Sequels Scoop: Joseph Gordon-Levitt As Spider-Man

FlawlessVictory

Superhero
Reaction score
Scoop: Joseph Gordon-Levitt As Spider-Man
By Josh Tyler: 2007-04-12 02:58:16

4914.jpg

With Tobey Maguire still uncertain about whether or not he’ll be playing Spider-Man after the third movie, Sony is preparing a contingency plan that will allow the franchise to move on without him. We have a line on who one of the actors they’re considering to replace him is.

One of our most reliable, proven, inside sources emailed me tonight to let us know that Joseph Gordon-Levitt, star of The Lookout, could be in contention to be the next Peter Parker. Our source says the people in charge over at Sony were impressed by his performance in The Lookout, and that has him on their radar. And it should. Levitt’s brilliant in it. Actually, he’s brilliant in everything. He’s one of the best young actors working today. He also has the right build, the right look, and could easily step in where Tobey Maguire has already tread.

Till now, a lot of the focus for who might replace Maguire if he leaves has been on Jake Gyllenhaal. He’s the obvious choice for the part, but he’s also more famous and more expensive. Levitt is cheaper, younger, and you know what… he’s a much better fit than Jake Gyllenahaal. For the first time I can actually imagine someone being better at playing Peter Parker than Tobey Maguire. That’s how good he is.

Of course everything depends on what Maguire decides to do. If he ends up sticking around, this discussion is moot. Even if he doesn’t, for now this should only be considered a rumor. Joseph Gordon-Levitt is only in contention for the part, we’re not saying he has it. No one does, until Tobey makes up his mind.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Scoop-Joseph-Gordon-Levitt-As-Spider-Man-4914.html

Dude would make a great Peter Parker. :up:

See ya Maguire, don't let the door hit your dull, lethargic ass on the way out.

I could see him doing it he was great in third rock from the sun.

Hmmm.......I could see him as Spider-Man

Keyword here.....cheap....cheaper than Jake Gyllenhaal. And he would be an outstanding choice. He has the look, the build , and certainly the acting chops to pull a Peter Parker. I have never cared for Gyllenhaal anyways.

i like him for pete,he looks kinda like heath ledger

I'll have to see what he's done before forging my decision!

[he does look dorky enough, though].

i dont really want tobey replaced,jeez if they want to replace actors so bad they shoulda cast the others from the beginning!

Based on the stuff that I've seen this guy in, I'm not impressed. IF they are going to replace Tobey, I want them replace everyone and revamp the whole franchise. Start a new storyline. Whatever. Similar to what Batman Begins did to the Batman franchise... but different.

I'm sure he'd be fine but he needs to hit the gym. He's a little too thin right now. He needs more muscle.

I can't see him as Peter Parker.... unless they needed a replacement for Heath Ledger in Nolan's Batman series

060313_JGLevitt_4p.widec.jpg

hmm, never thought of him before, but he'd be great. definitely has the chops (he was pretty damn good in Brick) to pull off Peter Parker's drama (while looking appropriately geeky) and the timing to pull off Spidey's wit (as seen in Third Rock From The Sun).

if they do recast (hopefully, they'll recast the whole bunch, as I've never been too fond of Raimi's cast), he'd be one of my top choices for Peter.

im really falling for this choice,like big time

I'm really NOT falling for this choice. I haven't seen him in a lot of stuff - only 3rd Rock from the Sun, where I found him very annoying, and 10 Things I Hate About You - where none of the cast impressed me with their acting. IF they have to recast Tobey, I'm almost hoping they go with an unknown. Or up Tobey's paycheck until he says Yes. :)

This dude would be wrong, wrong, double wrong...
(almost as wrong as Jose up there...wtf?)

By the way there are too many unanswered questions about weather they will continue with the existing "team".
They will wait to see how 3 does at the box office, and weather or not Raimi is going to get The Hobbit. Unless they are going in a whole different direction and formula with this franchise, I don't think it's good to tinker with what is working.

I do think Levitt has grown into a fine and very overlooked actor. But Gylenhaal is a virtual carbon copy of Tobey McGuire, in terms of look/age/acting style/you name it, and that transition would be a lot less distracting.

But a strong proposal. Someone should line up a big project for Levitt :up: He's got the chops....just not the bod. :(

i dont really want tobey replaced,jeez if they want to replace actors so bad they shoulda cast the others from the beginning!

I'm all for Tobey and the rest of the cast staying the same, but time goes by, DEAL WITH IT! Actors get older, and they want to move on to different projects to show their range.

If they "cast the other from the beginning" they'd be replacing them now also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"