The Flash The Flash Season 5, Episode 9 - “Elseworlds pt.1”

Remy Zero!

I had a lot of fun with this episode. Smallville scenes were the highlight for me. It was nice seeing the farm scenes shot differently.

I was wondering if Amazo would be more like his DCAU version or the YJ one.

Darn I completely forgot this started tonight and forgot to set my dvr to recored has normally I only watch the flash when it comes to the cw shows.

One thing is for sure - both Lois and Iris dislike Oliver.

I had a lot of fun with this episode (crossover events in general rarely if ever disappoint). Looking forward to Arrow tomorrow night!

Haven't had the chance to watch it yet, but I'm really looking forward to it. I hope we'll get to see as little as possible of Team Flash and Arrow. Like somebody else said, you get the characters at their best in these crossover events, when they are away from their Teams. I think I will really stick to watching nothing but the CW cross-over events, unless I hear really good things about the shows.

Loved it. Especially the interaction between Lois and Clark. More please.

Am slightly concerned about how they will handle Gotham. It’s such a huge thing for them to bring in. I hope they don’t screw it up.

Oliver puffing his chest out when meeting Clark is my fav scene of this episode. Honestly I laughed out loud when I watched this scene.

Anyway this was a pretty fun episode. I enjoyed that Barry finally took revenge against Oliver during the training segment, like Barry I was laughing too at Oliver and I agree with Lois that Oliver is a jerk. But it's great that both Barry and Oliver gained a better understanding on how they operate. Grant delivery of “Amazo You have failed this city” was perfect and you can tell that Barry always wanted to say the "you have failed this city" line for years like the fanboy he is.

Amazo was fine but at times the CGI was unconvincing. I can safely say that Tyler Hoechlin is my favourite Superman/Clark Kent, this Superman is so charming and I liked his dynamic with Lois. Bitsie Tulloch was pretty good as Lois and I hope we see more of her in the next two parts of this crossover.

Hopefully Gotham in the next episode will be awesome and that Batwoman makes a good first impression. Overall a very good episode and I was happy to hear the Smallville theme song so I gotta thank the writers for that fan service.

Darn I completely forgot this started tonight and forgot to set my dvr to recored has normally I only watch the flash when it comes to the cw shows.

That’s odd because I’m the same as you and only watch Flash. But since is a Flash episode my DVR recorded it.

Pretty solid episode but honestly Did superman need to tag along for that?

Actually, yes so we can see how this is better than the Justice League movie and redeem him from Supergirl’s 2nd season finale.

Amazo was nice to see even though he was defeated in 5 minutes and Team Flash forgot that there were a bunch of heroes in Star City that they've worked with throughout the years that could help them.

Not sure why we had to be subjected to Sherloque who is the worst Flash character to ever exist.

And boo to Batwoman being on E1. It is high time that they start expanding Earth-38 unless we are doing away with the Multiverse next year.

So what would be the point of having a Flash-centered part of the crossover and just bringing in the likes of Dinah, Rene, Curtis, and so on when then folks would, in turn, gripe and say 'Well, why are they bringing in Team Arrow when that time could go to the crossover and bringing in Kara and Clark'?

Wouldn't bringing more heroes in just make Amazo more dangerous? Don't they always try in the comics to avoid having too many heroes around Amazo?

Wouldn't bringing more heroes in just make Amazo more dangerous? Don't they always try in the comics to avoid having too many heroes around Amazo?
I would just get the superpower-less tech wiz's.

Actually, yes so we can see how this is better than the Justice League movie and redeem him from Supergirl’s 2nd season finale.

I wouldnt go as far as justice league but in terms of comicbook goofiness it was noce seeing a colorful superman and flash fighting side by side.

So what would be the point of having a Flash-centered part of the crossover and just bringing in the likes of Dinah, Rene, Curtis, and so on when then folks would, in turn, gripe and say 'Well, why are they bringing in Team Arrow when that time could go to the crossover and bringing in Kara and Clark'?

When your city is getting trashed you call help that is in the city over. You can still call hop to an entirely different world as well but it makes sense to try locally first. But this is the same team who locked up Barry/Oliver when they came to them for help.

I thoroughly enjoyed this ep, but there were a few head scratchers:

--Barry wasn't taking it seriously until he discovered Oliver was in bed with Iris. Why didn't he wake up next to Felicity?
--Why would the dimensional breach thingie take them to Smallville? The last time they went to E-38 they jumped into Kara's empty apartment.
--3 super-powered people and you need an archer to jam something into Amazo's head? Yeah, right.
--Is anyone going to look into why this Amazo robot was being created and for what purpose?
--What other changes did Professor Weirdo make on E-1? Surely not just this 2-hero juxtaposition mostly happening for comedic purposes?

