The "Ultimate Marvel" RPG Season V IC Thread

New York.

The city was bustling once more, the attack by the Surfer's minions left the city itself diminished and in urgent need of repair but if Donny knew of one thing it was that the will of a New Yorker is stronger than the hardest steel.

"Hey man! Hey!" A rowdy college student, clearly drunk but in high spirits, came shambling over to Donny who stood just outside the soup kitchen he had ate at the previous night. Don smiled.

"Yes?"

"You my man, man. You see this guy!? This guy is so ****ing awesome." The young man shouted, throwing his arm over the rather broad shoulders of the blonde vagrant.

"Ha, I think you have me mistaken with somebody else." Laughed Donny, helping keep the man upright as he slurred some more words in his ear.

"No man no, you the guy man. You the man... C-can we get this... this guy here a drink?" The student continued to blurt out. Taking it all in his stride Donald simply chuckled and took the man back to his friends.

"This belong to you?" He quipped, dropping the student into his friends arms.

"Ha, yeah man sorry about that, he got a little bit over excited. Billy never seen a celebrity before man. Here, have a beer."

Absentmindedly Donny took the bottle from the man and looked at him quizzically.

"Celebrity?" He said, tilting his head. A flash and a crack echoed in the sky as it began to rain.

"Damn, well it was nice meeting you man. I gotta get this lightweight home before he hurts himself. Enjoy the beer."
The young man nodded as he threw his friends arm over his shoulder and walked off down the street.

"Wait... who do you think I am?" Don shouted after the man, now throughoughly confused. The man merely chortled.

"OK man you wanna play it that way It's fine. Who you think you are?"

Donny thought on what the man had meant as he turned the corner with his friend.

"My name's Donald... Donald Blake." He said almost to himself.

thorreveal.jpg

"Thanks for the beer."

Ultimatedeadpool-1.jpg

My eyes open slowly. There's nothing around me. I can feel metal pressing down upon my chest like a weight, holding me in place. A metal slab runs down my spine and past my feet.

Either I'm in the morgue, or I'm being detained. Either way, I'm not such a fan of my current situation.

"Hello?"
I call listlessly, sighing slightly. The downside of not knowing where the hell you are is that you either have to pray that someone comes along and tells you, or you have to find a way out yourself... which, since I'm bolted to a bed, should prove to be a problem for me at this juncture.

Of course, it's not like I'd know where to go at this point. I don't even know who "I" am. That's not true, exactly, I guess. I know I'm Wade Wilson... and I know I like guns. That's about it. I'm a fan of the Chargers, love a good Reuben, and think that Daniel Craig is a better Bond than Pierce Brosnan.

The past two months, though?

They're blank. And, of course, as I glance around this room, I'm not getting such a good feeling about them.

I feel a dull pain encompass my body fully. There isn't a part of me that doesn't ache. It takes all of the energy I have just to pick up my head up off the flat metal behind my skull. When I do, what I see is hardly a surprise, given the circumstances.

My cybernetic implants are jutting out of my flesh, which, in and of itself, is horrifically burned and peeling.

Typical.

My gaze shifts to my arm, one of which is covered in blood, and completely laced with lacerations. The other seems to be somewhat normal in its condition, save for an IV connected to a concoction of medication and treatments for... whatever caused my current state.

"You're awake." A voice says.

The bed lurches for a moment, and I slowly rise upwards into the air. The entire moment is startlingly similar to the conclusion of Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith.

The room is simply a square holding cell. Next to my bed are a series of monitors and devices lain out on a table. Only two men are in the room. One just spoke and is in front of me in a lab coat. The other is leaning in the corner with his arms crossed, giving me the best one-eyed glare that he can.

Picture1-3.png

General Nick Fury. He only shows up when things are a really big deal.

"Uh-Oh." My tone is clearly one of mockery. "Have I been a bad mercenary?"

"Shut him up." Fury's snarl is concerning. He typically engages in at least some banter with me.

Somethings going on.

"Belay that." I tell the ward. Fury never gave me any trouble, even when I was running a television show centered around slaughtering mutants.

"General." My attention is now fully on the leader of S.H.I.E.L.D. "What's going on?"

"You mean to tell me that you really don't know?" He recoils and stands up straight to face me. The sound of his combat boots echoes throughout the tin can as he makes his way closer. "Is that really what you expect me to believe?"

"Well. I was hoping."

The heart of the matter, and what's most terrifying to me, is that I really don't know where the hell I am, or what I've done to get me here. Something between now, and what happened on the Surfer's ship, pissed somebody somewhere off.

A whole helluvalot, too, as far as I can tell.

"Look, Wilson." Fury says, placing his hands on his hips. "You've put me in a very tough position. On the one hand, we've got you: a mercenary-for-hire who has yet to violate any real laws of the United States of America."

With a simple click, he turns on a monitor that's showcasing video footage of a monster tearing through Manhattan, demolishing buildings and cars as if they were made of tissue paper.

"On the other hand we have this: an alien who took out dozens of innocent civilians and nearly destroyed the city. He killed some of my bravest and best men, and has forced one of the most brilliant and trustworthy men in the nation to smear himself in the press."

Fury turns off the television.

"Needless to say, I am not pleased. What really gets under my goddamned skin, though,"
He continues, "Is that you and this alien are one in the same. I'm a patriot, I piss red, white, and blue, so my dilemma is this: I don't know if I should kill you now... or give you a trial, torture you some, or kill you then."

I blink. I've been trained to deal with bad news. I've killed some of my own best friends, for God's sake. And, as hard as it is for me to accept what I'm hearing, there's one glaring question in my mind.

"So, no matter what, I'm going to die?"

"No matter what."

"No chance I'll make it?"

"Not a snowball's chance in hell."

I grunt.

"Guess you can't blame me for doing this, then."

In a second, my upgrades and implants roar to life, bending the thin piece of steel that keeps me in place. I push off of the metal bed, fully aware that I'm naked. My fist slams into Fury's jaw, sending him slamming into a nearby wall. He's down, but not for good.

The orderly, panicking and sprawled out on the floor backs away from me in fear.

"Where am I?" I growl, bending over and wrapping my hand around his throat.

His response is hyperventilation.

"WHERE?" I roar again.

The sound of a gun cocking grabs my attention, though, as I continue to glare at the man in my grasp.

"Let him go, Wilson." The general commands. He's recovered faster than I thought he would.

"You got it, Boss." I say as a smile slides onto my face. I spin on my heel and hurl the orderly at Fury. The pair land in a heap.

Using my arm like a battering ram, I charge forward and burst through the door of the room into a dark hallway.

Fury's screaming something into his radio as I sprint down the corridor.

Hellion.jpg

I hover above the Academy suspended by invisible shackles. Looking around I notice the others suspended around me.

"Wh...what happening?"

With a sudden flash the Academy explodes.

"This has to be a dream, we got away."

From the center of the burning wreckage a figure emerges hovering into the air and approaching.

"Oh you may have Julian but this is far from over!"

My mind feels like it's tearing apart as this creature's voice ravages my mind. The figure finally comes to a stop hovering before us. The fire finally revealing his features.

