Arrow Season 4 Predictions

Fair enough, different strokes and all that. The show is becoming extremely illogical and a few of the characters are becoming very annoying. I think those things I mentioned would fix alot of those problems. To each their own.

I think if a show were bothering me that much I'd just stop watching.

I think if a show were bothering me that much I'd just stop watching.

It wasn't before this season and I will stop watching it if Season 4 is as bad as this season was.

Be that as it may, I struggle to see how Diggle could possibly be a problem. :huh:

All he does is complain or lecture people. Besides Felicity he is the most annoying character on the show. He's been either boring or annoying the whole Series really.

Last edited:
And 99% of the time, Diggle is entirely right to be calling out Ollie, because Ollie *is* being an idiot. If your definition of "annoying" is "not simply granting affirmation to the hero because they are the hero" then I don't know what to say.

I want the next big crossover to be about their own version of the Crime Syndicate and have Team Flash and Team Arrow team up to bring them down.

And 99% of the time, Diggle is entirely right to be calling out Ollie, because Ollie *is* being an idiot. If your definition of "annoying" is "not simply granting affirmation to the hero because they are the hero" then I don't know what to say.

Which is why one of my other suggestions was for "Oliver to grow a brain". Would make both characters better. Oliver wouldn't make so many illogical decisions and Diggle wouldn't have to be constantly whining.

This. Diggle is the moral compass of the team. And Ollie isn't always an "idiot," per se (though he is more than once in a while), but Diggle still always provides a different look at things–and especially in S1, when Ollie wanted to do things his way and put an arrow into the throat of anyone who so much as looked at him funny.

While I'm not exactly counting on this to happen, I still hope that Marc and company will do better when it comes to telling a more cohesive story and arc for the characters, where their actions are motivated by some sensible logic.

Prediction: Lots of Felicity and Diggle being annoying. Lots of bad dialogue. Lots of illogical contrivances. Dinah still in the background doing mostly nothing. Increase in cheesy comedy and a lighter tone. Felicity and Oliver's relationship to be as annoying as ever and the Diggle bromance to be fixed after 2 episodes tops. Of course bad stuff will start happening and Felicity and Diggle will start lecturing Oliver and whining about everything all over again. Merlyn will play a huge role in whatever happens even though he should have been dead ages ago. Oliver will make many decisions that make no sense. The villains will continue to have dumb reasons for doing whatever it is they do.

What I want to happen: Hire new writers. Reduce Felicity and Diggle's roles to next to nothing or kill them off. Dinah to become the lead female character, Roy to come back. Have Nyssa kill Merlyn in Episode 1, don't bring him back. Oliver grows a brain. Oliver, Dinah, Roy and Thea become "Team Arrow". City gets officially renamed to Star City, Starling is never mentioned again. Dump the opening monologue, ditch the phrases "You failed this City", "I needed to become someone else, something else", "I started this Crusade". Get a good actor to play the villain, give them a motivation that actually makes sense, a plan that isn't ******ed, henchmen that are actually useful and give them an ending that isn't anti-climatic. Keep the show serious and make the comedy more realistic/organic. Give Oliver a new costume that doesn't look like a generic green jacket with a hood.

giphy.gif

It wasn't before this season and I will stop watching it if Season 4 is as bad as this season was.

this is where I am also with this show.

I really hope they get it together next season cause I don't want to stop watching Arrow.

They get rid of Diggle and I'll seriously consider not watching anymore. He's one of the most consistently good things about it. Not 100%, but more than pretty much any other main character.

They get rid of Diggle and I'll seriously consider not watching anymore. He's one of the most consistently good things about it. Not 100%, but more than pretty much any other main character.

:up:

this is where I am also with this show.

I really hope they get it together next season cause I don't want to stop watching Arrow.

Same here.

I'm not too worried right now, because Guggenheim won't be doing everything on his own next season. With any luck, the new co-showrunner will be able to help him right the ship.

Oh no..... Based on her olicity tweets, I'm scared for season 4.

I'm hoping that now that they've finally gone and stuck the two together, their relationship will become less anoying. I think it was the constant "I love you but I can't be with you" nonsense that was the core of the problem.

Sooooo we're judging her ability to write the show based on her fan interactions and not the episodes she's written. OK then.

Sooooo we're judging her ability to write the show based on her fan interactions and not the episodes she's written. OK then.

It's the Hype, why are you even surprised?

It's the Hype, why are you even surprised?

I don't believe everyone's claims that Marc is just pandering to the Tumblr kids. I think he likes Felicity as a character and this is the story he wants to tell now, whether or not people like it is another thing. But if he was... I wouldn't blame him. They tell him they love the show and make him fanart and whatnot. And if they're displeased they just say so. The other viewers I've seen live in a perpetual state of pessimism, Hell, on Twitter I've seen a few people calling him a piece of **** to his face for upping Felicity's screentime and ruining the character by making him too much like Batman.

Despite the fact that being like Batman is as close to the character's roots as you can get since those were the creators' intentions.

What do people think of Hal Jordon showing up? I mean if the rumors are true that there will be two Barry Allen then two hal Jordon one that not part of a green lantern corp should not be a problem

I don't believe everyone's claims that Marc is just pandering to the Tumblr kids. I think he likes Felicity as a character and this is the story he wants to tell now, whether or not people like it is another thing. But if he was... I wouldn't blame him. They tell him they love the show and make him fanart and whatnot. And if they're displeased they just say so. The other viewers I've seen live in a perpetual state of pessimism, Hell, on Twitter I've seen a few people calling him a piece of **** to his face for upping Felicity's screentime and ruining the character by making him too much like Batman.

Despite the fact that being like Batman is as close to the character's roots as you can get since those were the creators' intentions.

There's nothing worse than this kind of stuff. Respectful criticism rules.

Yeah, Guggenheim absolutely deserves to be criticised, but kind of stuff is atrocious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"