Batwoman Ruby Rose WAS Kate Kane/Batwoman

"...ranging from her supposed lack of acting skills to her being the considered the wrong queer actress to play Batwoman..."

What the fu...!

I think Twitter needs to be shut down. At least until the children learn how to control themselves.:loco:

Last edited:
While I never condone attacking actors, if anything comes out of it I Just hope she uses it to prove all of us wrong.

It's nothing new. WB had 50,000 letters of complaint when Michael Keaton was cast as Batman. But I guess social media makes it more personal. Basically, brings it into your living room.

Those letters never went to Keaton so yeah lol. It'd be one thing if people were tweeting CW but they are directing directly at her.

Who do Twitter fans think should've been Batwoman instead if they think she's the wrong queer woman to play the role? Do they have someone else in mind?

I'm not a fan of the casting, but that sucks.

Who do Twitter fans think should've been Batwoman instead if they think she's the wrong queer woman to play the role? Do they have someone else in mind?

Yeah, someone named Ashley Platz whose audition tape leaked.

Yeah, someone named Ashley Platz whose audition tape leaked.

The obsession with this woman and that audition tape is mind boggling. It wasn't so great. The way people are attacking Ruby Rose and thinking their petitions and tweets will get the network to fire her and hire this Ashley Platz person is ridiculous.

The obsession with this woman and that audition tape is mind boggling. It wasn't so great. The way people are attacking Ruby Rose and thinking their petitions and tweets will get the network to fire her and hire this Ashley Platz person is ridiculous.

Honestly, I'd never heard of her until I just looked her up.

It's the rabid internet mob. If not RR it would have been someone else they were complaining about and saying "she is the 'only lesbian Hollywood knows of...'" Yadda yadda yadda, b.s. b.s. b.s.

I'd say CW should get ahead of this. Put RR in the suit and do some spots, just simple crime-fighting scenes and iconic lines. Don't let the mob fill up the vacuum until the first crossover teaser.

I think all this talk of rabid internet fanboys is actually feeding them because now anytime someone is hired for a position in a movie or series (be it directing, acting, writing, etc.) there is a contingent of pissed off fanboys (though I have seen some equally horrible fangirls, they are outnumbered) demanding the person be fired and their choice replace them, even if said choice is either completely impractical or impossible to hire.

Usually especially so because even had the studio hired that person, another contingent of pissed off fanboys will be mad their choice wasn't hired instead, or that the original choice was who they were happy with.

Basically the rabid fan culture is more toxic than ever and reaffirming their "power" with all these stories about how they drive people off social media is encouraging them.

You're allowed to not be happy with casting and express doubt that she will not deliver. But bullying her and demanding that she's fired before actually seeing her as the character (she hasn't even filmed anything yet) is wrong. I feel this just a loud minority and it's better that you ignore these trolls as they seek attention/validation on their opinions. I do hope that the likes of Stephen Amell and Grant Gustin assure her that these trolls don't represent the entire comic book fandom (they're just a loud minority)

I only hope Heath Ledger didn’t have any social media accounts in 2006.

Not saying RR will do what he did. Just saying you can’t judge an actor fully until you’ve seen at least a little footage

I stated in the other thread, I think they should start en mass banning of these people. If they can't control themselves then someone needs to step in and be the grown ups.

I hate to say it but I think one of the reasons people are making a big stink could be homophobia. This bullying is just awful and I dob'tvreally understand why she's being judged before we've even seen any acting. So far, I think she looks the part i.e. bad ass who could take on the joker.

Last edited:
Had she been an unknown and people were going after her I may think so but she's not and all of her roles have been lackluster. Not to say there are some homophobic haters but I dont think it's the majority

This so sad and disappointing. I can understand skepticism over an actor's potential performance based on their previous roles and whatnot but attacking them on social media over it is insane. And from what I read, it sounds like people were attacking her because they didn't feel she was "out" enough or something? She came out when she was 12 and has been very active in the LGBTQ community. What do they want her to do? Post "I AM A LESBIAN" in all caps on her Twitter feed every day?

I have no problems with people thinking she's a poor actress and having skepticism that she will not be great as Batwoman. I simply don't like fans personally attacking her on social media because she doesn't fit on what they think Batwoman should be (or look like) or starting pointless petitions in getting a recast.

Last edited:
It reminds me of the days when Daniel Craig was first cast as Bond. It was either pre-Twitter or Twitter wasn't a big deal yet, but I remember some A-holes started this site called CraigNotBond that had these gifs of Craig's face being shaped into the faces of neanderthals. It was really disgusting.

This so sad and disappointing. I can understand skepticism over an actor's potential performance based on their previous roles and whatnot but attacking them on social media over it is insane. And from what I read, it sounds like people were attacking her because they didn't feel she was "out" enough or something? She came out when she was 12 and has been very active in the LGBTQ community. What do they want her to do? Post "I AM A LESBIAN" in all caps on her Twitter feed every day?
How many people have actually done that? Is it a few people that we are blowing up to be a lot of people? Because I have heard more people talk about people doing that, then actual people doing that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"