The Avengers The Official Wasp, Ant-Man & Giant Man Casting Thread

bruce_kent

Civilian
Reaction score
My suggestions:

Michael Rapaport (Prison Break) or Matthew Morrison (Glee) as Dr. Henry "Hank" Pym/Ant-Man

Eva Longoria-Parker (Desperate Housewife) as Janet Pym/Wasp

Bye

Lee Pace as Hank Pym!!!!!

Maggie Q for Ultimate Janet or
Anna Friel for 616 Janet

Kristen Bell as The Wasp

Get an average looking everyman for GiAnt Man, it'd be weird having all the superheroes in the "MCU" looking like supermodels. Someone suggested Paul Rudd once. I love that guy, but I don't know if he can act angry or frustrated 'cause he's so chill all the time. Simon Pegg is an obvious choice with Wright directing, but I really can see him in that role. I wish I could come up with a more original answer right now.

untitled8-1.jpg

untitled9.jpg

Lee Pace would be an awesome choice as Hank. And probably quite affordable (an important consideration given what they have to pay for Downey and Norton).

Get an average looking everyman for GiAnt Man, it'd be weird having all the superheroes in the "MCU" looking like supermodels.
Superheroes have traditionally always been good looking. I see no reason to chance that. There's room for less conventionally attractive actors in serious movies. The purpose of superhero flicks is escapism, so there's nothing wrong with them having an unrealistic amount of eye-candy.

Simon Pegg is an obvious choice with Wright directing, but I really can see him in that role. I wish I could come up with a more original answer right now.
Apart from the connection with Wright, there's really nothing about Simon Pegg that would make him a likely candinate for this role.

And my casting ideas...

Hank Pym:

Jason Bateman
Michael C Hall
Bradley Cooper
Matt Damon
Simon Baker

Wasp:

Rose Byrne
Anne Hathaway
Rebecca Hall
Michelle Monaghan

Hank Pym: Simon Baker
smithsimbak.jpg

Janet van Dyne: Kristen Bell
wznvbc7rapofdyzbspulyhn.jpg

Are we casting Scott Lang too?

Just curious. What's with the Bateman outcry? I'm OK with him but it seems like some kind of phenomenon as Pym seems the least contraversial to cast. Reminds me of the Kinnear suggestions months ago

I much prefer the Simon Baker suggestion. I'm a massive Arrested Development fan, but I don't think Bateman is the obvious choice. I'd definitely be happy with him, but there's a lot of great suggestions out there.

The thing is, Marvel are going after actors that can actually act. With Edgar Wright directing, my money is on Paddy Considine getting the role!

They've been suggested before, and they're still my favorite suggestions:

Jason Bateman for Hank Pym.
Simon Pegg for Scott Lang.

Has there been any mention of the Pyms even being in the movie yet? They really need to be in there! It isn't the Avengers without the Pyms!!!!!! The continuing subplot of Hanks gradual breakdown, appearing as a 'new' character in each of the sequels ( Goliath, Yellow Jacket), it would be freaking awesome! And you need him to have Ultron! If they use Ultron, and alter his origin to one that doesn't include Hank, I'll be done with Marvel.

What about Rachel McAdams as the Wasp? I know her name is being tossed around for Black Cat in Spider-Man 4 at the moment, and as much as that could be fun I think she'd be a better fit as Jan.

As for Hank, I stand by my earlier seconding of SteveHolt's suggestion of Lee Pace. He managed a great balance of resourcefulness and insecurity on "Pushing Daisies," and he proved he can handle a more dramatic role in "The Fall."

I don't mind the suggestion of Paul Rudd, but I'd rather cast him as Wonder Man in a sequel.

Last edited:
Yeah I could see that.

And I'm kind of growing fond of Kristin Bell as Wasp.

I always saw Val Kilmer as Hank Pym, but I'm stuck on who should play the the Wasp. Someone short voluptuous and curvy.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"