That was real fun! Even the silly bits I couldn't help but laugh and enjoy (found Gustin's "You have failed this city" a little forced and cringey, personally), and I'm liking Tyler Hoechlin more and more as Superman, while I still don't think he has "the right face" (to me, Cavill has the perfect Superman face, even more so than Reeve), I'm well aware of my bias and I really like his performance.

While the show still suffers from the superpowered characters not really using their abilities to their full potential or in the most practical/smartest way (which is of course, a product of budget limitations) it's still enjoyable and I'm looking forward to the rest of the crossover.

My favorite part was seeing how obviously Gustin and particularly Amell were having fun with it; since Amell rarely has the opportunity to play it comedic in his show, he was just hilarious in this episode.

Just hope we don't get any more moments of Team Flash acting like idiots. Other than that, I really enjoyed the Episode.

The ratings are in and while they are good for Sunday, for a crossover ep they are bad. Let's see if it's just the timeslot that hurt. 1.8/0.6

Man, that was great.

It really picked up once they got to Smallville.
(Thanks for Save Me by Remy Zero. My favorite part of the episode)

Loved seeing the Kent Farm again and Hoechlin's Superman continues to win me over.

Really looking forward to part 2 tonight and getting introduced to Gotham and Batwoman.

I like the smaller cast compared to last year's crossover.

Ralph with the "It's not even Tuesday yet" was awesome.

Yes, yes he did!:D After all, someone had to hold Amazo's right arm!

I just think we could have done without Clark remarking that he thought they could have done it without him. I know it was just him being modest, but it actually gave a flashback to him getting a beat down from Supergirl. Just a small quibble though!:yay:

I thoroughly enjoyed this ep, but there were a few head scratchers:

--Barry wasn't taking it seriously until he discovered Oliver was in bed with Iris. Why didn't he wake up next to Felicity?
--Why would the dimensional breach thingie take them to Smallville? The last time they went to E-38 they jumped into Kara's empty apartment.
--3 super-powered people and you need an archer to jam something into Amazo's head? Yeah, right.
--Is anyone going to look into why this Amazo robot was being created and for what purpose?
--What other changes did Professor Weirdo make on E-1? Surely not just this 2-hero juxtaposition mostly happening for comedic purposes?

1) I took from that, that Oliver gets up a lot earlier than Barry and was already sparring with Diggle. Barry slept in that day.
2) a) Time constraint b) In that Supergirl ep they showed the vortex opening in a couple of different places before they finally arrived at her apartment.
3) Yeah, I know... But then it was Barry's plan, and being the Arrow in that ep and his chosen weapon is the bow... I'd give it to them.
4) That's a good point and hopefully when the Flash comes back on they'll deal with that.
5) I too am hoping it's more than just a Barry/Oliver switch. But then we will see Black Suit Superman, so I'm thinking they were just the start.

Watched it again this morning on the CW website. My local station was messing up during the airing, so it was cool to finally see the introduction scene. Oliver puffing up was funny, and Barry calling him on it and Oliver casually admitting that he was was pretty cool.

I really liked Elizabeth Tulloch as Lois. She did a damn fine job and I'm really hoping this crossover is not going to be the last time we see her in the part. I heard she was/is pregnant during the filming, explaining the slightly baggier clothes to cover the bump. Her and Heochlin's chemistry was immediate for me. They were very sweet together. C'mon CW, let's get a Superman series going now!

My one drawback, was that Amazo was not intrinsic to the overall story line. He was basically a secondary arc. I would have liked this a whole lot more if they were concentrating on the main plot, that being the Monitor and et al, rather than bringing in side lines to fill it out. This first ep could have focused on them realizing that the world was changing around them because of what Deegan was doing with the book.

But, my thoughts are that is was still great. A solid 9!!

I just finished it wow, wow ****ing wow. I am blown away by what I’ve just watched.

- I wasn’t expecting the episode to open with that Flash Earth 90 scene again, but it’s so good I don’t care.
- The Monitor is ****ing cool. Great casting there.
- Oliver and Barry swapping places was absolutely hilarious.
- I loved Oliver laughing at Barry’s thumb.
- I’m so glad Oliver called Barry out on that **** with Iris and his inspirational speeches lol
- “Somebody Save Me” that part was my favourite of the whole episode.
- the chemistry between Clark and Lois wasn’t wonderful.
- speaking of Bitsie Tulloch was amazing as Lois Lane.
- Superman shirt rip on the farm! Epic! I also loved that he said “a friend” when Cisco asked who he was.
- I can’t believe we got to see Superman, Supergirl, Flash and Green Arrow team up against Amazo!

Questions and thoughts I’m left with?

- How does Superman factor into Part 2? It’s gotta next the black suited version if it is.
- What was Clark gonna tell Kara on the truck?
- I cannot wait to see Batwoman and what surprises they have for us in Gotham.

Yeah, from the looks of it, this Superman might not show up again until the ending of the third part, and probably no more than a cap-off of the event. As to what he was going to say to Kara, some are speculating that he may be about the ask Lois the question...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"