S.H.I.E.L.D/Nick Fury

STR1

Civilian
Reaction score
If Marvel is going to do a movie on S.H.I.E.L.D/Nick Fury will this be based on events after the Avengers or before like when Fury first started?

I can see a good movie if done before any events of Avengers but how will the GA take it? Maybe in it they can mention or do cameos of other Marvel heroes and or villians. Maybe even mention Hank Pym or Danvers (Ms Marvel). That is if its done on events that occoured BEFORE the Avengers or leading up to the Avengers.

If done way before that, like the "orgins" of SHIELD/Nick Fury it can also work but the I don't know how the GA can grasp that after what occoured in Avengers. After all the GA (not us the hardcore fans) is what makes or breaks a movie. Not everyone is into comics!

If they do a SHIELD movie, I hope it's after the events of Avengers. Fury, Hill, Hawkeye, Black Widow, and bit roles for other "name" SHIELD agents from the comics. Hell, they could even introduce Pym and Van Dyne in it (if that Ant-Man movie doesn't happen). They need to throw a flying car in there too :hehe:

I also hope it's after the events of Avengers. You can do cool stuff without having to worry about conflicts (Why didn't they call Ant-Man/Ms. Marvel when the world was ending in Avengers?) It would be cool to see Nick Fury's origin in a flashback.

What I think would be a really cool SHIELD movie?
Fury, Widow and Hawkeye as the central characters. Maria Hill, Scott Lang, and Carol Danvers as strong/important supporting characters. Other supporting cast as cameos from Sam Wilson to Jimmy Woo to Jessica Drew. With AIM as their enemy, with storylines for MODOK (former SHIELD scientist), Red Guardian from Black Widow's backstory as their security chief, and Taskmaster as a hired hit man they put up against the heroes.

Alternately, or for a sequel, they could take on Hydra, who perhaps have revived the 'Phase II' project and are creating the Super-Adaptoid that runs on cosmic cube energy.

Alternately, if Hyrda are the villains for Cap 2, or perhaps for a threequel, they could take on the Skrull/Secret Invasion shapeshifters that have seemingly infiltrated everything.

Could be a fun franchise, assuming Marvel wants to get into the super spy genre.

I can see them making a flashback film in the 70s type era, Nick Fury Agent of SHIELD (not director). Sure they weren't technically SHIELD till Iron Man 1, but a young Nick Fury could still be the star. Maybe alongside a old Dum Dum Dugan who has been active since WWII, and Agent Valentina Allegra De Fontaine. And sure they wouldn't have the helecarrier but they could still work with Howard Stark and use the flying car he created in Captain America.
Imagine, all set in the past, a 70s psychedelic Steranko styled Spy movie starring a young Nick Fury versus Hydra.
250px-Nickfuryshield.jpg
nick-fury-agent-of-shield-profile.jpg
StrangeTales168-NickFury.jpg

250px-Shield_Countess.jpg
Dum_dum_dugan.png
images

722336-shield_flying_car_large.jpg

We could even make it Fury's origin story, how he was a soldier in the army. One of the new generations Howling Commandos (a name that continued from the Cap movie in WWII). He becomes the teams leader, looses his eye, and gets invited to be a spy by an old Agent Dum Dum Dugan. From there he meets Agent De Fontaine. he goes on missions against Hydra, and becomes a super spy. Something like that.

It would have to be a different actor playing young Nick Fury though. But it would help tie Captain America into Iron Man 1 and the Avengers much better. Hey, maybe we can even have Fury have hair with gray streaks in it.

Last edited:
What makes you say that?
Because Coulsen in Iron Man 1 kept saying "I'm Agent Phil Coulson with the Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement and Logistics Division." And everyone would say you should shorten that, and he would reply "We are working on it." So I don't think they technically became SHIELD until the end of Iron Man 1. They were still the same agency but with a much longer name.

I like the Nick Fury orgins film better. Set it in the 70s with him being just an agent and having to take down Hydra. It can be similar to the classic Sean Connery James Bond films. Do 4 films of young Nick Fury followed by SHIELD films taking place after the Avengers film.

I can see them making a flashback film in the 70s type era, Nick Fury Agent of SHIELD (not director). Sure they weren't technically SHIELD till Iron Man 1, but a young Nick Fury could still be the star. Maybe alongside a old Dum Dum Dugan who has been active since WWII, and Agent Valentina Allegra De Fontaine. And sure they wouldn't have the helecarrier but they could still work with Howard Stark and use the flying car he created in Captain America.
Imagine, all set in the past, a 70s psychedelic Steranko styled Spy movie starring a young Nick Fury versus Hydra.
250px-Nickfuryshield.jpg
nick-fury-agent-of-shield-profile.jpg
StrangeTales168-NickFury.jpg

250px-Shield_Countess.jpg
Dum_dum_dugan.png
images

722336-shield_flying_car_large.jpg

We could even make it Fury's origin story, how he was a soldier in the army. One of the new generations Howling Commandos (a name that continued from the Cap movie in WWII). He becomes the teams leader, looses his eye, and gets invited to be a spy by an old Agent Dum Dum Dugan. From there he meets Agent De Fontaine. he goes on missions against Hydra, and becomes a super spy. Something like that.

It would have to be a different actor playing young Nick Fury though. But it would help tie Captain America into Iron Man 1 and the Avengers much better. Hey, maybe we can even have Fury have hair with gray streaks in it.

You forgot one thing: Chester Phillips, first Director of SHIELD. :yay:

The main head bad guy at the head of Hydra in the Nick Fury 70s styled Agent of SHIELD movie could be Baron Strucker:
Baron.jpg

Wolfgang_Strucker_%28Earth-199999%29_0001.jpg
detail.jpg
detail.jpg

Madam Hydra could also be there as Strucker's second in command:
capitan_america_madame_hydra.jpg
images

As well as familiar (if modified a little) Hydra soldiers:
Captain-America-photo-HYDRA1.jpg

captain-america-hydra-soldiers.jpg

ts

Maybe even a version of Arnim Zola from the Captain America films (but older since we last saw him in WWII and this movie would take place in the 70s:
vlcsnap-14490.jpg

Last edited:
Hydra should be the main villians in a SHIELD movie series. Would show the difference between SHIELD and HYDRA and there values on life and depect the whole good vs. evil aspect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"