82921-115348-onslaught_super.jpg

The figure approaches.

"The X-men cannot save you. Their spirit has been crushed, the fight they'll bring will be a minor annoyance compared to the onslaught that I will rain down on you all!"

Within an instant the figure in right in front of me. With and inhuman roar the figure wraps his hand around my throat. With a gasp I jerk awake the searing heat instantly replaced with the cold night air.

"Holy ****......"
Hellion.jpg

My head starts to swim and my stomach twists itself into a knot.

"Lorna pull over....."

"Julian? Why whats...."

Without saying another word I tap into my power pushing the car back to the ground and screech it to a halt. Im able to stumble out of the car and take a few steps before hurling my guts out all over the side of the road. After the hurling stops I fall hard on my ass trying to stop my head from spinning. I jump as a hand gently touches my shoulder.

"Julian are you ok?"

Before I can answer the Academy bus pulls up behind us. Miss Frost emerges followed closely behind by the future Tarantula and Kitty.

"Whats going on?"

"I....I saw......"

"A vision? Something you could've swore was real?"

I try and hide my shocked look but I failed miserably.

"How did you....."

"Some of the other students on the bus has been experiencing the same thing."

Future Tarantula steps forward.

"Julian did you see Xavier? Did he speak to you?"

"Xavier? Hell no I saw something that looked like Magneto on ****ing steroids! He said the X-Men can't help us, that their spirit has been broken."

Confused concern emerges in Tarantula's furry face.

"This can't be right. This wasn't how it happened. The X-men were fighting fit when this happened. Things are starting to change......"

I start to question further but Miss Frost's voice stops me.

"Well think about it on the move. We shouldn't risk staying out here. Julian are you done?"

I nod gently as I shakily get to my feet.

"Alright lets go."

Lorna grabs my arm and helps keep me on my feet as I stumble back to the car.

th_UltimateX-Men063page15.jpg

ALEX SUMMERS - HAVOK
Hellions - XV

As Julian and Lorna get back in the car, Emma grabbed Alex's arm. "Two men died protecting these students. Don't stop until we get them to safety, understand?"

Alex nodded. "Yeah..." Within minutes they were back on the road, the sound of the wind drowning out the deafening silence that came from everyone's confusion and fear of what had just happened.

They drove all night, stopping only for gas and food. Word were rarely spoken. Lorna had fallen asleep next to him, grasping his hand in her sleep. He gently stroked it, glad that he had her during all of this.

THE NEXT DAY

84347-196400-xavier-institute-for_super.jpg

Emma got out of the bus along with Agents Rodriguez and Pryde and met Alex, who was fighting the sleep in his eyes. Behind them, three more cars pulled up with the rest of the student in them. Emma turned to the remaining two Exiles. "You two might want to stay here until we break the news." She stopped, pointing to Agent Pryde. "Especially you."

Alex could only imagine what was going to happen when Kitty realized she was about to meet a thirty-year-old version of herself. He turned to the mansion just as Scott somberly walked out the door. He walked up to the group, giving his brother a hug. "Hey guys. Glad you made it alright." Scott was drained, and Alex could see it. Like he had been through hell.

Alex patted his brother on the back. "Yeah. Thanks for making space on such short notice."

Scott moved back, shaking Emma's hand. "Miss Frost." He moved on to Anton and Kitty. "I'm afraid I don't know you two."

Anton moved forward, holding out his hand. "Agent Pryde and I are the remaining members of the Exiles."

Scott looked confused.

"My name is Anton Rodriguez and this is Kitty Pryde. We're...from the future."

His face wrinkled as Scott tried to wrap his mind around what he had just heard. "Kitty?"

Agent Pryde smiled. "I'm afriad so. You're shorter than I remember."

Scott shook his head. "Wait, so..."

Emma placed her hand on Scott's shoulder. "We'll explain everything, but before we do, we need to get all these kids a comfy bed and a clean change of clothes."

Scott nodded. "Right. Follow me."

ALEX SUMMERS - HAVOK
Hellions - XV

As Julian and Lorna get back in the car, Emma grabbed Alex's arm. "Two men died protecting these students. Don't stop until we get them to safety, understand?"

Alex nodded. "Yeah..." Within minutes they were back on the road, the sound of the wind drowning out the deafening silence that came from everyone's confusion and fear of what had just happened.

They drove all night, stopping only for gas and food. Word were rarely spoken. Lorna had fallen asleep next to him, grasping his hand in her sleep. He gently stroked it, glad that he had her during all of this.

THE NEXT DAY

84347-196400-xavier-institute-for_super.jpg

Emma got out of the bus along with Agents Rodriguez and Pryde and met Alex, who was fighting the sleep in his eyes. Behind them, three more cars pulled up with the rest of the student in them. Emma turned to the remaining two Exiles. "You two might want to stay here until we break the news." She stopped, pointing to Agent Pryde. "Especially you."

Alex could only imagine what was going to happen when Kitty realized she was about to meet a thirty-year-old version of herself. He turned to the mansion just as Scott somberly walked out the door. He walked up to the group, giving his brother a hug. "Hey guys. Glad you made it alright." Scott was drained, and Alex could see it. Like he had been through hell.

Alex patted his brother on the back. "Yeah. Thanks for making space on such short notice."

Scott moved back, shaking Emma's hand. "Miss Frost." He moved on to Anton and Kitty. "I'm afraid I don't know you two."

Anton moved forward, holding out his hand. "Agent Pryde and I are the remaining members of the Exiles."

Scott looked confused.

"My name is Anton Rodriguez and this is Kitty Pryde. We're...from the future."

His face wrinkled as Scott tried to wrap his mind around what he had just heard. "Kitty?"

Agent Pryde smiled. "I'm afriad so. You're shorter than I remember."

Scott shook his head. "Wait, so..."

Emma placed her hand on Scott's shoulder. "We'll explain everything, but before we do, we need to get all these kids a comfy bed and a clean change of clothes."

Scott nodded. "Right. Follow me."
Hellion.jpg

Cyclops and Miss Frost gets to work on setting up the sleeping arrangements and getting everyone fed and settled. I on the other hand stumble to the nearest empty guest room and fall into bed. I've been nursing a major headache sense that vision or dream (whatever) and it's just moved into the splitting variety.

"There you are dude."

I don't even bother opening my eyes.

"Whats going on Santo."

"Miss Frost sent me ta find ya. She wants her team to meet with the X-Men in the War Room to explain the situation in ten minutes."

I grunt acknowledging my friend.

"But uh if yer hungry Storm and Kitty has whipped up a buttload of grub."

Before I can respond my stomach does it for me let out a huge growl.

"What the hell, I could eat."

Heading down to the kitchen we find a freakin madhouse. A large pile of sandwiches sit on the counter in the center on the room with a couple coolers full of drink nearby. Kitty and Storm are almost blurs as they help the students where they can.

"Uh Storm?"

"Call me Ororo."

"Right Ororo um do you guys have any Tylenol or somethin?"

She nods and points to the right cabinet.

"Thanks."

