Scooby-Doo Heading Back to the Big Screen

Can't say I'm too keen on the tone in the trailer. Song choice doesn't help, either. Looks like a run of the mill CG animated movie.

I liked it. Looks fun! (Zombie Island will always be my favorite though)

The only thing that really threw me off was Shaggy’s voice.

Weirdly, Zac Efron's voice works for Fred.

The designs are spot on, bit of corporate synergy with young Daphne wearing a Wonder Woman costume. Noticed that the airship resembled the Mean Machine from Wacky Races.

Yeah, ditching Matt Lillard was a mistake. Will Forte is doing his best, but it is tough when you are trying to replace the Lillard.

Still, looks cute. Despite the trailer being extremely generically cut.

Yeah I'm down. I wasn't sure about this before, but there were some really cute moments in that trailer, and some of the jokes did get a good chuckle out of me. I am honestly not all that bothered by Forte's voice as Shaggy as most people are though.

Eh. I mean it's not Zombie Island but...

Reactions: CJ
getting real pup named scooby doo feels <3 i loved the trailer

Reactions: CJ
Looked cute. Maybe... Too cute? I don't know... Liked a lot of the look and the more with it humor aspects. Still... Something was just a tad off. Could just be the construction of the trailer itself.

So many Blue Falcon refs in the trailer... Are they back door piloting a CGI HB film universe?

I think I read that they are
I'll be honest... If I were guaranteed BF as a supporting character in this who was gonna get a spin off I would be pretty hyped.

And a CGI HB shared universe could be pretty revolutionary for today. We all love Pixar's and other studios' animated output but Woody and Buzz are never gonna run into the characters from A Bug's Life and then go on an adventure.

The HB properties have an actual history of crossing over and like with the Marvel/DC stable you have a variety of settings and genre conventions to work with.

Scooby is def. in the fun mystery comedy mold.

Blue Falcon can do the high tech hero thing.

Space Ghost can go all space opera.

Johnny Quest, globe trotting adventure/thriller.

Lots to play around with.

They already did in DC comics

They already did in DC comics
That history goes even further back to not just crossover toons like LaffAlympics but to episodes of the original runs of many of those properties on TV in the late 6o's, the 70's and up through the 80's.

Ooh... Left out the Galaxy Trio!

Seriously these are ripe for a modern reinterpretation. There is name recognition and built in concepts but a real blank canvas almost in any other aspect. Scooby and the gang are maybe the most defined (And beloved) HB property. You have to deliver something in tone and character that keeps within certain established lines.

But the others? There is so much you could do to add some meat onto the bones and still keep things in a light and breezy style that's fun for all ages.

Shaggy's voice is all sorts of wrong. Scoob sounds a bit weird too.

I never liked Scooby Do to begin with and this isn't changing my mind at the moment either.

Are you more of a Velma when you see yourself as a Daphne?

So many Blue Falcon refs in the trailer... Are they back door piloting a CGI HB film universe?

Not sure if it counts as a spoiler, but...
They've cast voices for Blue Falcon and Dyno-Mutt as well as Captain Caveman and Dick Dastardly.

As a lifelong Scooby-Doo fan, I really don't get the complaints about Shaggy's voice here. He sounds fine to me. Sure, it was crappy of them to ditch Matthew Lillard without letting him know about it, but as much of a national treasure that the man is, he wasn't going to voice the character forever. I look forward to seeing what Forte brings to the table.

I know he’s not the hot commodity he used to be but would it have killed them to use Matthew Lillard. Dude is Shaggy now, his voice in this trailer sucks

I see a lot of “cute” being used. Is “cute” really what you want in a Scooby-Doo movie?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"