Sequels Sam Raimi on Spider-Man 4

Raimi is obsessed with the classics, to the point that he can't see any stifling of developments in his films as a direct cause of them. If he even so much as deviates from the original Sinister Six lineup I'd be surprised.

Original SS:

Doc Ock
Kraven
Electro
Sandman
Vulture
Mysterio

Each fought Spidey individually though in traps...they never fought as a unit till the second SS.

Another thing to remember is that budget issues come into play, especially when there are many powers to be covered. Doc Ock took a fair amount of effort to adapt, and the Sandman required a lot of focus to get those beautiful CGI scenes. Add four other villains into the mix and the capacities they can show will be hampered. It's not going to go down half as amazing as some people who want the Sinister Six seem to believe, and the end of SM3 shows that when Raimi directs four superpowered people (let alone six) it becomes very sloppy and disorganized both in ideas and flow.

"the negotiations would turn to keeping Raimi onboard as a producer only."

I've been saying that for the LONGEST time!

It's nice to hear Raimi name-drop several cool villains, but when all is said and done, we still know NOTHING about the plans for SM4.

To review, Raimi says:

He, Kirsten and Tobey coming back? - Don't know.

Sony hiring a new director but keeping Raimi as producer? - Don't know.

Vulture, Kraven, Electro, or Sinister Six storyline? - Don't know.

Dylan Baker gets the spotlight when the Lizard appears? - Don't know.

So yeah, everything's still up in the air.

Well said!

sam for the love of pete go back to doing ONE villian!!!

if it were my choice I'd want it to be lizard but at this point I don't care as long as it is the ONLY villian.

I'm sure Sam must have meant Sinister Six for later on. He said that He would like to use Electro and Vulture. He also said that He wants to reward Dylan Baker for His patience with a villainous pay off which is great IMO. Electro and Vulture would be great to see on Film as well. Doc Ock and Sandman returning would be awesome as well because they are two great Villians. Sinister Six would work out great to.

I can't see a film with Electro, but can see a film with Lizard and Venom.

If the Sinister Six does appear in a Spider-Man movie, I'd go for:

Dr. Octopus
Kraven
Mysterio
Sandman
Venom
Vulture

Introduce Kraven, Mysterio, and Vulture in Spider-Man 5, and have Doc Ock bring them, Sandman, and Venom back in Spider-Man 6.

Raimi nuked Brock, and you need only look as far as Mac Gargan to see how replacement Venoms have worked. You can be sure after SM3 that Raimi won't be attaching his name with Venom ever again.

Sinister 6 in one movie....mmm well as already said, maybe it could only work with already introduced villains....on the other hand, if they have the sinister 6, it seems to me that it would be difficult to make that SPIdey movie nothing more than I giant action movie, which SP3 almost was (or maybe they can go in a direction like: SS gather, they kick Spidey's ass, he barely escapes, SS start to fall apart as they all want Spidey for themselves, final battle and Spidey saves the day or something like that...)

In my opinion IF they want to make multiple villains again, and since Doc Connors is established, they could use that "Lizard-Kraven" direction everyone seems to agree on

But Venom or Carnage, only if they are VERY VERY VERY VERY...(2 days later)...VERY VERY inspired and make them come back in a decent and intersting way.

But yeah Lizard deserves his shot against Spidey (I just hope we won't get a Doc Ock 2 storyline...)

Raimi nuked Brock, and you need only look as far as Mac Gargan to see how replacement Venoms have worked. You can be sure after SM3 that Raimi won't be attaching his name with Venom ever again.

After how he treated Venom in SM-3, I'd take that as a blessing.

electro and vulture huh? i'm fine with that, though i would like for buildup for the sinister six, and save it for the last movie.

If SM4 brings only Kraven & Lizard, I'm alright with it. I'm looking forward to The Lizard a lot. But having too many villians again..Not so much.:o

he didn't say anything about the Lizard. Raimi don't likes him...
How wrong you are my friend.

