Scooby-Doo Heading Back to the Big Screen

as long as we get a Herculoids movie out of it I don't give a ****

Because... source material?
Which is...silly?

Scooby, Batman, Ninja Turtles, are all things that have strayed from the source material as the years went on.

Again especially with the lack of success in the children's horror world on top of Scooby franchise having evolved, and as pointed out it's supposed to be the starting point of a shared universe it's silly to expect that

Dick Dastardly and Blue Falcon together at last. :o

I'd still like to see a stone cold mystery that the gang must solve. Very radical idea, I know!

Amazing trailer. I hope it leads up to a Wacky Races movie.

I know I’ve complained about this movie enough (sorry, I even enjoyed the live action Scooby-Doo more or less), but man these trailers are getting worse. This looks like such garbage.

I know you can’t expect Pixar quality here, but even DreamWorks I’d take. This isn’t even about atmosphere at this point but just a well made animated family film.

If this movie gets above a 50% on rottentomatoes, I’ll apologize profusely.

It's basically a setup for the universe that's why it's the way it is. I wouldn't even really call it a Scooby-Doo movie, more of a Hanna Barbera movie.

The character designs are on point, even Dick Dastardly who I was unsure how he would fit in.

Scooby and the gang saving the world and facing villains isn't really a new idea, it's been done with the various Batman crossovers and also in the 80s with Blue Falcon and Dynomutt.

I didn't expect other Hanna Barbara characters to show up in this, this trailer sold the movie better then the previous trailers.

All of those jokes were flat. Doesn't look like anything special.

They just rehashed Scooby Doo with a lot of pop culture jokes.

I stopped after he referred to dick Dastardly as snidely whiplash.

Whoops, There was a swear in the pic that I hadn't noticed, so I deleted it.

Someone claimed to have seen a test screening for Scoob! And spoiled the whole movie. He didn't like it.

The post is from October but several things mentioned were in the trailer that debuted last week, like Falcon dabbing.

Last edited:
Looks alright. I prefer the um...moody....I guess? Takes on Scooby but I also like the other stuff to varying degrees as well. It is disappointing that this is what appeals to more people than something that's probably a ton better like Zombie Island and Mystery Incorporated, but what can you do? I'd rather have something that fits along side ParaNorman and Monster House but this could be good enough. I do have affection for stuff like Wacky Races and I love A Pup Named Scooby Doo so this fits in with those takes rather than the stuff I like best but it's still Scooby Doo feeling , just not the best Scooby stuff.

Movie looks stupid but fine, but I hate Shaggy's voice so much. And I've been seeing the trailer for the last 3 months before too many movies. I'm already burnt out on this and Tenet.

It seems cute

Idk man. It's a kids movie. Not like how Pixar movies are kids movies that adults can enjoy. This literally look like it's made to be spoon-fed to children. I can't get mad at that. And I think it's kinda silly that adults would complain about it. It's really really not made for us. As long as it's not as immature and childish as the live action films then I don't really care

True I would love another Zombie Island esque movie. But I wasn't expecting that and don't do I blame them for going this route. A majority of this franchise feels like it's been for kids or just goofy as hell for a while anyway. I feel complaining about it as an adult is as weird as people who were complaining about the Dora the Explorer movie pre release

Last edited:
With it being moved, I still think it may become an HBO MAX EXCLUSIVE.

It'll depend though.

If 'Onward' helps to drive in subscribers for Disney + (and judging off of impact of video on demand). As well as on how 'Trolls 2' performs. If these ventures are successful for these studios for these films, I do have to wonder if Warners may consider taking this avenue as well with their similarly family targeted animated film.

It could be a way to drive subscribers up upon launch and bring in money.

It could anger the theater owners if they do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hames
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"