Secret Six official discussion thread

Yes! :woot: Great minds think alike! *high five*

:up: :woot: :up:

It be one of the reasons I am a Batwoman and Scandal Savage fangirl

Hawt redheads in leather > everything else

The End of Secret Six??

suicidesquad_cover_2498710928570987987asdfhjakjhskaf.jpg

Harley Quinn! Deadshot! King Shark! They’re a team of death-row super villains recruited by the government to take on missions so dangerous – they’re sheer suicide! Who will be the first to crack under the pressure? Find out in SUICIDE SQUAD #1, written by Adam Glass (FLASHPOINT: LEGION OF DOOM) with art by Marco Rudy (THE SHIELD).

Gotta say, what we can see of Deadshot's new costume, I kinda like it. Got an anime feel to it. However, the thought of no more Gail Simone's Secret Six for the foreseeable future - damn :(

Issue #2: Deadbot learns there may be room in his circuits... for love. :csad:

Gail Simone's announcement regarding Secret Six

I guess the cat is out of the bag.

Secret Six is no more as of issue 36.

I know this book is more than just another comic book to a lot of people, and I'm sorry to deliver the bad news. Due to the information rollout plan, I have known about this for a while, but was unfortunately not able to announce it.

Secret Six was a book with no stars, no a-list, or even b-list characters. It did not have Batman in it. It did not have a Green Lantern.

What it had was some of the most hardcore readership I have ever seen in comics. Because of them, we outlasted all other Infinite Crisis spin-off series, we topped the New York Times Bestseller graphic novel list just a couple weeks ago, all the trade paperbacks have been in demand and in print, and routinely were reviewed as one of the best comics DC put out month after month after month.

On behalf of everyone who worked on this book, I want to thank those readers. In this market, there is no way that a book starring CATMAN, of all people, should even exist, let alone be the favorite read of so many pros, readers, and critics. More comics pros and staffers from all companies told me it was their favorite DC book than anything else I have ever worked on. I think the message was that there was room for outsider comics even during a time when the focus is so intent on the icon characters.

Thank you.

I am not mad at DC in any way. They not only took a chance on a book and character set that sounded absolutely ridiculous in the outline form, but they stood by with very little interference even when it was most clear that we weren't going to be doing many of the things that would have followed the usual superteam recipe.

DC has been lovely all the way with this book. They allowed content that frankly surprised me again and again and offered little but encouragement and support the entire time. Believe me, when you go up to a major publisher and say you want your team book to be headed up by Catman, it takes a leap of faith to say, "Okay, run with it." But they did.

They never blinked at the lgbtq content. They never asked us to tone anything down. For a book that had lots of filth, sex, violence, perversion, and talking sharks, they never asked us to pull it back a little. The let us push the envelope, right off the cliff and down into the ravine. And mostly, they let an oddly personal book out onto the unsuspecting public.

And that is one of the big reasons DC has my loyalty.

I have to also add, unlike other times I have experienced and witnessed, they were extremely good about the cancellation. Mike Marts and Eddie Berganza called me in person while I was in Australia, and were very kind and remorseful, and had nothing but positive things to say. It helped a great deal.

Also, unlike some other titles in the pre-relaunch landscape, the editors went out of their way to let us end the book the way it should be ended. They allowed us enough issues to wrap the storyline the way we wanted, with our team intact. It can't even be expressed how important that was to me, and they made sure it happened. And trust me, this last issue, even if you don't read the book regularly, you want this. Because the editors went out of their way to make it special, as well.

It's a book that meant a great deal to a lot of people, myself included. I often felt more sympathy and admiration for those poor loser bastards in the Six than for the big name guys in capes and cowls.

I'm amazed it saw print at all, but delighted that their are something like eight trade paperback collections of this out there for people to read for years to come.

I don't want to get maudlin, so I'll just say thanks again to everyone who ever read and supported this book. I'm going to thank some people in the next post down who helped make the book unique, so if you hate Oscar speeches, you can stop right here.

Thanks, everyone.

And King Shark? Turns out he's a SHARK.

damn, damn, damn :'(

Very gracious. I'm glad DC was nice and supportive to her. But personally, all I take from that is that Secret Six is done, which annoys me. :argh:

Gail is awesome. She was the nicest writer/artist I've met at Comic Con, and the only one to ask me with seemingly genuine interest how my day was going and if I was enjoying the con.

I'll always have my Secret Six collection to treasure, and especially my signed issue 1! :awesome:

I am looking forward to Suicide Squad, with some hesitation. Deadshot & Harley are two of my favorite characters, so I've got to check out a book starring both of them! Hopefully the full roster ends up including some other great characters.

Well, crap. This is a horrible way to end a day. :dry: This is currently the only DC book I read. :( I'm gonna miss reading Gail again. I hate it when things I like sink. :(

I need a cinnabun *sulks off*

Well atleast that son of a ***** deadshot still gets to have a title, even if he does look like grey fox.......

:csad:

I need a hug darn it :csad:

This comic book was one of DC's best titles. I'm really going to miss it. And now that its been cancelled I really hope DC does not kill off Scandal or Jeanette or Ragdoll. They are some of my favouritest characters and I hope they appear in the new comics Simone is writing

Maybe now they can release Secret Six in 3 trades so i can bother checking this out. :p

I'm mixed about this whole reboot thing. Some positive stuff has come out of it, like JL Dark. But then there is massive negatives like this.

Seriously, S-6 was pretty much my favourite DC book. The proof that good books don't need A-Listers.

**** DC. I want Gail back on Secret Six and Wonder Woman with Nicola doing art chores for both.

Yep

I am excited about some of the new comic books like Batwoman and Stormwatch

But i will really miss Secret Six :csad:

what was really weird to me, was Bane with the money, I mean I get that he wouldnt know how to deal with a date like a normal person, being born in a prison and all, but you'd expect the guy who took down Batman would know about american currency. otherwise great issue.
Yeah, as with a number of previous issues, there are a number of things to nitpick with Bane in an otherwise very solid whole. Like the fact that he said the prison he grew up in was called Santa Prisca (that's the name of the country. Peña Duro is the name of the prison), or the fact that he keeps saying that his mother was innocent. She was a guerrilla fighter in the same conflict that Bane's father fought in against the Santa Priscan government, and she had as much blood on her hands as any of the other soldiers.

Still, like always, those things are trivial and don't hold back the awesomeness of the overall book, not to mention the fact that even the basic premise alone of Bane on a date is pure gold. :awesome:

Hahaha and his dialogue while on the date was just fabulous :awesome:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"