So what's goin on with the Sentry now?!

The Sentry was never normal, though. He was a drug-addled f***-up as a kid, and now he's a strung-out schizophrenic as an adult. He was always crazy, so the Sentry's story isn't in any way, shape, or form about what a "normal" person might wind up becoming with powers. It's about what a crazy person would become with powers: crazier and a lot more dangerous.

That said, I'm glad they've either made him a villain or made the Void take his place (still not sure which at this point). Either way, the Sentry's pretty much just been waiting for his craziness to envelop him and make him a villain this whole time, and I think he'll be much more interesting and sensible as a villain.

Just because a teen takes drugs, does not mean that that teen is crazy. If that was the case, most of us would be considered crazy. So Sentry is still an example of an ordinary person who suddenly gets god-like powers.

Corp your opinion sounds very judgemental, do you consider any kid who takes drugs crazy? Cause to me thats somewhat crazy.

You're aware that "drug-addled" means more than just smoking some weed with your friends, right? The Sentry was portrayed as a disturbed, f***ed up kid who'd stick anything in his arm when his "real" memories showed up in the second Sentry mini.

You're aware that "drug-addled" means more than just smoking some weed with your friends, right? The Sentry was ortrayed as a disturbed, f***ed up kid who'd stick anything in his arm when his "real" memories showed up in the second Sentry mini.

Fully aware actually, you are aware that disturbed is not the same thing as crazy?

Sorry, I didn't realize this was a discussion of political correctness. I would've ignored you much sooner if I had.

^Either way, its stupid that they made the character go in that direction. As I said, a drug addict who turned away from drugs and crime once he recieved god-like powers would have been much more interesting, especially with him trying to get his former friends to quit also while at the same time having to save the world and fight the void.

The Sentry's still my favorite character. There have definitely been some bullcrap moments (having trouble lifting the helicarrier and losing to Hulk in WWH are two examples that come to mind), but I ignore them for the crap they are.

Dark Avengers has had some brilliant moments for the Sentry, and I'm watching expectantly, hoping that at some point they again use the character to the level of potential he has.

^He never really lost to Hulk in WWH though did he, it was more of a stalemate. But yeah, he does have a lot of potential that is being wasted.

Couldn't agree more. I think he has the potential to be a truly great character. But he hasn't reached those heights really.

There has been some great moments in D.A. I loved in issue 3 I think it was where Osborne was talking to him. He was actually helping Bob, but obviously just so he can control him.

I think he could play a big role in Osborne's downfall. Or maybe all the rogue heroes and HAMMER will have to fight together to stop the Void or something?

Couldn't agree more. I think he has the potential to be a truly great character. But he hasn't reached those heights really.

There has been some great moments in D.A. I loved in issue 3 I think it was where Osborne was talking to him. He was actually helping Bob, but obviously just so he can control him.

I think he could play a big role in Osborne's downfall. Or maybe all the rogue heroes and HAMMER will have to fight together to stop the Void or something?

I just wonder why he hasnt reached those heights though, the original mini got it spot on, so why cant someone just convey that through the character on a more regular basis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"