Scooby-Doo Heading Back to the Big Screen

My thing is why would you get people in their 20s for Fred Velma and Daphne then get ****ing Will Forte for Shaggy?

Dick Dastardly's design is one I'm curious to see in Scoob because if you compare him to the Mystery Inc gang, he's more in line with the earlier Hanna-Barbera characters with exaggerated features which may be a bit jarring, they can get away with Captain Caveman because he's not from the present.

It's Scooby Doo and the target audience is mostly family and kids. Cuteness is a nice element to have

You guys remember when that one member, years ago, said that the next Scooby Doo movie should be like The Conjuring?

Yeah that is still one of the the worst takes I ever saw on this site. In the top 5.

Scooby doo can be dark but not that dark. I think zombie island and mystery inc was the only time the series got really dark

Why wouldn't we?

It's Scooby Doo and the target audience is mostly family and kids. Cuteness is a nice element to have

Cute is fine sparingly but the original series had a ton of atmosphere, and cute was never its main thing. Even the highly rated Zombie Island has some (low level) scares. This looks neutered of the original concept.

More this please...

dfa96ff82bf1dfd14f9349e55810706b.jpg

Cute is fine sparingly but the original series had a ton of atmosphere, and cute was never its main thing. Even the highly rated Zombie Island has some (low level) scares. This looks neutered of the original concept.
It's a movie about a talking dog solving crime. Scooby Doo has evolved since then and clearly this is just a kid friendly take on the source material. Like a Pup Named Scooby Doo, certain moments in the DTVs, etc.
I don't see why being "cute" is a problem. It's not like Scooby Doo was this dark, gritty crime saga and they completely changed it

It's a movie about a talking dog solving crime. Scooby Doo has evolved since then and clearly this is just a kid friendly take on the source material. Like a Pup Named Scooby Doo, certain moments in the DTVs, etc.
I don't see why being "cute" is a problem. It's not like Scooby Doo was this dark, gritty crime saga and they completely changed it

Did I say that? No. Atmosphere. Take a look at the images I posted. There are many animated family films that have that ie Paranorman, Frankenweenie etc.

And what does a kid friendly take on an already kid friendly show even mean? For toddlers?

Did I say that? No. Atmosphere. Take a look at the images I posted. There are many animated family films that have that ie Paranorman, Frankenweenie etc.

And what does a kid friendly take on an already kid friendly show even mean? For toddlers?
I never said you said that. I'm just saying that I don't see why it's a a point against this film or a problem that it's cute when the franchise has already done the cute thing well before

When I said cute, I meant the scenes where they all meet each other and especially the stuff with pup scooby and kid shaggy. It is cute.

The rest is pretty cool and just scooby doo typical stuff

Scooby Doo is like Batman in that the franchise is quite durable, you can have a more darker take like the first two DTVs and Mystery Incorporated or the more humorous approach which we've seen with things like What's New, Be Cool and the more recent Guess Who? For a CGI animated film, they're trying to appeal to a wider audience that probably watched things like Hotel Transylvania and that's a good thing. Appealing to the Frankenweenie/Paranorman crowd isn't going to work as neither of those films were hits.

I never saw scooby doo as super dark. Sometimes violent but not super dark

i really like dick dastardly's airship looking like the mean machine from wacky races

Reactions: CJ
i was hoping this new scooby doo would have an atmosphere akin to something like paranorman or some of them tim burton stop motion movies.

but i still dig what i'm seeing from this trailer - they gotta play it more mainstream to attract more the GA, i suppose.

Looks really cute still. I'm not mad at it. Will it be good I'm not sure, but this is for sure an animated movie made for kids so I can't really judge it

I love the original Scooby Doo animated series/Mystery Incorporated and some of the DTVs... and also Scooby Apocalypse comics. Not gonna lie, I'd love to see a more eerie/dark live action series of Scooby Doo. Of course it can still be comical, just have a more creepy atmosphere to it. I love the Scooby Doo episode on Supernatural!

Even an anime stylized series of Scooby Doo would be pretty cool to see.

I'm still going to see the though haha.

This movie is basically setting up an entire universe of Hanna Barbera characters getting their own movies so it won't be that horror.

And we've see so many well received kids based horror or horror tinged movies not do well at the box office. I don't see why people expect that they would've done this

Because... source material?

And a lot of kids related films bomb for other reasons as well. Spies in Disguise anyone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"