Making my way through the large crowd of Academy students I manage to get to the cabinet and get the pills only to turn and run into some dude with angel wings.

"Whoa uh sorry dude."

He ignores me as he grabs some food. Kitty notices him and makes her way over to him.

"Warren im so sorry about not being there to help. Hows Ali doing?"

Warren shakes his head.

"I....I don't know."

He turns his gaze to Ororo.

"Ro where the hell is Moira?"

"She called alittle while ago. Theres some major weather over her airport. Her flight was delayed."

"Dammit!"

I move over to Kitty's other side as Warren storms out of the kitchen.

"So uh what happened?"

Kitty looks at me and shakes her head.

"Your one of Frost's team right?"

I nod.

"Than you'll find out soon enough......"

Last edited:
tarantulagw5.jpg

A smile spreads across my face.

"You got it Pete."

spiderpc0.jpg

"Thanks, Tarantula. Really means alot to me..."

I looked at my clone as he smiled, and I too couldn't help but smile a bit. After all, I just became an uncle! Technically...

Damn it! Can't I do anything without being caught?

"Uhh...uh... Nothing, Logan. Nothing at all just...uh...going to the umm... Danger room! Yeah that's it, the Danger room. Going to practice a few drills, you know? The usual stuff. Nothing to be suspicious about..."

Drake you slob, he'll never buy that...

Logan grinned. This was going to be fun.

"Oh, well I'm sure you don't mind if I join you. I could use a new sparring partner."

Wolverine watched as the young mutant's heart visibly sank. Before he could formulate a reply a shout came from the doorway.

"Hope I ain't interupting nothin' boys."
Gambit called.

"What is it Cajun?" Logan growled not in the mood to deal with the arrogant young mutant for any length of time.

"We got visitors, Scott wants you to come show yo' faces."

"Shucks, looks like we'll have to raincheck Drake."
He said in mock dissapointment.

As the three mutants wander into the kitchen together they overhear a conversation between Kitty and Warren.

"I....I don't know."

"She called alittle while ago. Theres some major weather over her airport. Her flight was delayed."

"Dammit!"

Holding up his hand Logan spoke.

"Me 'n' the Kid could take the Jet to pick her up, it can handle the wheather." He said, motioning toward Iceman.

Logan grinned. This was going to be fun.

"Oh, well I'm sure you don't mind if I join you. I could use a new sparring partner."

Wolverine watched as the young mutant's heart visibly sank. Before he could formulate a reply a shout came from the doorway.

"Hope I ain't interupting nothin' boys."
Gambit called.

"What is it Cajun?" Logan growled not in the mood to deal with the arrogant young mutant for any length of time.

"We got visitors, Scott wants you to come show yo' faces."

"Shucks, looks like we'll have to raincheck Drake."
He said in mock dissapointment.

As the three mutants wander into the kitchen together they overhear a conversation between Kitty and Warren.

"I....I don't know."

"Dammit!"

Holding up his hand Logan spoke.

"Me 'n' the Kid could take the Jet to pick her up, it can handle the wheather." He said, motioning toward Iceman.
angelig2.jpg

"I thought that angel dude had left the room?"

Kitty elbows one of Frost's students in the gut while I turn my attention to Logan. Logan has been the only person besides me to stay with Ali for more than a few minutes. Hes' seen how badly shes' suffering.

"Do it...."

I turn my gaze to Bobby.

"...but no side trips"

"Warren you can't ok this. We have to run it by Scott and..."

"Scotts' alittle busy at the moment Ororo and at this point it's either they go or I go."

Last edited:
spiderpc0.jpg

"Thanks, Tarantula. Really means alot to me..."

I looked at my clone as he smiled, and I too couldn't help but smile a bit. After all, I just became an uncle! Technically...
tarantulagw5.jpg

Silence settles in the room and I take it as my exit cue.

"Well this was a hoot but I'm sure theres' a thug out there somewhere that needs to be dropped on his head."

I grab my mask off the couch and turn back to Peter and MJ.

"It was good to see ya Mary Jane. Thanks for not freaking out about my looks."

tarantulagw5.jpg

Silence settles in the room and I take it as my exit cue.

"Well this was a hoot but I'm sure theres' a thug out there somewhere that needs to be dropped on his head."

I grab my mask off the couch and turn back to Peter and MJ.

"It was good to see ya Mary Jane. Thanks for not freaking out about my looks."

spiderpc0.jpg

"It's no problem really, Tarantula... Trust me, I've seen much worse..."

She's right you know. She has. She's seen the Goblin and Venom on their bad days... And that's pretty bad.

Not to mention, minus the abundance in facial hair and pointy canines, this guy looks like me. And who would freak out at the sight of this handsome devil?

Okay, that may have come off as just a teensy-bit conceited...

"It was nice seeing you again, Tarantula. We should do this again some time..."

175913-140356-forge_thumb.JPG

JOHN SILVERCLOUD - FORGE
Starstruck - XVII

Spanning_by_DarkSlayer32.jpg

Forge and Arcade walked out onto a large, wide plastic dock behind the warehouse. Across the river was a large bridge, and traffic on it seemed heavy.

Standing on the dock was Hammerhead, one foot on Spiral's shoulder as she lied on the wood, badly beaten and bruised. "Ah, welcome kids." He motioned to the several dozen henchmen that surrounded him. "Its always a pleasure to see you fine people."

Behind them, Flint's voice rang out. "Hammerhead! This is between you and me! Leave them out of it!"

Hammerhead chuckled. "How cliche, Mr. Baker."

Flint, Sharon, and Blaze walked up behind them until they were side-by-side with Forge and Arcade. "Where is my daughter?"

He scoffed. "Still on that kick, eh?"

Flint gritted his teeth, saying nothing.

"I thought you would have figured it out by now. She's not here." He motioned to Spiral. "Besides, don't we have more pressing matters at stake here?"

Flint lunged forward in a flurry of sand, knocking Hammerhead to the hard wood. "Where is she?!"

Hammerhead chuckled as he coughed. "Such violence."

Forge ran up to Spiral, picking her up. "Are you okay?"

Spiral weakly nodded, clearly too weak to say anything.

Meanwhile, Flint formed his hand into a large mallet. "WHERE IS SHE?!"

Hammerhead began to laugh. "You kill me, pal, and you'll never find her." He stared Flint hard in the face. "How about a proposition?"

Flint stared hard into the man that had ruined his life. "You're not in a position to be making deals."

Hammerhead ignored the threat. "HYDRA wants you back, Mr. Baker. You join us, and you can see your daughter again."

Flint slammed him hard against the dock again, winding him. "**** YOU!"

Hammerhead coughed again as tried to regain his breath. "Come...on, Will! We'll leave...your little family here alone."

"We're not afraid of you."

Hammerhead scoffed. "Its not me you should be afraid of. Its HYDRA. They're everywhere, and if they come after you...you're dead. All of you."

Next to Forge, Arcade fidgeted. "You got that info yet, Forge?"

