The Avengers Roll of the Pyms in Avengers

I think its important to note that certain actors may have signed on for a tonne of movies. But that doesn't mean those movies have to have them in.

I think they should introduce them in the first one, as well as something quick about at least his abilities. They could be on the west coast with war machine or something. He is redundant, and we still don't know what his exact relationship with stark will be at the end of Iron Man 2. You establish them, but don't have them fight along side the rest. Then you can work the lang angle taking place after the first avengers film and have Pym go to Yellowjacket by the end of the solo movie.

People saying that they don't want the Pyms in the Avengers would be like saying they didn't want Merry, Pippin or Boromir in The Lord of the Rings because nine characters were unmanageable.

Like I've said before, make Hank a competent hero and brilliant scientist (Tony Stark's peer). Leave all that Ultimates wife beating crap out forever. Dealing with anxiety is fine but sending him over the top or making him out to be an a-hole like the Ultimate Avengers animated film did is wrong and a bad idea. It doesn't add depth to anything and comes across as a cheap ploy for bad writers. One thing Joss isn't is a bad writer that needs ploys. Give Hank and Jan solid time but keep the cheap emotions out of it. NO domestic troubles please.

I'd rather have War Machine not be in the film at all. I don't mind an appearance by Cheadle as Rhodey but above all he ain't a core member of the Avengers. I like that idea with Hawkeye guarding the Pyms idea in South America too. I really hope they don't get ruled out. True they don't need to be big name actors. I mean Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston aren't big names either anyway.

I think Pym should be a strong and possibly well-known actor who can headline his own franchise with Ant Man, even though Scott Lang may end up the main character. That's the difference between the Avengers and the X-Men movies. It's more of an all-star team and so many (but not all) should be able to have a solo movie. Hawkeye should be equally strong as an actor (in case we ever wanted The West Coast Avengers: btw I hope these Avengers aren't based on the west coast since Stark lives out there, otherwise that would do away with the possibility of the WCA in future).

Yeah I bet they met to make sure there was cohesive connection between Ant Man and Avengers. Whedon probably doesn't want to impede on anything Edgar Wright has planned. At least I hope he wouldn't.

I spelled Role wrong...Oh, well. It was after a 9 hour shift at work.

I think Pym should be a strong and possibly well-known actor who can headline his own franchise with Ant Man, even though Scott Lang may end up the main character. That's the difference between the Avengers and the X-Men movies. It's more of an all-star team and so many (but not all) should be able to have a solo movie. Hawkeye should be equally strong as an actor (in case we ever wanted The West Coast Avengers: btw I hope these Avengers aren't based on the west coast since Stark lives out there, otherwise that would do away with the possibility of the WCA in future).

Another well-known actor to add to the list of RDJ, Jackson, Norton, Evans, Cheadle, Johannson, and eventually Hemsworth? I just don't see it happening financially. If the Pyms make it into the script, it's going to be as secondary non-focal point characters.

The movie is going to tread into dangerous X-men style territory if it doesn't properly manage the amount of characters.

Another well-known actor to add to the list of RDJ, Jackson, Norton, Evans, Cheadle, Johannson, and eventually Hemsworth? I just don't see it happening financially. If the Pyms make it into the script, it's going to be as secondary non-focal point characters.

The movie is going to tread into dangerous X-men style territory if it doesn't properly manage the amount of characters.

But since Edgar Wright is planning an Ant Man movie with both Henry Pym and Scott Lang as the main characters, the actor who plays Pym needs to be fairly known. He can't be a non-entity since it would probably set up the later Ant Man movie and there needs to be some continuity. It's not like in X-men where you had unknowns for characters like Colossus who was never going to have his own movie.

I am really curious to see where Edgar Wright goes with Hank Pym casting. He should absolutely have say in the casting. He along with Favreau were the first directors attached at Marvel Studios. It'd be a real shame for him not to get to do his Ant-Man. He's waited a while!

I don't think it'll go into X3 territory, simply because X3 had to do a lot of mutant characters and chose ones from the comics. I also don't think Black Widow or War Machine will be significant, simply because why should they replace two founding members? They aren't bigger names in terms of non fanboy knowledge so the choice doesn't make sense.

I don't think it'll go into X3 territory, simply because X3 had to do a lot of mutant characters and chose ones from the comics. I also don't think Black Widow or War Machine will be significant, simply because why should they replace two founding members? They aren't bigger names in terms of non fanboy knowledge so the choice doesn't make sense.

