I just watched Scooby-Doo....

Can't argue with the great casting but yeah, I've yet to be persuaded into the "Actually it's a secret masterpiece" camp on this. It is a BLAST to sit down with some friends and some drinks and make fun of, though.

Scooby Doo is one of those things where I'd be open to a different interpretation, but I'd like to see them just make a straight up PG or PG-13 spooky mystery first. Zombie Island is really the template, but you could push it a little further too.

Hell no to a Gunn directed Scooby Doo Rated R movie.

Rob Zombie already pissed on The Munsters, we don't need his brand of vulgarity to ruin Mystery Inc.

Yeah, Scooby-Doo should never ever be R. That kind of misses the point.

But a Stranger Things-level scary is just fine.

I'd trust Gunn with directing a Scooby Doo 3. He did write the first two live action movies, after all. Wouldn't want it to be rated R though. That's about as unnecessary as that Winnie the Pooh horror movie that's coming out.

There's been a million Scooby Doo projects from the last 50 years with all kinds of variations, it's okay if one of them is a rated R movie by James Gunn.

The 2002 movie was supposed to be a mature rated parody from Gunn anyways just like the 90s Brady Bunch movie.

I'd trust Gunn with directing a Scooby Doo 3. He did write the first two live action movies, after all. Wouldn't want it to be rated R though. That's about as unnecessary as that Winnie the Pooh horror movie that's coming out.

TIL.

I’ll be damned.

If Gunn were to do it, however, I’d say not to do a part 3, but just a full reboot. All due respect to the former cast, but the youngest of the core four is 45 now.

I for one want to see what a middle-age Scooby and the gang are up!

There's been a million Scooby Doo projects from the last 50 years with all kinds of variations, it's okay if one of them is a rated R movie by James Gunn.

Meh, that kind of thinking is then why not the next Alien movie be rated G?

Meh, that kind of thinking is then why not the next Alien movie be rated G?

Why not? Xenomorphs are now part of Disney. :o
alien.jpg

I keep forgetting that Mindy Kaling Velma spin-off is happening. It’s supposed to be an adult cartoon.

I for one want to see what a middle-age Scooby and the gang are up!
I mean… 20 years tacked onto whatever age Scooby would’ve been in that first movie makes him more “geriatric” than “middle aged.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"