Forge quietly nodded. He popped a small compartment on his bicep open and pulled out a USB flash drive. "You owe me." He had kept a copy for himself as well. It didn't hurt to let the Kingpin know what his competitor was up to, especially if it meant taking down Hammerhead in the process.

Flint gritted his teeth, pushing his face right up against his. "You've ruined my life. Everything I could have ever held dear you have taken away from me. Everything but my family, and I am going to stick next to them long after you are at the bottom of the river."

Hammerhead smiled. "I figured you'd say that, which is why I rigged that bridge over there with explosives."

Flint's face stopped, expressionless. "What?"

"Yep, a timer. I'll turn it off when you come with us."
He smiled. "Just that simple, and if I'm right, you've got about three minutes to make the choice."

Forge knew what was going to happen, and he needed to do something. Fast. He turned to Flint. "Kick his ass." With that, he kicked on his rocket-boots and launched into the air towards the bridge. "Hermes, search the radio-waves for anything that could be used for a detonator."

"Affirmative sir, my immediate scans show seventeen frequencies attached to explosives."

Damn it. He barreled over the water to look for the explosives. "Scan for the TNT. How long do we have?"

"The nearest time says two minutes and 30 seconds."

Forge could feel a knot in his stomach as he flew through the air towards the bridge. It was full of cars at this time of day. People were on their way home from work, and an explosion could cause hundreds of deaths. "Damn it. Okay, where are the most damaging places for explosives to be placed?"

"At all supportive beams and braces. This would cause maximum damage of support, resulting in a collapse."

Forge pulled in close to the metal girders, now realizing what he was up against. There was TNT spaced all over the bridge. "Aw hell. There's no way we can get rid of it all. There's not enough time." Maybe there was. He had to try. "Is it safe to pull these off without risking detonation?"

"Yes, my scans show that it has been crudely wired only for detonation. Removal of the TNT from the wiring will render the TNT useless for demolition."

Suddenly, the voice of Zarathos came forth. "Then what are we waiting for? Let's go!"

Forge turned to see Ghost Rider begin to rip piece after piece of TNT from the bridge. Forge nodded, turning to the explosives and ripping them of violently. One by one, the TNT fell to the water below.

"Sir, you have only ninety seconds before detonation."

Forge ignored Hermes, ripping as much TNT off as he could. He couldn't let anyone get hurt because he was too afraid to move on. "Is there anyway you can send a signal to the detonator to stop it from going off?"

Hermes didn't respond for a few seconds, signifying he was working. Soon, his response came. "I'm afraid the frequency is encrypted. It would take five minutes to decode it and send the signal."

Damn it. Both Forge and Johnny pulled as much TNT as they could, moving from one piece to the next, tossing them into the river below. "Forty seconds to detonation."

Forge gritted his teeth. There weren't very many left. He could make it. He grabbed another, tossing it into the river below. "Thirty seconds."

Suddenly, he realized something he had forgotten. "Johnny, the top of the bridge!"

Johnny's voice came over the comm. "I've got 'em!" A couple seconds later, his voice came back. "Oh no. There's no way we can get them all."

Forge clenched his fists. "We have to try."

Back on the dock, the rest of the Thunderbolts were fighting off Hammerhead's henchmen, while Flint grabbed Hammerhead and smashing into the wall of the warehouse. Hammerhead stood up, knowing he couldn't fight the man made of sand. "Stop and watch the show, Will. The bridge is about ready to go."

Flint grabbed Hammerhead by the neck and thrust his hand into the man's pocket, grabbing the remote. "Nice try." He pressed the single button on the remote's face, and a red light flashed three times. On the LCD display, a simple message scrolled.

UNABLE TO DEACTIVE DEMOLITION. DETONATION ALREADY INITIATED.

[YT]Gl2srED5bwQ[/YT]

Flint looked up. "Oh no." Suddenly, an enormous fireball burst from the top of the bridge, causing cables to burst under pressure. It buckled momentarily, but it didn't fall. The explosion had not been enough to collapse the bridge. In the midst of the flames, a single stream of fire flew through the sky: the Hellcycle.

Flint turned to Hammerhead, but he was gone. Before he could find him, a helicopter was in the air flying away from them. He turned back to the sight of the burning bridge, needing to know that they were okay.

When Johnny landed on the dock, he was alone. "I told him we needed to go, but he wouldn't listen."

Spiral limped toward him. "Where is Forge?"

The flame from his face dissapated as true emotion showed behind his eyes. "I looked for him, but he was so close to the explosion."

Spiral grabbed him hard by his jacket. "WHERE IS FORGE?!" She began sobbing, throwing herself on him. Johnny wrapped his arms around her.

"He's a hero. Saved all those people on that bridge."
The entire team looked around them. They had come to this warehouse to pick a fight with someone they thought they could beat. Someone who needed justice. Someone who they knew they could defeat.

They had not found that victory today. They had lost someone. A brother. A comrade. A friend.

spiderpc0.jpg

She's right you know. She has. She's seen the Goblin and Venom on their bad days... And that's pretty bad.

Not to mention, minus the abundance in facial hair and pointy canines, this guy looks like me. And who would freak out at the sight of this handsome devil?

Okay, that may have come off as just a teensy-bit conceited...

tarantulagw5.jpg

I let out alittle laugh and look back up to MJ. It's amazing that MJ know exactly what to say to make me feel better.

"You got a point there. Thanks MJ."

A part of me wants to tell them my real name but I stop myself. It would be too easy to put two and two together and realize that the newly resurrected Anton and the recently returned Anton Rodriguez is one and the same.

"Definitely but next time we hang out at my place."

I quickly scribble my address on a scrap piece of paper and leave it on the coffee table.

"See ya around...."

I pull on my mask and head for the attic window.

tarantulagw5.jpg

I let out alittle laugh and look back up to MJ. It's amazing that MJ know exactly what to say to make me feel better.

"You got a point there. Thanks MJ."

A part of me wants to tell them my real name but I stop myself. It would be too easy to put two and two together and realize that the newly resurrected Anton and the recently returned Anton Rodriguez is one and the same.

"Definitely but next time we hang out at my place."

I quickly scribble my address on a scrap piece of paper and leave it on the coffee table.

"See ya around...."

I pull on my mask and head for the attic window.

spiderpc0.jpg

"Tarantula, wait!" I yelled out to him before he could release a web.

"What is it, Pete?"

I paused. Honestly, when I first met Tarantula, I never though I'd see the day that I would say this to him, but I think this could be the first step in accepting my duplicates as a part of my life... And with that thought, I regained my composure and continued.

"Good luck out there..."

polarisbanner.jpg

I slip away from the commotion of the kitchen. My head hurts from the long journey and the stress of the fight. Emotions are running high in both groups, whatever happened to the X-Men must have been pretty bad.

I walk down the richly decorated hallways. Wood panelling and heavy floor length curtains are everywhere, marble busts and oil paintings occasionally scattered along its length. As I get further away from the kitchen I start to feel a familiar tension against my temples, a tingle that runs from the back of my neck, down my spine and right into my fingertips. The feeling of metal, it must be the mansions infamous lower levels. Placing a hand palm flat against the wood panelled wall I feel the metal that lies beneath it. With a slight push the panel slides inwards and off to the left, opening into an elevator. The tingle is strong now and I can't resist but to climb in. The door shuts and with a barely audible whir the lift descends.

