Sailor Moon: Crystal

Yeah, those names are never going to leave my mind.

glad that Sailor Moon is back! and the animation has been updated!

however, was anyone else kind of disappointed that they didn't use the original opening theme song?? :(

oh.....and Sailor V!! :hrt:

The English voice cast has been announced.

Stephanie Sheh will voice Usagi/Sailor Moon! Perfect choice.

Im mainly worried about liking Litas VA since her original Dub VA was perfect for the character.

This thread is missing two things:

1) A poster with an avatar of sailor moon;
2) A poster with an avatar of sailor mars;

This thread is missing two things:

1) A poster with an avatar of sailor moon;
2) A poster with an avatar of sailor mars;

You rang?

I needed to do this for a long time. My first TV love :D

The English voice cast has been announced.

Stephanie Sheh will voice Usagi/Sailor Moon! Perfect choice.

I am so out of the loop when it comes to anime voice acting nowadays. The only name I recognize from the new dub's cast is Johnny Young Bosch (and I think he's a perfect choice for Artemis, by the way).

Anyway, I decided to do some research of Stephanie Sheh just now, and yes, I can totally see why she was cast as Sailor Moon. I'm looking forward to this new dub! :)

so this is a rehash of the original saga? I was under the impression that it would be new original stories set in the universe

so this is a rehash of the original saga? I was under the impression that it would be new original stories set in the universe

So far, it's a different take on season 1, but it's only been one episode.

I think they'll be following the original manga more closely, ala FMA: Brotherhood and the new Lupin III.

It's a closer adaption to the Manga, but since the first episode of the original is close to the manga, that is why the episodes are so similar. The episodes will start to differ as the show goes on.

I just wish they'd use the original opening theme song. :(

oh, and at what point in the manga did Venus make her official debut? was it several chapters in?

She appears in Act 8 so probably the 8th episode of the season if not a couple episodes sooner. It would be great if we got an ep or 2 dedicated just to Sailor V flashacks

Last edited:
She appears in Act 8 so probably the 8th episode of the season if not a couple episodes sooner.

ah. thanks.

well at least she already technically showed up as Sailor V.........lol.

Having to wait an entire year to see the whole show is going to be painful for me :(

You rang?

I needed to do this for a long time. My first TV love :D

Once I reach 300 posts I will have my avatar be the "I will punish you!" pose from SMC :D

Anyway the Season 1 Part 1 BD/DVD set will be coming out November 11. It's available for preorder on rightstuf.com (you get a collectible coin/medallion with it when you preorder from there), it's not up on amazon yet but it'll probably be on there soon too. Of course I already preordered it yesterday. XD

It is defiantly a good time to be a Sailor Moon fan.

so......one thing that I've always wondered.......

Artemis the cat is a guy, right??

so.......why then does he have a girl's name??? lol

Artemis is a gender neutral name regardless of the most famous example being a female Greek god.

Artemis is a gender neutral name regardless of the most famous example being a female Greek god.

yeah...except it's most associated with that Greek goddess.

also, wasn't Venus ( Sailor V ) supposed to be the original protagonist of the story? but then it morphed into Sailor Moon?

yeah...except it's most associated with that Greek goddess.

Artemis is the name of a Greek moon goddess, and it's commonly a gender neutral name. It's probably the best option for giving him a moon-themed name.

Artemis is the name of a Greek moon goddess, and it's commonly a gender neutral name. It's probably the best option for giving him a moon-themed name.

so there have been other male characters named Artemis?

I guess Ariel is technically a boy's name traditionally, but perhaps the most recognizable modern pop culture use of that name is associated with a girl. And now the name is more gender neutral.

so there have been other male characters named Artemis?

I dunno about in the show but I've known two male Artemis' in California and I worked with one in Virginia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"