Season 6, Episode 3 "Oathbreaker" Discussion Thread

The more I watch the scene where Umber's talking to Ramsay, the more I think Umber's playing the role of double agent. If I wanted to keep my skin and leave the option of turncloaking open, I'd say something like what Umber did when Ramsay asked for his pledge.

On the off chance that Umber's loyal to Ramsay, it certainly makes sense to execute the direwolf. Otherwise you'd have the potential for it to escape, and then they'd all look like fools for not killing it to begin with.

You're probably right, but I don't know about a reunion with those three. If I was Gendry, I would steer well clear of the operational zone of the Brotherhood that sold me away, and IIRC he was headed back to King's Landing anyway in that rowboat. Perhaps that's where he'll run into Arya since she most definitely has an agenda there!

He could go back to KL, but are the Lannisters still looking for him?

For a harmless young man there sure are a lot of people who want him dead.

He could go back to KL, but are the Lannisters still looking for him?

For a harmless young man there sure are a lot of people who want him dead.

Joffrey was the one who ordered Robert's bastards slain, and now he's gone. The Goldcloaks led by Janos Slynt (removed shortly afterwards by Tyrion and executed at CB by Jon Snow) looked for Gendry at the blacksmith's and found he'd gone North with the NW recruiter, and then Arya told them that the dead, blonde kid (who happened to be carrying Gendry's bull helm at the time) was Gendry, so they think he's dead, and they never knew what he looked like in the first place so he can't be identified. Gendry grew up in KL and probably has buddies in Fleabottom that could help him stay on the down low too if that's even necessary at this point.

Last edited:
Supposedly they were talking about a Roberts Rebellion mini-series, so that may happen.

Nice, I didn't know that! We've been talking about it here off and on but I hadn't heard that they were seriously considering it.

I doubt there will be a Robert's Rebellion mini series. they have discussed it enough to warrant skipping it.. Dunk & Egg however...

Dunk and Egg as Sherlock style, yearly miniseries or HBO telemovies makes more sense at this point. Both GRRM and D&D don't like the idea of a Robert's Rebellion show for some reason.

"for some reason"

It's because Mark Addy can't lose 20 years. No one can replace a Mark Addy. NO ONE.

Come on. Addy was great but they could get away with a younger actor playing a young Robert. They did well with casting young Ned.

I was joking lol why the hell would I want Mark Addy to come back for a prequel.

It's just that they aren't going to do one. I've been saying Matt Nable for young Barristan is beyond perfect for years.

Nah... Robert was a bad ass during the rebellion, not a fat man.

"My watch has ended." So badass.

I assume he's gonna go south to Winterfell and clean house, saving Rickon (with any luck). He's probably gotta meet up with Bran at some point so he can learn the truth about his parentage. Sansa isn't too far off, maybe its about time we see a Stark family reunion.

Now that they have introduced Howland Reed[blackout] he may be the one that tells Jon about his true parentage. [/blackout]

Or Bran will. We know hes not staying north for much longer. Triple Stark reunion???

LOL NOT

I feel like the writing in these last two seasons has really declined in quality. Judging by the headlines, I'm not alone. Also, the fight choreography has really declined. Having the guy fight with two swords of the same length was just stupid.

well they have been going away from GRRMs books so yeah they don't have much of a template to use now

Why wasn't Ned using Ice? That annoyed me.

Maybe he didn't get ice at the time because of the rebellion and all... Assuming Ice was with his brother and dad in KL...

Was it Ice in season 1 he used to fight Jaime? They never make any mention of his sword until Tywin melts it down.

They treated it as a ceremonial blade in the show. In the books though it's mentioned that Robert had his great Hammer and Ned had Ice.

I take it he is no longer actively involved in writing the script?

He hasn't been actively involved with show since the end of season 4. He actually said that he didn't know how they were handling season 5 until they shot it and showed him the episodes. With Season 6 he's been going in as blind as the fans.

It was nice to see Rickon and Osha again. Not much in captivity, especially with Ramsay involved. And Shaggydog, man.

It's kinda weird seeing flashbacks on this show now.

Yeah Rickon has never had a place on this TV show(book may differ), he never did anything or even contributed to any story. They can kill him safely to maintain their image as a very gory TV show without actually losing any potential...

Why wasn't Ned using Ice? That annoyed me.

I also wonder why there were only two of the Kingsguard instead of three at the tower. While it still would have been an unfair fight in terms of numbers, it wouldn't have felt THAT unfair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"