I don't expect the strange rush that flows over me when the doors open at the bottom. Until now these feeling have been familiar, but this feeling is strange. There is some kind of metal down here I've never encountered before. It's hard to describe the feeling, it's almost like when someone is baking something good and you walk past the door. The scent hits you and you are drawn in.

I follow the feeling till I come to a large metal door. It doesn't open with my approach like the other have done. I press a button on the wall and with a swishing sound it slides apart.

On the other side is some kind of high tech medical room. I stand frozen and unsure at the sight of a battered looking young woman lying in its centre, hooked up to a myriad of machines. She seems unconscious, but I can hear a quiet whimpering escaping her lips.

I approach slowly, my eyes widening at the damage done. Who could have done this to her? I scan her face, trying to recognise her, but it is so bruised and cut and swollen I would have a hard time even if I had known her.

A glint of metal catches my eyes and I gasp as I see a shard of something silver stuck in a nasty looking wound on her shoulder. This is the strange metal, the one I feel so strong. I move my hand towards the piece, hovering just above it but not touching it. I stay like that, unsure of what to do.

I jump nearly out of my skin when her hand darts up and grabs my wrist. Her tight grips hurts me, but I know not to try and pull away, just staying frozen. Her eyes are wild, her stare boreing into my own gaze, and she seems almost to snarl at me. Her grip is released when she winces in pain, distracted from her anger at me. She looks up at me now with pleading eyes.

"Take it out of me, please take it out..."

dazzlernewbanner.jpg

I pass in and out of darkness. Light stings my eyes, bare metal walls squeeze in on me. Theres needles in my skin I feel I can't move I'm stuck...

*Swish*

The doors are open, someones coming. Unfamilliar scent. Pain rushes in me as I feel the shards of metal inside me tug a little. I can't repress the pitiful whimper that escapes.

She stands over me, reaching as if to touch. Don't touch. I grab her wrist, the exertion of movement sending pain down my arm but I grip tight. I keep a hold of her, we look into each others eyes and I wonder what she sees. I have to let go as the metal tugs again, sending waves of pain. The tug... she's a magnetic. My head clears a little from the daze I have been in and I come to a realisation.

"Take it out of me, please take it out..."

She looks frightened and uncertain.

"I...I don't want to hurt you..."

Hellion.jpg

Ororo and Warren continue to argue.

"But Warren we can't just use the jet just to pick up Moira. What if whatever attacked the Academy attacks here while they're gone? We'd be screwed!"

Warren stubbornly shakes his head.

"Than we fight it off! You haven't spent every waking second with Ali like I have. Shes' in so much pain that she doesn't even know where she is! I don't care what I have to do but I'm getting her help now!"

The room has gotten silent and every pair of eyes are on Storm and Angel. Out of the corner of my eye I spot movement. I turn just in time to spot a glimpse of green hair disappear around the corner.

Hmm Lorna hasn't really talked much sense we got here. Shes' been so busy helping the X-men get the Academy students settled. Maybe she coule use someone to talk to. Besides it gives me a chance to hang out with her without Alex butting in.

I sneak out of the kitchen easily the argument continues. Wandering through the tv room I find myself in the hall with the front door to my right and the staircase leading up to the second floor on my left.

Huh, where'd she go?

Look along the side of the staircase I see that a part of the wall is gone and a small green button sits within.

Hmm

Without hesitating and stroll over to it and press it. With a loud swoosh the wall beside the button opens revealing an elevator.

Whoa.....cool.

I walk in and the elevator starts to descend automatically. Seconds later the elevator doors open. My mouth drops open as I look down the long metal hallway dotted with doors on either side.

Definitely cool.

A loud gasp cuts me from my thoughts and brings to my attention to the fourth door on the left, the only door thats open.

"Lorna?"

Without giving it a second thought I move down the hallway and stop at the open door. I move my gaze from the visibly injured woman on the gurney to Lorna standing over her.

"Holy crap. What happened to her?"

ult.icemanbanner.bmp

Warren stubbornly shakes his head.

"Than we fight it off! You haven't spent every waking second with Ali like I have. Shes' in so much pain that she doesn't even know where she is! I don't care what I have to do but I'm getting her help now!"

I looked at Logan after Warren had said his final statement on the matter. Kinda funny how I planned on hijacking the jet to see MacTaggert, and yet, a simpler, less illegal oppurtunity just presented itself... I guess it's that ol' Drake luck...

I'm so the man...

"You heard him, Logan. Let's go fetch us a doctor..."

spiderpc0.jpg

"Tarantula, wait!" I yelled out to him before he could release a web.

"What is it, Pete?"

I paused. Honestly, when I first met Tarantula, I never though I'd see the day that I would say this to him, but I think this could be the first step in accepting my duplicates as a part of my life... And with that thought, I regained my composure and continued.

"Good luck out there..."
tarantulagw5.jpg

[YT]3nJW93ZK3K8[/YT]

I nod my head and grin.

"You to...."

I climb out the attic window and fire a webline.

"Oh and Pete."

I turn back and look at Pete and MJ.

"Take care of our family...."

With that I let go of the window sil and let gravity take me into a small tight arc. As I swing I continue to argue with myself over the whole complete unmasking to Pete and MJ. I mean my head is telling me not to do it, that it would scream up the fragile bond that is just starting to form. Though another part of me is saying that I should do it and let me be judged accordingly.

sigh I'm so conflicted. Oh on am I becoming *gasp* emo Tarantula?

I'm so lost in my thoughts that I fail to notice the dull whine of a far away engine steadily getting louder.

"AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

My spider sense goes off like a bomb. My instincts take over causing me to let go of the webline and twist in the air narrowly avoiding a set of razor sharp blades.

"WAAAAEEEIIIIIIIIIEEEE!"

Gaining control I right myself and land gently ontop of a two story building not far from the school.

"Oh my god did I just scream like a girl? Man that is gonna totally ruin my street cred......"

I trail off when I catch sight of my attacker.

Whoa someone needs to tell him that Halloween is come and past. And is he riding a........glider?"

511688-menace5_super-edited.jpg

ALEX SUMMERS - HAVOK
Hellions - XVI

Alex
and Scott sat on the front lawn of the mansion. They students had all been assigned rooms, and the majority of them were now resting. It had been a long night, and Alex hadn't slept yet. He couldn't sleep though, even if he wanted to. His mind was racing. "Thanks again for bringing us in. We...didn't have anywhere else to go."

Scott nodded, his ruby glasses shimmering as he turned his gaze to the front lawn. "No problem."

"Scott...what happened to you guys? Everyone around here is acting like..."
He let his words trail off.

Scott sighed. "We were targeted and attacked by President Nathan Winters, the President of Rumekistan. He nearly killed us--not for lack of trying--and did worse to Ali. We're all a bit shaken up still." He stopped for a moment. "He claimed to be mine and Jean's son."

Alex raised his eyebrow. "What?"

