Supergirl Season 3, Episode 15: "In Search of Lost Time" (SPOILERS)

LL2K2

Maid of Might
Reaction score
Official description released:

J’ONN HAS TO FACE THE TRUTH ABOUT HIS FATHER - When M’yrnn (guest star Carl Lumbly) inadvertently causes psychic disturbances at the DEO, Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) must work with J’onn (David Harewood) to contain the resulting chaos. Meanwhile, Mon-El (Chris Wood) begins training Kara in fighting techniques he’s learned in the future for battling Worldkillers. Andi Armaganian directed this episode with story by Eric Carrasco and teleplay by Katie Rose Rogers & Nicki Holcomb (#315).

Ok, I get that the writers are bound and determined to turn Mon-El into ~the awesomest guy ever~ this season, but now he's training Kara? No bueno. Also, what's with these descriptions leaving out what's happening with the Lena/Reign situation (aka the part most relevant to the main arc of the season)? They'd better not be sitting these episodes out after that cliffhanger.

Last edited:
I like the suit, though.

Mon_El4.jpg

They took a spare Superman suit and painted with Mon-El colors in reverse?

Pretty much.

But I like it! Though it definitely needs a crest.

And they are releasing a new poster for this episode.

They took a spare Superman suit and painted with Mon-El colors in reverse?

Which happens in the comics
jbVV4xt.jpg

But I think it looks most like the one of the far left with some stripes and the glyph outline.

JxAsH81.jpg

Last edited:
I really like the shade of red they used. Very regal.

Pretty much.

But I like it! Though it definitely needs a crest.

And they are releasing a new poster for this episode.

I don't think they'd put a crest though, as it would look too much like Superman. But then there is a Superman-shaped crest that looks like it has been removed from the costume before they dyed it red.

I don't think they'd put a crest though, as it would look too much like Superman. But then there is a Superman-shaped crest that looks like it has been removed from the costume before they dyed it red.
I think there’s a blank crest for two reasons. First since he denounced his blood family last season he has no house anymore. Second it looks like a Kryptonian crest to honor Kara who is his inspiration, his dark LoH jacket has a blank crest too. I don’t think Daxamites wore thier house crests like Kryptonians or Rhea would’ve done so. If it turns out that Winn makes the red suit, and I hope he does, then it makes sense that he would model it after Superman’s. I said this when I saw Superman’s suit last season but it’s totally believable that Superman fanboy Winn designed Kara’s suit to complement her cousins. Those suits are custom made for the actor and stunt double so they didn’t take Tyler’s Superman suit and dye it. Tyler’s suit is probably in wardrobe waiting in case DC allows Superman to be used and Tyler is available. Chris hinted last year that a suit had been made if so it’s likely the same one.

I think there’s a blank crest for two reasons. First since he denounced his blood family last season he has no house anymore. Second it looks like a Kryptonian crest to honor Kara who is his inspiration, his dark LoH jacket has a blank crest too. I don’t think Daxamites wore thier house crests like Kryptonians or Rhea would’ve done so. If it turns out that Winn makes the red suit, and I hope he does, then it makes sense that he would model it after Superman’s. I said this when I saw Superman’s suit last season but it’s totally believable that Superman fanboy Winn designed Kara’s suit to complement her cousins. Those suits are custom made for the actor and stunt double so they didn’t take Tyler’s Superman suit and dye it. Tyler’s suit is probably in wardrobe waiting in case DC allows Superman to be used and Tyler is available. Chris hinted last year that a suit had been made if so it’s likely the same one.

Why is Superman suddenly not allowed to be used anymore? It's not like they're really going anywhere with the movie version at the moment. Also, even when Cavill's version looked more like he still had a future, Hoechlin still was able to be Superman in Season 2. What has changed?

It may have more to do with Tyler Hoechlin's availability than WB's allowance of Superman in Supergirl.

Why is Superman suddenly not allowed to be used anymore? It's not like they're really going anywhere with the movie version at the moment. Also, even when Cavill's version looked more like he still had a future, Hoechlin still was able to be Superman in Season 2. What has changed?
Relax DR I didn't say Superman isn't allowed to be used anymore. Berlanti Productions always needs special permission from DC to use Superman, that hasn't changed. They need DC's permission to use every character on the show except Alex Danvers because DC owns the copyrights to those characters. If Berlanti Productions used any comic cannon character without permission they would be in violation of copyright laws.
It may have more to do with Tyler Hoechlin's availability than WB's allowance of Superman in Supergirl.
Agreed if Tyler isn't available, and he seems to be a busy guy, then there's no point in asking for permission to use Superman.

Yep and they can only get away with the made-for-tv characters without permission.

Looking at the extended trailer, next week's episode is going to be a good one. I think everyone in the DEO will be affected by J'onn's father's psychic outburst.

Does Saturn Girl also have a comic accurate costume? It would be nice if they gave her one. But I don't think they probably will.

Sneak Peek #1

'Twas an alien bar brawl. And to be fair, SHE wasn't called, Alex was.

I don’t like Lena keeping Sam prisoner. Reign has been the best thing about season 3, they should give her as much scree time as possible.

A whole fight scene centered around capes lol.

Finally someone brings up Winn just moving in and becoming top dog at DEO.

So no one hears or thinks to break up argument between Finn and random DEO agent #4?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"