Scream 5 in Development

I think it would be cool from a continuity standpoint for her to return at some point, and she could essentially fill the role of being the new Randy.

If Hicks can return, I wouldn't take Kirby off the table for future entries. Wes Craven himself did lean into the idea that her return was possible because he never showed her die.

It doesn't have to be this film though. I think there could be something interesting there with her though. You'd have the OG generation and new 2022 generation. Kirby (if she lived) would be the lone survivor of the 2011 events.

Also totally fine if she's never mentioned again.

I also have a theory involving Hicks.

I think it's fair to say there's a good chance the killer in this film ends up being the spawn of Billy Loomis. That is not based on any spoilers or anything, just seems like a valid thing to speculate on when everything about this movie seems to be about tying back to the original film. So...what do we know about Hicks? We know she was classmates with Sid and Sid didn't remember her. Who's to say she couldn't have had an oopsie with Billy a few months before the original film? After the events of Scream, being a teenager and realizing that she's carrying the child of a psychopath, she gives up the child. The rest pretty much writes itself.

I'm just saying...I bet she's back for a reason. And it would be really cool for that creepy hallway scene with her and Sid to have a new context, if Hicks was harboring this dark secret. That scene always felt oddly creepy to me.

Last edited:
Agreed.

"Meta" is in Scream 1 when Sidney is on the phone with Ghostface saying she doesn't like horror movies because the killer is always chasing some dumb girl who runs up the stairs when she should be running out the front door...and then Sidney goes on to do exactly that and runs up the stairs when the killer starts chasing her. There are so many moments like that in the original films, proof that you can be self-aware and self-referential in more subtle ways than Scream 4.

Yes! Fully agree. Just from a personal point I think Scream and Scream 2 are the best. (Scream is perhaps a 9/10 and Scream 2 a 8/10 for me) The other 2 sequels I still enjoy but I have some problems with them.

What the original did great was that the meta-stuff was all about mocking other horror films and the tropes we usually see. The 'horror' element of the film itself was taken more seriously. Scream 2 I think did a good job of finding a balance of throwing in some jabs at the original as well while still maintaining that 'feel'.

However with Scream 3 and especially Scream 4 it feels like they went more overboard on the mocking of the own franchise and less about other films and as a result it got harder to take any parts of the films seriously. The opening of Scream 4 especially to me just did not work.

I also have a theory involving Hicks.

I think it's fair to say there's a good chance the killer in this film ends up being the spawn of Billy Loomis. That is not based on any spoilers or anything, just seems like a valid thing to speculate on when everything about this movie seems to be about tying back to the original film. So...what do we know about Hicks? We know she was classmates with Sid and Sid didn't remember her. Who's to say she couldn't have had an oopsie with Billy a few months before the original film? After the events of Scream, being a teenager and realizing that she's carrying the child of a psychopath, she gives up the child. The rest pretty much writes itself.

I'm just saying...I bet she's back for a reason. And it would be really cool for that creepy hallway scene with her and Sid to have a new context, if Hicks was harboring this dark secret. That scene always felt oddly creepy to me.

I personally hope that's not the case.

So far, the only officially released synopsis of the new Scream say that the film follows "a woman with a troubled past who returns to her hometown to find out who has been committing a series of vicious crimes."

Since there seems to be a big focus on tying this film to the events of the original Scream, I could totally see them bring in the illegitimate love child (daughter in this case) of Billy Loomis into the fold here. Billy was definitely horny as hell when he was in high school, and Sidney held out on giving him sex for at least 2 years. So it's definitely conceivable that sometime before he died, Billy may have unknowingly knocked up another girl at Woodsboro High -- whether it was Judy Hicks or some other random chick. If that is the case, this child would now be something like 25-26 years old.

However, I really hope they don't make the child of Billy Loomis the killer in this new film. I don't think that's the right move if they are trying to launch a new series of films that would likely carry on without the original trio of Sidney, Dewey, and Gale after this film. They need to move away from the killers all being related to Sidney and Billy and essentially having the same batch of motives -- revenge for being abandoned by a mother figure (Billy and Roman), revenge for Billy's death (Mrs. Loomis), revenge against Sidney for having a good life and getting so much attention (Roman and Jill), etc. Even Piper from the first season of the Scream show wound up being the child of Brandon James and half-sister of Emma.

Personally, if they are going to bring the offspring/daughter of Billy Loomis into this film, I think a better twist would be to let it be known at some point during the film that she is, in fact, the daughter of Billy Loomis. There could be some misdirects with characters thinking she may be the new killer because of her ties to Billy, but it turns out that she is NOT the killer at all and actually winds up being the new "final girl" or something. That would be something fresh and would allow the series to move forward without every killer being tied to Billy or Sidney, and would also allow for the new killers to have a more unique and unpredictable motive.

As for Judy Hicks, I believe Dylan Minette is playing her son in the film. I think they are good for red herring material and I think Judy having gone to high school with Sidney could be a way in to finding out what may or may not have gone on with Billy back in the day, but I don't think she'll wind up being the one to have his child, if that's the case.

But who knows! All complete speculation at this point and I have no idea what will happen. Will definitely be fun to see what they come up with this time.

Last edited:
I personally hope that's not the case.

