Sentry Reborn mini

Horrorfan

Superhero
Reaction score
Ok I read this mini, and while I liked it overall, it started off very strong but got incredibly confusing...I like the idea that Rob was always the void, and the sentry was the ''unwanted'' personality, but what was real? I mean what's the deal with his wife? was she real, and if so, what happened to her?

And did I miss something when the big revelation was that reynolds sitting in front of the mirror showed he was sentry and void? wasnt that discovered in the first mini? and what did void mean when he told rob that he was killing them both? and how can void return if they are seperate entities now?

Ok I read this mini, and while I liked it overall, it started off very strong but got incredibly confusing...I like the idea that Rob was always the void, and the sentry was the ''unwanted'' personality, but what was real? I mean what's the deal with his wife? was she real, and if so, what happened to her?

And did I miss something when the big revelation was that reynolds sitting in front of the mirror showed he was sentry and void? wasnt that discovered in the first mini? and what did void mean when he told rob that he was killing them both? and how can void return if they are seperate entities now?

I think the mini was deliberately confusing as Hell because Renyolds is completely out of his gord. However, the basic history of the Sentry in a nutshell after its been dissected is....

1. Reynolds is schizophrenic and a junkie. He's one of the many people who suffer from the condition and it curses him in the same manner as "A Beautiful Mind"'s version of Professor Nash.

2. Weapon X and the Super Soldier Serum Project team up to create a super-duper Captain America formula. It gives a person 100,000x peak human strength plus probably all the mutant based abilities that aren't even remotely human.

3. Renyolds drinks the formula and becomes the most powerful man in the world.

4. Renyolds goes around having all these amazing adventures as the Sentry. It's questionable how much that Renyolds remembers of his superhero career is actually him being incredibly noble and how much is actually him just making his heroics better in his head.

5. They throw away the serum notes because he's stark raving nuts and don't want to repeat the problem. SHIELD and other agents of the government try and fail to kill him but instead use the Professor to keep him under control with "injections."

6. Reed Richards and everyone discover the Void is actually a split personality of the Golden Guardian of Good. Reed Richard's creation in Cloc is then used to erase everyone's memory of the Sentry.

7. He awakens and defeats the Void again in the Sentry mini. Erases everyone's memory again. This time, as the mini implies, it doesn't take and he thinks he's killed his wife so he has himself locked up in the Raft.

8. New Avengers occurs. He joins the team thanks to Emma Frost helping him confront the Void and defeat him again. He tentatively joins the team and gets a psychotherapist to help him deal with it.

Sentry discovers, basically, the Mastermind convinced him that erasing his memory would destroy the Void. It doesn't.

9. The Void is supposed to be physically locked down there because they THINK Sentry is capable of manifesting sh** physically. Instead, this little idea is complete nonsense.

10. Sentry has another breakdown and the Void kills 150 people plus kills the General. That's when Sentry and the Void completely split bodies at this point, becoming two separate beings.

11. Doctor Strange and Nick Fury then have Renyolds incarcerated with a fake fantasy to mess with his mind. It doesn't take.

12. Renyolds decides to keep fighting the Void and try to be a hero despite it all.

Yeah I think Paul Jenkins is the crazy one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"