The Winter Soldier Robert Redford offically joins Cap:TWS

Q: You have any scenes with Robert Redford?

Evans: Yeah, it was great. I was so nervous the first day. Within the first few minutes I was like, thank God. He's the nicest guy in the world. And it's not like he can't direct. He could have easily come on board and made it his set. He just didn't do that. He has immense respect. We shot like a 15-hour day, the Russos love their coverage, and he had minimal lines. And he could have left and [let someone else read the lines]. But he didn't do it, he stuck around and did off-camera for me. He's just classy. He classes up the whole project.

http://www.superherohype.com/featur...e-winter-soldier-new-photos-released#/slide/1
I totally Agree with Evans on this.

In the behind the scenes video they said that Alexander Pierce was
the former head of SHIELD and recruited Fury into the organization

If
Piece Is a Hydra sleeper agent they must have inflirted Shield for years

If
Piece Is a Hydra sleeper agent they must have inflirted Shield for years

I'd think so.

This would indicate that modern HYDRA isn't some relatively new revivalist group, but rather that HYDRA went underground after WWII but still remained together.

Plus, the BTS says unequivocally that Winter Soldier is a product of HYDRA, so they've probably been active but underground since WWII.

Or....
someone is controlling or manipulating Pierce now, which causes the Hydra infiltration....

I'm actually kind of surprised they were able to interview Redford for that BTS footage. He's notoriously prickly with press. That, and he sounds pretty interested/happy with the product he's involved with.

I'm getting such good vibes on this project, though. I can't help it.

I'm actually kind of surprised they were able to interview Redford for that BTS footage. He's notoriously prickly with press. That, and he sounds pretty interested/happy with the product he's involved with.

I'm getting such good vibes on this project, though. I can't help it.

Link to video?

Do we know how big his part was in this movie?

I do hope that it's more than just some five minutes role with only a few lines of dialoques

HoSlYHi.jpg

Dammit I cant believe some of you read the spoilers

Aren't you afraid to ruin the whole movie experience for yourselves ?

Dammit I cant believe some of you read the spoilers

Aren't you afraid to ruin the whole movie experience for yourselves ?

I haven't read any major spoilers yet, but with the movie still 2 months away it's hard not to find out everything I can about this movie. I've also been watching the latest trailer at least once a day.

I haven't read any major spoilers yet, but with the movie still 2 months away it's hard not to find out everything I can about this movie. I've also been watching the latest trailer at least once a day.

Pfft! I watch it at least 10 times a day.

N00b.

Anybody else heard about this?

According to Unleash the Fanboy's source, Robert Redford's character Alexander Pierce is actually a Red Skull possessed Aleksander Lukin. Robert Redford revealed that he was playing a villain.

BACK STORY:

Born in the Soviet village of Kronas some time in the late 1930s, Lukin's village is used by the Red Skull as a base of operations during the Second World War. Soviet troops attempt to retake the town, assisted by the Western Allies' superhero team the Invaders (including Captain America and Bucky). Lukin's mother is killed in the course of the battle. The leader of the Soviet forces, Vasily Karpov, takes the orphaned Lukin under his wing.

In the ensuing decades, Lukin became an important figure in the Soviet military and the KGB, rising to the rank of general. When his mentor, Karpov, passes away, Lukin is left in custody of a large cache of special projects developed over the decades, including the Winter Soldier. He sells some of these devices to the highest bidders to raise funds. In one instance, he sells weapons to the Red Skull himself, but refuses to part with the Winter Soldier for anything less than the reality-altering Cosmic Cube (which the Skull was not in possession of, and would not give up in any case).

Five years after that meeting, the Skull finally recovers the Cube, only to be assassinated by the Winter Soldier on Lukin's orders. However, before he dies, the Skull used the Cube to transfer his mind into Lukin's body, leaving the two men stuck together "like rats in a cage."

Lukin uses the cube to enrich the Kronas Corporation, his legitimate business front. Unfortunately, in a fit of rage, the Cube harms one of Lukin's friends. Lukin has the cube sent away. The Winter Soldier destroys the Cube and regains the memory of his former life as Bucky. Since then, Lukin and the Skull have worked uneasily together against their common foe, Captain America, even as the Skull wages a campaign for control of Lukin's body (Lukin vows to kill himself before allowing that to happen).

Upon the discovery of Lukin's connection with the Skull by the Winter Soldier, the Skull and Lukin fake his death, and continue to operate from the shadows. The pair contrive to abduct Sharon Carter, attaching her to a machine that performed an unknown event, later revealed to be bringing back Captain America from his fixed point of space and time. Carter rebels, however, and destroys the machine. In a last-ditch maneuver, Arnim Zola transfers the Skull's consciousness into one of his robots. Lukin is free at last, but only for a few seconds, before being gunned down by Carter.

Redford's latest film All is Lost is out, and it's excellent. If you're a fan then you've probably already seen it. And if you aren't, you should see it anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"