Molly is safe, lure Sylar toward me. I'll take him off guard, and send a current through his body so strong his blood will vaporize instantly." Elle smiles as she begins to relish her evil sadistic thought. She fades out of her thought, and back into reality, her look of delight and happiness fading to serious look. "Agreed?"

I swallow hard. This partnership may be more difficult than I originally thought, if Elle does not take heed from prior experiences...she's got to learn from her mistakes, especially when Sylar is involved. Alas, I don't have the time to instruct her in the ways of the world now, so I just nod slowly before yanking open a door and launching myself down the stairwell.

"Just be careful, both of you," I tell them sternly, bursting out into the car park on the bottom level. "And Elle, remember that he knows your strengths and capabilities. Your sudden rejuvenation may catch him off guard, but Agent 101 here is the real ace up our sleeves." I dig into my pocket and hit a switch on my keys; across the way, a metallic silver automobile beeps to life.

As I slide into the driver's seat, the Agent remarks, "Company car?"

"Courtesy of Bob," I answer, jamming the key into the ignition and feeling the vehicle hum to life all around me. "Elle, you'll be our front line...Agent, you intervene when Sylar least expects it, but if either of us are in life-threatening danger, don't wait. I'll get Molly."

[OOC: Syn, feel free to skip ahead to the hotel.]

Sylar.jpg

Sylar watches as Molly sits perfectly still, eyes closed in concentration.

"Costa Verde. Peter Petrellis' in Costa Verde California."

"Hm...."

Sylar gets up and starts to pace.

"What, pray tell, would take him there?"

'Doesnt matter' He thinks to himself. 'Aslong as hes' alive he'll remain a constant threat to me. If Suresh calls him in for assistance than my plans will become that much more complicated......."

"Can......can I go home now?"

Sylar turns back to Molly.

"Not yet, use your power again. Tell me where Mohinder is?"

Molly goes quiet again as she closes her eyes. Several minutes pass until she opens her eyes again.

"Where is he?"

"He's at his lab....."

"Your lying, now tell me the truth!"

He advances on the little girl using his telekinesis to lift into the air and at eye level with him.

"Where is he....."

Tears start to fall down her face and she concedes.

"Hes' in a car, about two blocks from here."

091.jpg

"Really? How about we go and meet him......."

I swallow hard. This partnership may be more difficult than I originally thought, if Elle does not take heed from prior experiences...she's got to learn from her mistakes, especially when Sylar is involved. Alas, I don't have the time to instruct her in the ways of the world now, so I just nod slowly before yanking open a door and launching myself down the stairwell.

"Just be careful, both of you," I tell them sternly, bursting out into the car park on the bottom level. "And Elle, remember that he knows your strengths and capabilities. Your sudden rejuvenation may catch him off guard, but Agent 101 here is the real ace up our sleeves." I dig into my pocket and hit a switch on my keys; across the way, a metallic silver automobile beeps to life.

As I slide into the driver's seat, the Agent remarks, "Company car?"

"Courtesy of Bob," I answer, jamming the key into the ignition and feeling the vehicle hum to life all around me. "Elle, you'll be our front line...Agent, you intervene when Sylar least expects it, but if either of us are in life-threatening danger, don't wait. I'll get Molly."

[OOC: Syn, feel free to skip ahead to the hotel.]
Sylar.jpg

Five minutes later......

Sylar keeps a firm grip on Molly's shoulder as they walk down a busy sidewalk.

"Use your ability, where is he now."

Shes' silent for several minutes until finally raising her hand and points to an incoming car.

"He's in that car....."

An evil smile spreads across Sylar's face as he leads Molly into the street in the path of the car. He raises his hand and suddenly all four tires are ripped off the car causing it to skid to an abrupt stop.

Alan shook off the water from his pant leg.

"Damn puddle..." he muttered.

"Do you even know where this Suresh guy lives?"

"According to the book, he's right here in New York. Thanks again for that book, by the way."

"You're welcome."

Alan and Stephen approached the old apartment building.

"Here we are!"

"Why would a famous genetisist live in such a dump?"

Alan didn't answer. He simply walked in. A skinny man wearing brown pants and a white t-shirt approached him. He looked like a crack addict.

"Can I help you?" he replied.

"Yes, I'm looking for Dr. Shandra Suresh."

"He doesn't live her anymore, but his son is staying in his old room."

"Which one?"

Alan recieved the information he required and headed up the door. But first, he looked over at Stephen.