...Whether that story line works out or not, Raimi hopes to finally reward Dylan Baker's patience with a villainous payoff similar to what Franco enjoyed in "3." "I love Dylan Baker as a person, and I really like the character he is developing," the filmmaker said of Dr. Curt Connors, Parker's one-armed, screen-time-challenged professor in the first three flicks.

"The Lizard is probably one of my favorite characters," he said of the baddie Connors eventually became in the comics. (He joined the Sinister Six when they became the Sinister Twelve, by the way.) "But ['Spider-Man 4'] will probably have to start with the central journey of the main character to arrive at the proper villain."

http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles/1563359/20070625/story.jhtml

After how he treated Venom in SM-3, I'd take that as a blessing.

What do you mean? He treated him fairly well considering that there was a whole lot going on.

Personally I would prefer Venom instead of Mysterio to be in the SS. That is if Raimi doesn't come back.

I dont mind Raimi returning...I just want to keep him away from the script.

I love this part...

"But ['Spider-Man 4'] will probably have to start with the central journey of the main character to arrive at the proper villain."

Question, Raimi- if you did the same for Spider-Man 3, then what the heck was the Sandman's relevancy to the story? Oh, that's right...his origin had nothing to do with Peter, and you just rewrote it. Funny how that works. Yet we need a proper villain? Why bother, when you can just rewrite their background to fit your message? I half expect a Reign version of Doc Ock, just so he can complete the classic lineup.

What do you mean? He treated him fairly well considering that there was a whole lot going on.

Brock got no character development worth speaking of, relied way too much on the viewer already knowing who Venom is, made wild jumps in psychosis just for his transformation to make a marginal amount of sense, and dealt a beating to Spidey so small in scale that Doc Ock's smallest action beat in SM2 makes it look paltry. Then, instead of just having Brock fall onto some girders or, heck, even the original ending where his revenge consumes him? Instead, we get to see Brock incinerated. It even shows us a second shot just to add insult to injury where the symbiote completely evaporates. Yeah, he sure showed a lot of respect to the fans when Venom was screeching every time he could have had some dialogue and disappeared for minutes at a time...

Topher shoud definately have been Electro. But what's up with Raimi not mentioning the Lizard?

If you think about it Lizard in a movie would look pretty weird. Raimi might be worried that Lizard will cost too much and SM4 will flop because of disapointment with sm3

Personaly I'd rather Raimi didn't come back. I enjoyed his take on Spidey and all, but I'd rather wait a few years and see another director take a stab at it, one who could hopefully handle the character of Peter Parker/Spider-man a bit better.

I thought Sam Raimi did a god job on handling Peter Parker. First off, its the writer that has to know how to handle it. I want Raimi and David Koep back together, they make the perfect team.

I love this part...

Question, Raimi- if you did the same for Spider-Man 3, then what the heck was the Sandman's relevancy to the story? Oh, that's right...his origin had nothing to do with Peter, and you just rewrote it. Funny how that works. Yet we need a proper villain? Why bother, when you can just rewrite their background to fit your message? I half expect a Reign version of Doc Ock, just so he can complete the classic lineup.

Brock got no character development worth speaking of, relied way too much on the viewer already knowing who Venom is, made wild jumps in psychosis just for his transformation to make a marginal amount of sense, and dealt a beating to Spidey so small in scale that Doc Ock's smallest action beat in SM2 makes it look paltry. Then, instead of just having Brock fall onto some girders or, heck, even the original ending where his revenge consumes him? Instead, we get to see Brock incinerated. It even shows us a second shot just to add insult to injury where the symbiote completely evaporates. Yeah, he sure showed a lot of respect to the fans when Venom was screeching every time he could have had some dialogue and disappeared for minutes at a time...

Coming from a card-carrying Raimi apologist; this is the most well-dealt Raimi burn of all time!

I thought Sam Raimi did a god job on handling Peter Parker. First off, its the writer that has to know how to handle it. I want Raimi and David Koep back together, they make the perfect team.

He did okay with Peter, but he did horrible with Spider-man's charicterization.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"