Scream 5 in Development

So this is actually happening.

Oooh, they're filming in Wilmington too. Nice.

Scream 3 isn't even that bad to me. Not a dumpster fire anyway.

I enjoy it but, come on, it’s bad through and through.

Scream 3 is not really good but has really good moments and I like what they did with Sydney. I do love it anyway.

Scream 4 I think is highly-underrated.

1) Scream [...still can't believe I saw this in theaters at 8yo]
It's simply a masterpiece. Many films can't pull off either of the comedy or the horror, let alone together as well... over 20 years later. Sidney stands right next to Laurie Strode.

2) Scream 2
A little more messy than the first, not as good of villains (but acting was good). Sidney's arc continues even more... Gale/Ghostface in the "studio" is still top 3 franchise moment. The meta was built upon even more and adding to the overall series' ideas. The additions to the ensemble aren't as strong (even tough Olyphant redeems himself with the last 10 years plus of acting) as the original crew.

3) Scre4m
Decent comeback... I wish Wes would have killed Gale or Dewey. Sidney being more on the offensive makes sense, she's always been the badass. The new "group" aren't as strongly written as the originals, but don't feel too gimmicky of "replicating" the originals either which is nice. Also, think Wes didn't go into social media as much as he should have considering the commentary on cell phones/home video Scream 1 and Scream 2 created/had. While the commentary on remakes/reboots was on point, even a head of it's time a little.

4) Scream 3
Really messy and all over the place for a plot and ghost face agenda... but, I love anything dealing with Sidney is this film. In a way I'd cut back on the "movie production" yet it could have been stronger and more influential on the film/franchise. Also, never understood why its "Stab 3 based off of nothing" and not "Stab 2 based off of Scream 2" ala Stab 2/Scream. The first time the comedy bombs, doesn't work - I will say the opening with Cotton (RIP) is legendary for the franchise and the whole fake Ghostface hiding within the rack of Ghostface costumes is a top 5 moment. The one thing I didn't like initially was Parker Posey, but it has aged the best or has gotten better through the years. The Grey's Anatomy cop guy was unnecessary and while the whole step brother revenge plot was convoluted... I still get the feels when Sidney and Roman fight.

Scream 3 is the weakest, but despite it becoming the thing that the first two were poking fun at, it's still fun.

Yeah, I have a lot of nostalgia with Scream 3 even though it's the weakest overall. The nightmare sequence with Maureen Prescott used to scare the crap out of me when I was a kid, if I'm being honest. It's just such a fun franchise.

Great news about David Arquette coming back. I also just saw that Kevin Williamson is an EP on the film. That's encouraging. Regardless of how it turns out, it sounds like this will be the surviving Scream family attempting to honor Wes' legacy. I'd easily take that over a reboot with all new people who had nothing to do with the originals.

Super pumped this is really happening. Can’t wait to get a sense of what it will be about.

This feels, at best, really pointless without Wes Craven, he was the only one who could have done semi-reboot/reunion as well as he did in Scream 4 and after that there's really no place to go.

Of the past films, I think 1 was the best but 3 and 4 were really solid, 3 almost as good as 1, and 2 was the only one that felt pretty lacking and too much the same.

We've already got the word reboot being thrown around for this obvious sequel or perhaps requel that does partial retconning. I roll my eyes when someone tags this as a reboot. By these people's logic the Force Awakens rebooted Star Wars just by having a new lead even though it's not remotely a reboot of anything. Interwebs coverage lulz.

It is strange to notice how, in just the past few years, “reboot” has basically become the one-size-fits-all term for any new franchise entry.

They tried peddling the “reboot” theme in Scream 4, so I doubt they’ll follow the same approach.

As this is my favorite franchise of all time I am very excited. My only slight worry is James Vanderbilt as he is very hit (Zodiac) or VERY miss (Independence Day Resurgence). I think we are in good hands overall though and I truly believe Wes would want the series to continue if handled with respect.

Damn, this is still a thing?

Damn, this is still a thing?

They have directors, a script, and a production start goal.

They should've secured Neve Campbell by now -- I hope it's not an issue of not paying her what she's asking for and simply a matter of scheduling and stringent COVID protocols before she signs on.

Rewatching all 4 of the movies. They never get old for me, so I'm pumped for Scream 5. I read recently from a character description listing that the original cast will have small roles, so I wonder how that'll work.

So is this one going to be called 5cream?

LOL just typing that out, it looks like some creepy incel troll message board.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"