Season 7, Episode 6 "Beyond the Wall" Discussion Thread

No, I don't despise it. There's still some good stuff here. But for a show that used to be so amazing, and based off of such interesting source material, the drop-off has been disappointing to say the least.

Me personally, I watch it for the good stuff, and because I'm a completist. when I start something, I like to finish it.

But I don't believe in "you don't like it, so just don't watch" because I feel like that almost gives the creators a pass. Instead of calling out what you think the problems are, you just leave and then only the die hards remain. And it becomes little more than an echo chamber.

Which in a way isn't fair to the writers/creators either.

I don't think that stance gives the creators a pass at all. To stop watching something is the ultimate rejection of it so I don't see how that could be a pass. Especially since it's not like what we say here will be criticism that's used to improve what we saw.

The stance is rather saying that time is valuable so don't spend it on things you don't like. We aren't creative consultants so the choices we make are for ourselves alone, not for the show.

Note that I'm not telling anyone to do anything, or how to spend their time, I'm just stating my views on the concept.

he never actually said hey lets go north of the wall. but sure i guess... regardless.... my point is Jon isn't the idiot who came up with this plan.
Then why go on a suicide mission? Jorah knows he has no chance with Dany whatsover. But then again he loves Dany so much he wants to see her happy with someone better than Daario.

Honestly they are all acting stupid but it's hard for me to single anyone other than Sandor out after that rocks throwing scene.

the man gets bored. needs chicken. entertainment. alcohol. and chicken.

13yehyfmp9hz.gif

I thought Clarke's reaction to Viserion's death was her best acting to date.

Arya is full on banana-pants. Sad to say but all the mistreatment Sansa suffered seems to have been preparing her for dealing with what little monsters her younger siblings have become.

If this doesn't end with Sansa and Arya standing together over Littlefinger's bleeding lifeless corpse, then it'll have been a total waste.

Someone on Reddit made a good point... how come the ice was thick enough for the walkers to cross it after a few hours, but not after months/years of freezing? Some awfully convenient writing in that storyline :funny:

the ice layer becomes thinner during the day because of the sun and thicker during the night.

If this doesn't end with Sansa and Arya standing together over Littlefinger's bleeding lifeless corpse, then it'll have been a total waste.

True. Eventually someone needs to cotton on to Littlefinger's BS.

These characters need to die

White Walkers
Littlefinger
Cersei

Robin Arryn is probably going to be a problem when his older. He is prone to temper tantrums and seems really into moon door murdering people. Robin could be a future Joffery.

You'd think the Night King would be aware of this?

Unless his plan all along was to wait them out until the dragons came.

The fact that he conveniently had magic, ice javelins with him and that he's wise to Bran's presence in things, makes me think that was the case.

He also carried an enormous chain with him. That dude is prepared.

I want more information on the NK to determine how he was so prepared.

I figure the White Walkers brought the giant chains for the Wall. Either to pull down the gates or to try to pull down part of the Wall.

They know they can't pull down the wall or go through it. Maybe this is too easy, but if someone uses the dragon to go over the wall they can just open the gate from the other side.

The Night King could easily torch the Night's Watch in 3 seconds at this point. That may be too pro-active for him, though. lol

They know they can't pull down the wall or go through it./b]Maybe this is too easy, but if someone uses the dragon to go over the wall they can just open the gate from the other side.

The Night King probably knows Bran went through the Wall so he may have thought he and his army could pass through the Wall or its gates.

They know they can't pull down the wall or go through it. Maybe this is too easy, but if someone uses the dragon to go over the wall they can just open the gate from the other side.

This is GoT, son. NK will use his new dragon to burn down the wall.

This is GoT, son. NK will use his new dragon to burn down the wall.

If that's possible the builders really ****ed up by not making it immune to fire. They cast all kinds of spells but anti-fire wasn't one of them... who knows.

Someone on Reddit made a good point... how come the ice was thick enough for the walkers to cross it after a few hours, but not after months/years of freezing? Some awfully convenient writing in that storyline :funny:

The White Walkers do bring the cold with them, so on that account it could have gotten colder while they were there. That small lake should have been frozen pretty deep given the current climate though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"