Scott shook it off. "Needless to say, Warren is shaken up. Not to mention the fact that the Professor has gone crazy, and Kurt is still missing too."

Alex realized how lucky they were to have escaped with their lives. "Dude, I'm sorry. If I..."

"Don't worry about it. Its nice to have you around." He stopped for a moment. "I'm sorry if we ever had...you know... We're brothers and I havn't always..."

Alex patted his brother on the shoulder. "Don't worry about it. I was the one who was a punk anyway...I'm sorry too."

Scott stood up after a moment. "We better update everybody. Knowing Xavier, he won't be gone for long." Alex stood up, nodding. "Meet me in the war room in ten minutes. Tell Emma and your team."

Alex nodded. "Got it."

tarantulagw5.jpg

[YT]3nJW93ZK3K8[/YT]

I nod my head and grin.

"You to...."

I climb out the attic window and fire a webline.

"Oh and Pete."

I turn back and look at Pete and MJ.

"Take care of our family...."

With that I let go of the window sil and let gravity take me into a small tight arc. As I swing I continue to argue with myself over the whole complete unmasking to Pete and MJ. I mean my head is telling me not to do it, that it would scream up the fragile bond that is just starting to form. Though another part of me is saying that I should do it and let me be judged accordingly.

sigh I'm so conflicted. Oh on am I becoming *gasp* emo Tarantula?

I'm so lost in my thoughts that I fail to notice the dull whine of a far away engine steadily getting louder.

"AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

My spider sense goes off like a bomb. My instincts take over causing me to let go of the webline and twist in the air narrowly avoiding a set of razor sharp blades.

"WAAAAEEEIIIIIIIIIEEEE!"

Gaining control I right myself and land gently ontop of a two story building not far from the school.

"Oh my god did I just scream like a girl? Man that is gonna totally ruin my street cred......"

I trail off when I catch sight of my attacker.

Whoa someone needs to tell him that Halloween is come and past. And is he riding a........glider?"

511688-menace5_super-edited.jpg
tarantulagw5.jpg

"Well hello little Tarantula."

This is new I never had a villain greet me before trying to kill me.

"Uh hey mini goblin. Let me guess you're gonna kill me now."

With a maniacal laugh he charges.

"Whoa!"

I spring into the air and land on the wing of this creeps glider.

"Personal space dude, just invaded it. My turn!"

I cock back my rights arms and land hits to the side of his head, his shoulder, and his side.

"Yeow!"

Holy crap what the hell is this guy made of concrete? I think I broke atleast one hand.

The now familiar high pitched laughter fills my ears as he glares at me.

"Was that it? Pathetic."

My spider sense goes off but it doesn't help as the goon extends a hand and fires a red gas into my face.

"AHH!"

My eyes tear up and my face feels like it's on fire.

"Hey freak personal space!"

His fist connects with my jaw sending me flying off his glider.

"AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

I smash into a heap on the pavement. The sounds of squealing tires and blaring horns fills my ears.

"Hey who you calling a.....ugh....freak you uh freak!"

Bad comeback I know but bite me I'm in pain.

The whining of the glider fills my ears again.

"I must say Tarantula I'm very disappointed. I figured you'd put up more of a fight than this."

"Didn't you hear? I require atleast three days notice before being jumped. Next time make an appointment."

The creep's blurry figure blocks out the sun as he hovers over me.

"Hmph trust me there won't be a next time...."

A blinding flash fills my vision and the blurred figure is gone. I scramble to my feet and see a group of six soldiers surround me taking aim at the creep as he pulls himself out of the wall he was blown into.

"Back off you piece of ****!"

Turning around quickly I spot the source of the voice.

94029-49356-nick-fury.jpg

Oh my god. I can't believe I've finally seen the day that I'm happy to see the patched one!

"I'm not telling you again. Back off or I give the order to splatter you all over this street!"

The goblin glares at Fury.

"Fine Fury take the kid. It's only a matter of time!"

He presses a button on his gauntlet his glider roars back to life. Within an instant he's back on the glider and fading into the distance.

"You alright kid?"

"I don't know. What the hell was that?!"

"Not here. You'll be briefed back at base."

"Yay."

Last edited:
tarantulagw5.jpg

"Well hello little Tarantula."

This is new I never had a villain greet me before trying to kill me.

"Uh hey mini goblin. Let me guess you're gonna kill me now."

With a maniacal laugh he charges.

"Whoa!"

I spring into the air and land on the wing of this creeps glider.

"Personal space dude, just invaded it. My turn!"

I cock back my rights arms and land hits to the side of his head, his shoulder, and his side.

"Yeow!"

Holy crap what the hell is this guy made of concrete? I think I broke atleast one hand.

The now familiar high pitched laughter fills my ears as he glares at me.

"Was that it? Pathetic."

My spider sense goes off but it doesn't help as the goon extends a hand and fires a red gas into my face.

"AHH!"

My eyes tear up and my face feels like it's on fire.

"Hey freak personal space!"

His fist connects with my jaw sending me flying off his glider.

"AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

I smash into a heap on the pavement. The sounds of squealing tires and blaring horns fills my ears.

"Hey who you calling a.....ugh....freak you uh freak!"

Bad comeback I know but bite me I'm in pain.

The whining of the glider fills my ears again.

"I must say Tarantula I'm very disappointed. I figured you'd put up more of a fight than this."

"Didn't you hear? I require atleast three days notice before being jumped. Next time make an appointment."

The creep's blurry figure blocks out the sun as he hovers over me.

"Hmph trust me there won't be a next time...."

A blinding flash fills my vision and the blurred figure is gone. I scramble to my feet and see a group of six soldiers surround me taking aim at the creep as he pulls himself out of the wall he was blown into.

"Back off you piece of ****!"

Turning around quickly I spot the source of the voice.

94029-49356-nick-fury.jpg

Oh my god. I can't believe I've finally seen the day that I'm happy to see the patched one!

"I'm not telling you again. Back off or I give the order to splatter you all over this street!"

The goblin glares at Fury.

"Fine Fury take the kid. It's only a matter of time!"

He presses a button on his gauntlet his glider roars back to life. Within an instant he's back on the glider and fading into the distance.

"You alright kid?"

"I don't know. What the hell was that?!"

"Not here. You'll be briefed back at base."

"Yay."
tarantulagw5.jpg

My mask lays forgotten at my side as a SHIELD medic continues to pour water into my eyes trying to clean out whatever that creep sprayed me with. Finally satisfied the medic takes his leave leaving me alone in Fury's office. Several minutes tick by until Fury finally enters.

"How ya feelin kid?"

"Like I just went ten rounds with the world's ugliest Osborn impersonater."

"Good, I want you crazing a fight."

"Who the hell was that? Harry Osborn?"

"It was Agent Woo."

What?!

"James! How.....how did it happen?"

Fury takes a seat behind his desk.

"Kid what I'm about to tell you is one hundred percent top secret."

"Your finally getting rid of the patch and getting a glass eye?"

Fury glares at me like he'd love nothing more than to shoot me than and there.