I think they should introduce them in the first one, as well as something quick about at least his abilities. They could be on the west coast with war machine or something. He is redundant, and we still don't know what his exact relationship with stark will be at the end of Iron Man 2. You establish them, but don't have them fight along side the rest. Then you can work the lang angle taking place after the first avengers film and have Pym go to Yellowjacket by the end of the solo movie.

I love this idea. Give Antman to Lang and have Hank be Yellowjacket in future Avengers films. I'd bust a nut to see Yellowjacket done right on the silver screen. A live action YJ means I can die happy. I loved the look of that character growing up!

In The Avengers, Hank and Janet are introduced as SHIELD tech support. They are working on Pym Particles, which turn out to be vital for the Avengers to achieve victory against Loki and the Abomination. The movie ends with them being called by Nick Fury to use Pym Particles in the creation of a new superpowered SHIELD operative. There are also subtle nods to Ant-Man (Hank is seen building the helmet in his introductory scene) and Ultron (Bruce Banner, with whom Hank and Janet become good friends with, notes a folder with ''Project U.L.T.R.O.N.'' labeled on it on Hank's desk and asks what it is, but Hank says it's nothing and quickly hides it).

If Hank gets called to Nick Fury to create a new SHIELD agent using Pym Particles, then that means no Giant Man, no Ant Man; just a bunch of the GiantMen that were whipped up in Ultimates.

Giant Man needs to be an accidental creation due to an unforeseen side effect of exposure to naturally occurring Pym Particles discovered by Hank (see my plot description back a page or so for details). Size changing after that is only on inorganic objects, and by synthetic Pym Particles created by Hank in an attempt to reproduce what happened to him.

If Hank gets called to Nick Fury to create a new SHIELD agent using Pym Particles, then that means no Giant Man, no Ant Man; just a bunch of the GiantMen that were whipped up in Ultimates.

Giant Man needs to be an accidental creation due to an unforeseen side effect of exposure to naturally occurring Pym Particles discovered by Hank (see my plot description back a page or so for details). Size changing after that is only on inorganic objects, and by synthetic Pym Particles created by Hank in an attempt to reproduce what happened to him.

They should be full fledged members, IMO. I understand the concern about too many characters, but Avengers will benefit from the fact that five members of the team will have already been estabhlished in the previous films.

And Fury and Widow are secondary, or even tertiary characters in Iron Man. War Machine, in my opinion, shouldn't actually be in Avengers. But even if he is, he is also a secondary Iron Man character. I think the level of exposure and development of these already secondary characters should remain at that level. No need for any extra focus on them in the ensemble film. And the only focus on the big three in the ensemble should be on their ability to lead, to set examples, and to work together and become strong friends.

That leaves good opportunity to build on the other three members - Hank, Jan, and Clint. Depending on how they use Clint (existing SHIELD agent, or drafted superhero, or promoted soldier - not the last please), he or the Pyms could be used as the viewers eye. The Pyms could be that bridge between SHIELD and civilian (being SHIELD sponsored civilian scientists), which when you introduce their accidental creation into superheroes, then gives three avenues of exploration to integrate the other cast into.

I think that the Pyms can be introduced without taking that much screentime away from the big stars like RDJ, and without spending too much money. I just hope Marvel will see the wisdom in including them in The Avengers, and if there will be an Avengers 2 down the road I think the Pyms will be able to take the spotlight more.

I suppose this would depend entirely on what happens in Iron Man 2, I don't know and I don't want to know until I see it, but from the look of some pics and commercials, it would seem that the Government is trying to get Tony Stark to create Iron Man armor for their military or something.

Maybe the Pyms could be scientists who are called in for that, maybe Hank is working on AI for the armor or something, and that could be a sort of swept under the rug side project.

I think the Pyms, whatever the story is, could be brought in as scientists for SHIELD. They could be working on AI for the Iron Man armor, they could create the new shield for Captain America, they could be doing lots of different research projects for them.
I could also see Hank being the scientist and his wife being the rich socialite. When he is called in she comes along. But I think I would like her to be a scientist too.

But the main idea is, like Banner could be too, and like Stark is, SHIELD contracts Pym to research and experiment for them. And while doing so he creates the Pym particles and becomes Giant Man, and turns his wife into Wasp. Maybe gets SHIELD to put them on the Avengers while they run further tests at SHIELD.

I say put the pyms in avengers then you can make a movie just for them after. They can be introduced without an origin story. Just quick explanation that pym created this and that and then your off. No need to dig to deep. This way it gives freedom to the antman movie done after avengers

Alan tudyk and morena baccarin as the pyms.

Wow misjuevos - you're really pushing for Tudyk and Baccarin aren't you. About the fifth thread you've posted that in.

No one interested in their origin feeding into the main villain plot of the movie then?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Francuz231
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"