"Wait here."

"Why?" Stephen gave a puzzled look.

"Just do it."

Stephen shrugged and waited outside as Alan headed for Suresh's door. He took a deep breath and knocked three times.

IC:

"No," I immediately protest. "That's not what Noah would have wanted, and it's not what I want for you."

"But..."

I snap uncontrollably. "Look around you! Do you think Noah worked so hard to get you this just so you could blow it all on a vengeance trip?"

I make my way to the door. I'll never fully reason with her, so I might as well leave...alone.

"Besides," I call back, "What can you do to stop them? Not die? This is a job that requires firepower."

I run after him and managed to block his path. He's not walking away without hearing what I have to say first.

"My dad may have wanted me to have a normal life, and I want that too, but it's not just about me anymore. No one with abilities like ours will be able to have a normal life if this company isn't stopped, and I want others like us to be able to have what we all want.... a normal life. That's why I am coming with you, or I'll go by myself. Either way I'm going after the company. With. Or without you. So what's it going to be?"

Five minutes later......

Sylar keeps a firm grip on Molly's shoulder as they walk down a busy sidewalk.

"Use your ability, where is he now."

Shes' silent for several minutes until finally raising her hand and points to an incoming car.

"He's in that car....."

An evil smile spreads across Sylar's face as he leads Molly into the street in the path of the car. He raises his hand and suddenly all four tires are ripped off the car causing it to skid to an abrupt stop.

We should have expected this. I mentally berate myself as the three of us launch into the fray. I feel the tingle of crackling electricity dance across the back of my neck, and shards of glass explode into the night shadows as Agent 101 dives through the windscreen and sweeps Sylar's legs from beneath him. Even as he tumbles, I'm all too aware that his daze will be momentary at best - and dart forward. Sweeping Molly into my arms, I drop to my knees behind the disabled car, allowing Agent 101 and Elle to attack freely. My little girl sobs, her body falling limp in relief, but I cannot spare her any time now. Warning her to stay where she is, I reach into my jacket and stand again, wandering forward with a metallic, two-pronged object in my hand.

"Sylar! Remember this?" I shout, holding the tuning fork high. "It's slightly different to the other one, though. This one is an electric device, enhanced by some friends of mine to resonate on hundreds of different frequencies. Let's see whether you regret killing Dale Smither now, shall we?"

I activate the mechanical tuning fork and slam the accompanying small metal bar against it. It rings out, assaulting Sylar's ear drums.

fork.gif

Before he even has a chance to scream, I call, "Elle! Do what you will!"

We should have expected this. I mentally berate myself as the three of us launch into the fray. I feel the tingle of crackling electricity dance across the back of my neck, and shards of glass explode into the night shadows as Agent 101 dives through the windscreen and sweeps Sylar's legs from beneath him. Even as he tumbles, I'm all too aware that his daze will be momentary at best - and dart forward. Sweeping Molly into my arms, I drop to my knees behind the disabled car, allowing Agent 101 and Elle to attack freely. My little girl sobs, her body falling limp in relief, but I cannot spare her any time now. Warning her to stay where she is, I reach into my jacket and stand again, wandering forward with a metallic, two-pronged object in my hand.

"Sylar! Remember this?" I shout, holding the tuning fork high. "It's slightly different to the other one, though. This one is an electric device, enhanced by some friends of mine to resonate on hundreds of different frequencies. Let's see whether you regret killing Dale Smither now, shall we?"

I activate the mechanical tuning fork and slam the accompanying small metal bar against it. It rings out, assaulting Sylar's ear drums.

fork.gif

Before he even has a chance to scream, I call, "Elle! Do what you will!"
Sylar.jpg

My head feels like its about to explode. I drop to my knees as blood starts to drip from my ears and nose.

"Ahhhh!"

"Let's see whether you regret killing Dale Smither now, shall we?"

I let out another yell of pain and frustration as blood starts to stream from my eyes.

"You'll regret this Suresh.........ahhh!"

Mohinder grins slightly as the blonde and the newbie draw closer.

"And why would I."

I manage a grin as I glare at Mohinder.

"Oh you have me disabled but now theres nothing keeping my powers in check......."

My hands start to glow as the realization hits Mohinder.

"Tell me, how many innocent people do you think I'll take out ahhhh when I go off?"

I let go of what little control over my abilities I had left and let my telekenisis lash out causing several cars to start flying in every direction. My hands glow even brighter as the asphalt around me starts to boil.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"