"Will you shut your ****ing mouth for one second and think! If he attacked you in broad daylight like that whats stopping him from attacking Pete and MJ? Or Jessica and little May? Hell for all we know your entire family could very well be on his hit list!"

Needless to say that got my attention.

"Alright Fury, you got my attention."

Fury pulls a small remote from his desk continues.

"Have you ever heard of a little thing called Project Pegasus?"

Is he really serious?

"Sure I have but hasn't SHIELD denied it's existence?"

"Ofcourse...."

He hit a button on the remote and the large window behind him shimmers and the wonderful view of New York disappears and is replaced with a view of a mountain.

"...but we're really good liars."

Hitting another button the picture zooms in on the base of the mountain revealing a small heliport leading to a large metal door.

"This is Project Pegasus. Located in Devil's Point, Wyoming this compound holds everything SHIELD does not want the public to know about. It's inventory varies from the paranormal, the extraterrestrial, to the pure unbelievable."

"Thats cool and everything but what does this have to do with James?"

"Not long ago Agent Woo was assigned to transport an experimental version of the OZ compound to Wyoming for storage...."

Pressing another button the screen changes to security footage from inside the compound. Among the pile of pixelated items I spot James and a small group of agents escorting a large vial of what I'm guessing is the OZ compound.

"This is where it goes all to hell...."

The screen suddenly shakes and the vial cracks enveloping James in green smoke.

"Wait hold on."

Fury pauses the security footage and turns his attention to me.

"Whats with the gas? The OZ has always come in liquid form."

"Yes but my scientists have found that the compound becomes more potent when converted to a gaseous state."

"Greaaaaaat."

"Now I don't know what caused the compound to start shaking like it did or why the vial cracked but I do have agents investigating it."

The footage starts playing again and James stumbles out of the green fog. His features mutating and changing. Letting out a creepy giggle he lashes out killing the other agents savagely. The footage goes to static and Fury hits another button turning the screen back into a window.

"After that he stole an experimental flying platform from the compound aswell as a small arsenal of experimental weaponry from the compound armory."

I don't say anything for several seconds completely overwhelmed by everything I just heard.

"What are you asking of me?"

"I want you to assemble a team to capture Agent Woo."

"What?! Why me? Why don't you sick the Ultimates on him?"

"Because SHIELD cannot be implicated into this. My scientists predict that Woo still has his intelligence, his sanity on the other hand is completely non existant. That combined with what he knows will destroy SHIELD effectively removing the one thing keeping the world from destroying itself. He is a threat, a menace to SHIELD and must be contained."

Panic washes over me as this pressure settles onto my shoulders. Before I know it I'm on my feet shaking my head.

"I can't do this Fury. How can you expect me to lead a team when I can barely take care of myself inna fight! Im no Captain America!"

"May I remind you that you are still a reserve SHIELD agent, as far as I'm concerned your SHIELD property. Expected to be ready when I call upon you. Now you will do what I say or I'll drop your ass into a cell so secret you'll never ****ING SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY AGAIN!"

Fury is on his feet glaring at me.

"Understood?"

I try and speak but my voice won't come. I finally give up and simply nod.

"Good."

Fury pulls a large pile of folders from his desk and sets them infront of me.

"SHIELDs' been accumulating a database of all the supers (mutant or otherwise) that decide to show their face. Heres a list of potential members. These people were handpicked cause their abilities will be most effective when combined with yours. I want a team assembled within three days."

"What....what about my family?"

"I have agents observing their every move. If Woo attacks you'll be the first to know. Now get to work."

Last edited:

JOHN SILVERCLOUD - FORGE
Starstruck - Epilogue

Ten Hours Ago...Forge's head felt like a bunch of rocks filled with cotton. He opened his eyes, desperately trying to find something to focus on. "Whuh..."

A voice came from the fog, sounding distant. "Someone get the General. Tell him he's awake."

Forge tried to sit up, but pain shot through his back. "Aaagh!"

The nurse nearby walked calmly up to him. "Easy there, Forge. You took a significant amount of damage."

"Ugh...what happened?"

"You're a hero. Saved over a hundred people on that bridge. One of our field agents found you and we brought you back here to the Triskelion on the next government flight."

Forge suddenly remembered it all. Hammerhead. The explosives. The Thunderbolts. "Oh man...hows the team?" He focused on the nurse, her features clarifying just in time to see her expression. "They're okay...right?"

The nurse forced a smile. "They're fine. They...think you're dead, however."

He immediately thought of Spiral. "Well, I'm not! I need to get a hold of them right away."

Suddenly, a voice came into the room. "Not that simple, kid."

Forge turned to see General Fury standing in the doorway of his room. He stopped for a moment before speaking, clearly confused. "Uh...whats not simple about it?"

Fury motioned the nurse to leave the room, who did so. He then closed the blinds and locked the door. "What the hell were you thinking, kid?"

"I..."

"You were my in for that team! Without you, the Thunderbolts are free to do whatever they want!"

"Then let me go back to them!"

Fury shook his head. "No. You're more use to me as a martyr than as a mole."

Forge looked at him. "What?"

"They're holding a public memorial for you in Los Angelas this week. The Thunderbolts are being given the key to the city, and you are to be given the Silver Star, the third highest ranking medal in the military, posthumus. With them in the spotlight they'll need to behave or the press will be all over them. They are inherently the biggest P.R. nightmare in history."

"Silver Star..."

"The Thunderbolts are huge now, thanks to your little stunt, and now I have no chance to take them out like I had planned."

Wait...was he getting mad at Forge because he saved all those people? "What the hell is your problem, Fury?! I saved those people! What would you have me do, let them die?"

Fury glared hard at Forge. "If it means locking that disfunctional group of renegades up, I'd consider it."

Forge rolled his eyes. "You're unbelievable."

Fury walked up to Forge's bedside and pointed a long finger at his chest. "It won't be long before those ruffians cause another catastrophe, and when they do, I'll be all over them."
He pulled back, straightening his jacket. "In the meantime, you should get some rest. You might have a visitor later."

Forge looked at him. "A visitor?" Fury walked out of the room without another word. Forge shook his head. "Dickweed."

Present...

A knock came to the door of his room. "Uh...come in."

The door opened and a six armed young man walked into the room. His face and arms were covered in thick fur. "Forge?"

Forge sat up. "Yeah, that's me."

"Hi. Um...my name is Anton, and General Fury gave me your name for a special project. I was wondering if you had a few minutes."

Forge sighed. "Already signing me up for something new, eh One-Eye?" He rubbed his forehead with his robotic arm. "Alright, lets hear it."

JOHN SILVERCLOUD - FORGE
Starstruck - Epilogue

Ten Hours Ago...Forge's head felt like a bunch of rocks filled with cotton. He opened his eyes, desperately trying to find something to focus on. "Whuh..."

A voice came from the fog, sounding distant. "Someone get the General. Tell him he's awake."

Forge tried to sit up, but pain shot through his back. "Aaagh!"

The nurse nearby walked calmly up to him. "Easy there, Forge. You took a significant amount of damage."

"Ugh...what happened?"