So far, the only officially released synopsis of the new Scream say that the film follows "a woman with a troubled past who returns to her hometown to find out who has been committing a series of vicious crimes."

Since there seems to be a big focus on tying this film to the events of the original Scream, I could totally see them bring in the illegitimate love child (daughter in this case) of Billy Loomis into the fold here. Billy was definitely horny as hell when he was in high school, and Sidney held out on giving him sex for at least 2 years. So it's definitely conceivable that sometime before he died, Billy may have unknowingly knocked up another girl at Woodsboro High -- whether it was Judy Hicks or some other random chick. If that is the case, this child would now be something like 25-26 years old.

However, I really hope they don't make the child of Billy Loomis the killer in this new film. I don't think that's the right move if they are trying to launch a new series of films that would likely carry on without the original trio of Sidney, Dewey, and Gale after this film. They need to move away from the killers all being related to Sidney and Billy and essentially having the same batch of motives -- revenge for being abandoned by a mother figure (Billy and Roman), revenge for Billy's death (Mrs. Loomis), revenge against Sidney for having a good life and getting so much attention (Roman and Jill), etc. Even Piper from the first season of the Scream show wound up being the child of Brandon James and half-sister of Emma.

Personally, if they are going to bring the offspring/daughter of Billy Loomis into this film, I think a better twist would be to let it be known at some point during the film that she is, in fact, the daughter of Billy Loomis. There could be some misdirects with characters thinking she may be the new killer because of her ties to Billy, but it turns out that she is NOT the killer at all and actually winds up being the new "final girl" or something. That would be something fresh and would allow the series to move forward without every killer being tied to Billy or Sidney, and would also allow for the new killers to have a more unique and unpredictable motive.

As for Judy Hicks, I believe Dylan Minette is playing her son in the film. I think they are good for red herring material and I think Judy having gone to high school with Sidney could be a way in to finding out what may or may not have gone on with Billy back in the day, but I don't think she'll wind up being the one to have his child, if that's the case.

But who knows! All complete speculation at this point and I have no idea what will happen. Will definitely be fun to see what they come up with this time.

You raise a bunch of good points. I think we could be on the right track for possible ideas the movie will be playing with, but hopefully it will keep us on our toes about where it's all going until the third acts reveals. All the Scream movies have managed that for me. Even 4, while it wasn't quite as scary as I wanted it to be, it had a great twist that I really did not see coming. And granted, my theory is probably a bit too obvious. But then again the original film was pretty obvious with Billy! This movie is gonna have us going insane with reverse-psych-outs. :funny:

I think it would be a shocker if Ghostface was one of the black characters. In the horror genre black characters are typically the first to die but why not do something unexpected. It’s rare you hear about black ppl going on killing sprees but let’s not act like it hasn’t been done either. The DC sniper for example. In scream 2/3/4 Black characters were killed off so why not have one be the actual killer. IDK what his motive would be for going after Sidney. Honestly I can see Sidney returning to Woodsborrow to attend a funeral for Gayle or Dewey and from that moment Ghostface would have his or her chance to take out Sidney. Even tho I love the big 3 it would be a huge shocker if one of them was the opening kill.

I'll be blunt it wouldn't really be a good look if the killer was black for obvious reasons. If they did it they would be a change of pace but they may have it be a team up with like another white character or something.

Not another duo! We had that in 3/movies. I want one solo mastermind behind it all! Lol. And who do you think having a black killer would be wrong? I wouldn’t mind if the killer was Lgbtq ️‍! Black and lgbtq characters always get the shaft in these kinds of films so the way my mind works do directing that shock the fans! FYI I’m a black queer man

I'll be blunt it wouldn't really be a good look if the killer was black for obvious reasons. If they did it they would be a change of pace but they may have it be a team up with like another white character or something.

Come on now! That's pretty stupid thinking and actually racist because it wouldn't be "a good look".

It may be, but let's not pretend optics don't exist.

I think 3 killers is on the table for this one, as opposed to one or two. We'll see.

Has there ever been multiple killers but they aren't working together and so they don't know who else in the group is the other killer but both killers would play along.

No it has not... I think a Ghostface cult would be pretty cool....like they worship the character of ghost face or Billy and Stu...

Has there ever been multiple killers but they aren't working together and so they don't know who else in the group is the other killer but both killers would play along.

Not yet, but I might like something like that. 2 killers working together but a secret 3rd killer on the loose working independently — kind of like Doofy in Scary Movie. LOL

No it has not... I think a Ghostface cult would be pretty cool....like they worship the character of ghost face or Billy and Stu...

A cult of killers was the original plan for Scream 3, with Stu orchestrating the crimes from behind bars. Williamson wound up using that idea for his show “The Following”.

SCREAM-5-Ghost-Face-Williamson-and-Harris.jpg

A cult of killers was the original plan for Scream 3, with Stu orchestrating the crimes from behind bars. Williamson wound up using that idea for his show “The Following”.

aaahhh ok and season one of The Following was everything!!!!

Same, but I'm really glad that they've done a great job of preventing major spoilers and plot details from leaking. That's why I'm kind of shocked about Williamson openly sharing the picture in front of Stu's house. That would have been a great surprise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"