Scooby-Doo Heading Back to the Big Screen

As attempts at cinematic universes go, I think I'd be quite alright with Hanna-Barbera getting one.

Flinstones/Jetsons crossover reboot!

Hope it is more in vain of Zombie Island and Mystery Inc. then any other current version of the series.

I second this. The inclusion of the guy from Mystery Inc. is encouraging. I'm not so thrilled about the prospect of throwing in other WB cartoons...

Also, I'd love to see some of the supporting characters from over the years show up again, like Vincent Van Ghoul, Del Chillman, Sherrif Stone, etc....

Hmm.. WB's Hanna-Barbara Universe..

They could beat Disney / Pixar at the animated movies department if they can make quality movies from Hanna-Barbera toons, Scooby, Tom and Jerry, Jetsons, Johnny Quest, Space Ghost, The Herculoids.

In addition they also have Dexter's Lab, Power-puff girls, Ben 10, Loony-Tunes, Samurai Jack, Johnny Bravo.

I always wondered what made them hold all these characters back.

Last edited:
A Hanna-Barbara Universe is actually a very cool idea. I'd get behind it fully as long as the quality of the films are good.

We might get that Laff-A-Lympics movie we all want :p

Hmm.. WB's Hanna-Barbara Universe..

They could beat Disney / Pixar at the animated movies department if they can make quality movies from Hanna-Barbera toons, Scooby, Tom and Jerry, Jetsons, Johnny Quest, Space Ghost, The Herculoids.

In addition they also have Dexter's Lab, Power-puff girls, Ben 10, Loony-Tunes, Samurai Jack, Johnny Bravo.

I always wondered what made them hold all these characters back.

They can't and they won't.

My favourite Scooby Doo ghost

c640x360_22.jpg

I remember when I was a wee lad the Giggling Ghost laugh giving me goosebumps.

I'm kind of hoping this leads to Dynomutt, Captain Caveman and Hong Kong Phooey

WB isn't easy to please, it CHIPS could be a disaster and they would just give him something else to do.

But I hope this is more Zombie Island/Mystery Inc.

Zombie Island will probably always be the best Scooby Doo movie. It's just a solid horror movie period.

If we EVER go back to a live action Scooby, they should seriously adapt it. I am kind of surprised WB didn't try when Zombies were all the rage.

If we EVER go back to a live action Scooby, they should seriously adapt it. I am kind of surprised WB didn't try when Zombies were all the rage.

People have already said it, but it should be scary.

Something like the Conjuring. Movie was scary as hell, but it knew how to have fun, especially with the paranormal investigators.

Something like the Conjuring. Movie was scary as hell, but it knew how to have fun, especially with the paranormal investigators.

No. Nah. Nope. Non. Nein.

That would be the silliest move to make Scooby Doo like the Conjuring.

A more adult Scooby Doo could be something really cool, but it could also be a complete disaster

Making a more adult Scooby Doo is like going back and making the Ninja Turtles like their original 1984 comic. Or when that fan film came out and everyone wanted a dark gritty Power Rangers.
It's just not a good idea.

Keep it kid friendly, but by kid friendly you don't have to make it completely brain dead

You have plenty of kid-friend Scooby Doo films already. Take a risk. What's the worst thing that can happen? A bad movie? Add it to the ever growing pile.

I'm not saying it has to be like violent, and bloody, it just needs actually be scary. I use the Conjuring as an example, because it was legitimately scary, yet still fun. It doesn't have to be that scary, it's just an example of a recent, effective horror movie.

Zombie Island worked because it was legitimately scary. I'm not saying the gang has to walk in on a murder-homicide, but you need something serious.

Maybe The Fog would have been a better example.

You have plenty of kid-friend Scooby Doo films already. Take a risk. What's the worst thing that can happen? A bad movie? Add it to the ever growing pile.

I'm not saying it has to be like violent, and bloody, it just needs actually be scary. I use the Conjuring as an example, because it was legitimately scary, yet still fun. It doesn't have to be that scary, it's just an example of a recent, effective horror movie.

Zombie Island worked because it was legitimately scary. I'm not saying the gang has to walk in on a murder-homicide, but you need something serious.

Maybe The Fog would have been a better example.

Yes there are plenty of kid-friendly Scooby Doo movies because it's a kids comedy franchise. This sounds like an idea that wouldve been thrown around back in 2008-2010 post TDK when everything was suggested for a darker reboot.

Why of all the projects take a stupid risk on Scooby Doo? It's a series about a talking dog helping to solve crimes. The premise alone is ridiculous. Come on does that really sound like a movie where a person should say "Take hints from the Conjuring and The Fog" :dry: Who is a Scooby Doo movie that is like the Conjuring even for?

They should be taking hints from the recent Goosebumps movie, Frankenweenie, Coraline, or even Gremlins. These "kid friendly" movies that are horrors or have horror elements. Not the serious horror movies. Make it like Zombie Island fine, but to even bringing up Conjuring or The Fog as movies that Scooby Doo should take it's hints from is crazy. Even moreso when the new movie is going to be animated

Last edited:
Definitely agree that it's beyond weird and not getting the property at all to make them serious horror films. That's not what the property is nor ever was at all. I'd say focus on 'Cabin In The Woods' or 'The Frighteners' but on a family level. Those films because one second they can be thrilling and then hilarious the next. If they can capture the tone of those films on a family level, it'll be golden. If you want a James Wan example, second half of 'Insidious' would match up as well - again, on a more family level.

I'm all for dark. Batman v Superman I'll defend up and down, I loved that film. But not everything needs to be grim dark, Scooby Doo especially not.

Last edited:
Scooby Doo doesn't need to be "adult" as much as "mature". Zombie Island was a perfect mix. It had its silly moments along with its OMG moments.

Zombie Island & Mystery Inc spoke to all generations of fans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"