"You're a hero. Saved over a hundred people on that bridge. One of our field agents found you and we brought you back here to the Triskelion on the next government flight."

Forge suddenly remembered it all. Hammerhead. The explosives. The Thunderbolts. "Oh man...hows the team?" He focused on the nurse, her features clarifying just in time to see her expression. "They're okay...right?"

The nurse forced a smile. "They're fine. They...think you're dead, however."

He immediately thought of Spiral. "Well, I'm not! I need to get a hold of them right away."

Suddenly, a voice came into the room. "Not that simple, kid."

Forge turned to see General Fury standing in the doorway of his room. He stopped for a moment before speaking, clearly confused. "Uh...whats not simple about it?"

Fury motioned the nurse to leave the room, who did so. He then closed the blinds and locked the door. "What the hell were you thinking, kid?"

"I..."

"You were my in for that team! Without you, the Thunderbolts are free to do whatever they want!"

"Then let me go back to them!"

Fury shook his head. "No. You're more use to me as a martyr than as a mole."

Forge looked at him. "What?"

"They're holding a public memorial for you in Los Angelas this week. The Thunderbolts are being given the key to the city, and you are to be given the Silver Star, the third highest ranking medal in the military, posthumus. With them in the spotlight they'll need to behave or the press will be all over them. They are inherently the biggest P.R. nightmare in history."

"Silver Star..."

"The Thunderbolts are huge now, thanks to your little stunt, and now I have no chance to take them out like I had planned."

Wait...was he getting mad at Forge because he saved all those people? "What the hell is your problem, Fury?! I saved those people! What would you have me do, let them die?"

Fury glared hard at Forge. "If it means locking that disfunctional group of renegades up, I'd consider it."

Forge rolled his eyes. "You're unbelievable."

Fury walked up to Forge's bedside and pointed a long finger at his chest. "It won't be long before those ruffians cause another catastrophe, and when they do, I'll be all over them."
He pulled back, straightening his jacket. "In the meantime, you should get some rest. You might have a visitor later."

Forge looked at him. "A visitor?" Fury walked out of the room without another word. Forge shook his head. "Dickweed."

Present...

A knock came to the door of his room. "Uh...come in."

The door opened and a six armed young man walked into the room. His face and arms were covered in thick fur. "Forge?"

Forge sat up. "Yeah, that's me."

"Hi. Um...my name is Anton, and General Fury gave me your name for a special project. I was wondering if you had a few minutes."

Forge sighed. "Already signing me up for something new, eh One-Eye?" He rubbed his forehead with his robotic arm. "Alright, lets hear it."
tarantulagw5.jpg

I stay silent for a second as I look at the figure sitting in the bed. It's funny, not long ago I would be dropping a guy like this on his head. Now im going to him asking for help.

"Well a excuse me a sec...."

I jump into the air and stick to the ceiling than lower myself down by a web.

"Sorry but I thinking better on my head."

The look on Forge's face pretty much tells me hes' not in a joking mood.

Ooook here goes....

I clear my thought and try and make my voice sound like Fury's.

"Ok what I'm about to tell you is one hundred percent top secret and..."

"Kid."

"Yeah?"

"How old are you?"

"Oh uh......sixteen."

"Figures. You know who I am?"

"Kinda."

"Then I suggest you shut up and get down to business before I shoot you with my leg."

I look down at his robotic leg than back to his face.

"It can do that?"

Forge raises an eyebrow.

"Ok ok heres whats goin down....."

JOHN SILVERCLOUD - FORGE
Starstruck - Epilogue Cont...

Forge couldn't believe this. He had just gone through an explosion and already Fury was signing him up for some babysitting job. It was a strange position for him to be in, since in the Thunderbolts, Forge had been the one who was the "kid," and now he was staring a 16-year-old kid in the face who looked like he was barely through having his voice change.

Of course, he wasn't really all that hostile toward the kid himself. He was mad at Fury for not letting him get back to the Thunderbolts. Back to Spiral. He sighed, listening to what the kid had to say. "Ok ok heres whats goin down: a SHIELD agent named Agent Woo was exposed to Norman Osborn's OZ formula, has just gone AWOL, killed a bunch of people, and is now flying around New York City on a stolen piece of SHIELD equipment."

Forge looked at him, still not convinced. "And you need me because..."

Anton sighed. "Fury wants me to put together a team to take him down, off the map and away from SHIELD."

Wait...away from SHIELD? Forge sat up, suddenly more interested. "Away from SHIELD as in we aren't bunkmates with Captain America, or like...we don't have to report to him?"

Anton shook his head. "He doesn't want us affiliated with SHIELD at all. We'd be on our own."

Forge stifled a smile. "You obviously don't know Fury like I do, kid. He's got his hand in everything." He paused for a second. "Why me?"

Kurt finished strapping Dr. Cassidy to the metal cot in the lab. His skin was burning and he needed Banshee. Now. He turned around to the glass cases full of vials. "Ah, Doctor, it seems all I need is right here." He opened the doors and grabbed a glass vial.

0.1% Mutant Growth Hormone

He smiled, looking now for a needle to inject himself with. He opened a drawer and found one. He removed the plastic wrapping and began filling it.

Suddenly, the door opened. "Doctor Cassidy? I was just wondering..."

Kurt turned, the hunger for Banshee in his eyes. "Get out."

The man saw the restrained Cassidy and ran out of the room. Within seconds, an alarm began blaring.

Kurt shook his head. "Foolish primate." He injected the needle into his arm, and immediately felt a rush of power into his body again. "Die Macht..." He fell to the ground, his body realing as the Banshee once more filled his body.

Meanwhile, half a dozen men ran into the room, and upon seeing Dr. Cassidy tied to the cot armed their rifiles and aimed at Kurt. "Don't move! What the hell are you doing?"

Kurt chuckled, his eyes glowing red as he turned to them, the Banshee now coarsing through his body in full force once again.

79912-60700-nightcrawler_super.jpg

"You dare talk down to a god like me?" With that, Kurt lunged at the men, smashing into them before teleporting the entire group out of the building.

446589-nightcrawler_ultimate_33_super.jpg

Kurt smiled as he locked up a suitcase full of Banshee. "Thanks for the supplies, Doc." He turned to Dr. Cassidy and smiled. All around him were dead guards; more would be there soon. "Now, to put you somewhere zat you won't make any trouble for me." He grabbed the doctor and thought of a large cave overlooking the Grand Canyon. In a puff of purple smoke, they in the cave, and Kurt threw Dr. Cassidy on the ground. "Stay here. Don't leave. I'll bring you food and water. Do as I say, and you'll survive."

Cassidy fumbled back to Kurt for a moment. "Please, no! I have a family!"

Kurt kicked him hard in the nose, spraying blood all over his shirt. "Get back, human!"

He then, still clenching the suitcase in his hand, thought of his room in the mansion. In a puff of smoke, he appeared in his room. He quickly stuffed the suitcase under his bed, then walked down the hall. Something was different here. He walked into the kitchen where several students were gathered, some he recognized, some he did not. "Uh, guys? Vat is going on?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"