The Official Sentry-Bashing Thread!

Listen, Rob Roy, or whatever the hell your name is, Mr. blond reporter who forgot he was a really powerful superhero and is chagrined at having been duped for decades...

Hey. You know, that actually sounds like a good series. Hm. That must be some crazy coincidence.

i wonder does spider-man thinks he owes sentry one for finally stopping carnage's threat or blames himself forcletus cassidy's death at sentry's hands?:ninja:

I imagine Peter would be angry that the Sentry killed Kasady unless he's lost all of his morals. He got angry at the Punisher for killing anyone back in the day.

Not only that, at the end of MAXIMUM CARNAGE, when Carnage and his "family" still had fresh blood from dozens of civilians on their hands, Spider-Man literally risked his life to prevent Venom from killing Carnage in cold blood.

Back in the day, Spider-Man also never cared for Wolverine because he killed people, too. Now the two are New Avengers and none of this is mentioned. Hand ninja can get sliced before him and Spidey doesn't say anything. Or shake a finger at Sentry (back in the day, Spidey wasn't too afraid to get lippy even with demigods; it was part of the reason few teams invited him to join). But, a lot has changed since then. TheCorpulent1 has been talking about the "sliding scale of superhero morality" for a while now, and he has a point.

That too. But I guess with Captain Marvel, he can't throw in a anti-Bush jab in there, unless he has him visit New Orleans.:csad:

Where there is a will, there's a way. :o

Bickering superheroes has been a marvel comics trademark since FF #1

This rant is incredibly old (and still based on wildly inaccurate assumptions).

There is bickering and then there is irrational stupid senseless bickering.

In that case, I recommend avoiding Frontline like the plague.

I have. :D Fool me once, and all that.

What I truly truly hate about Sentry is because of his chronology, he makes every other hero look like crap. He's supposedly the first most powerful hero in the MU and everyone's slapping his back, suddenly he's Reed Richard's best pal, suddenly Iron Man was his strongest advocate because both of them were addicts, suddenly the Hulk is the BIGGEST sounding idiot in comics with: "HAHAHAHA GOLD MAN!" which is totally ridiculous. It was supposed reverse-organic character development which we were all supposed to eat up thanks to the hoax. Now we've got a schizo-Superman rip with "psychic" powers and the fury of a "million exploding suns!" and he just happens to be a good guy. Sheesh. Would hate to be a villain in the MU these days.

I didnt know much about Sentry before but someone told me he was a bi-polar version of Superman. Doesnt the Hulk fill that role? If I were a Sentry writer the first thing I would do would be to change his gay gold costume. Id put him in dickies and a wife beater and give him an alcohol problem.

Anyway, I didnt like the fact that everyone in MArvel was his pal(especially the Hulk) it's so stupid as Marvel characters are very eccentric. I dunno, I'd play on the bi-polar aspect of his character, and just assume the reason everyone acts like they like him is because they are afraid of him. Maybe the spoliers in Mighty Avengers 4 will lead him down this path.

(Smiling @ All the Sentry - HATE)

Meh,.. He,Speedball, Strange, And Spiderman should form their own Team.

Something with the word "EMO" worked into it.

On Topic:
All I require is that they give him a consistant power set and either USE HIM OR NOT.

Heck,... Captain Ultra has more going for him and I've only seen him what? three times in 20 years?

isn't thor suposed to be marvels version of superman? why make the sentry then?

Thor was considered Marvel's answer to Superman, but really he was just Stan's one-up for the Hulk, whom he considered to be the most powerful human. He decided to go a step further and make a god character to be even more powerful.

Watch out corp or else a bunch of Hulk fanboys are going to come ni here posting scans all over the place!!

Instead of making him Marvel's "Superman" I would make him closer to Marvel's "Sandman." Use his character (away from both Avengers teams) as a way to have psychologically based surreal superhero stories. Similar to what Jenkins was doing in the beginning. Maybe just give the character to Neil Gaimen or Brian Vaughn with Chris Bachalo or Bill Seinkeivich (I know, not even close) and just tell them to go ape-***** and do whatever they want.

Is it me or does it seem like Marvel "killed" Thor off so they could do "events" like Civil War and War World Hulk. It would have been kinda difficult to write these stories with an ultra-powerful Asgardian God walkin' around.

What I truly truly hate about Sentry is because of his chronology, he makes every other hero look like crap.

Yeah that kinda bugged me reading the first mini series. It's like they totally forgot about Captain America, who was just in the background and never said a word. Maybe he was jealous of Sentry.

The whole shoehorning in of Sentry's existence was kinda awkward. Maybe it has some greater meaning to the MU that hasn't been revealed.

The Sentry is just Marvels Superman.

Which means he has to have problems equal to his power level. To fit into Marvels more street level universe he needs to have some near crippling weakness.

He's his own kryptonite, and that's why I think he's one of the coolest characters created in the past twenty years.

Just don't over analyze him and you'll grow to like the Sentry for what he is. Or maybe I'm just crazy. I like the whole idea of Ronin as well.

Which Ronin? Not that it'll mean you're not crazy, just how deep in the deep end you are.

Yeah that kinda bugged me reading the first mini series. It's like they totally forgot about Captain America, who was just in the background and never said a word. Maybe he was jealous of Sentry.

The whole shoehorning in of Sentry's existence was kinda awkward. Maybe it has some greater meaning to the MU that hasn't been revealed.

As it stands his history, and how much the rest of the MU is aware of it for that matter, all seems very vague to me.

For instance, after his mind was restored by Emma Frost in New Avengers only Reed Richards and Lindy were supposed to remember him and his history as the Sentry. To the rest of the world it was as if he had just arrived at that point.
Now this can be backed up by the fact in the original mini Peter Parker was rich on the back of owning the copyright for the first close up photo taken of the Sentry, and that event is still clearly wiped from history.

But then in the second mini we still have the Hulk remembering the Sentry and still acting like a sick puppy around him, and we also have his shrink state he had been treating Robert for years.

Really, the second mini was a great opportunity to clear up the Sentry's place in Marvel history once and for all, but all that did was clarify/elaborate on his origin, not what came after.

Instead of making him Marvel's "Superman" I would make him closer to Marvel's "Sandman." Use his character (away from both Avengers teams) as a way to have psychologically based surreal superhero stories. Similar to what Jenkins was doing in the beginning. Maybe just give the character to Neil Gaimen or Brian Vaughn with Chris Bachalo or Bill Seinkeivich (I know, not even close) and just tell them to go ape-***** and do whatever they want.

Great ideal, especially the comparison to Sandman. Hey, you know who I'd like to see handle Sentey? Garth Ennis. If I were a higher up at Marvel, Id give Ennis a box of Sentry comics a bottle of good 6 year old Scotch and a raise. Id love to see Ennis tackle a super hero like this.

Sentry doesnt fit into the Marvel Universe. They already had Thor..they didnt need Superman

Sentry doesnt fit into the Marvel Universe. They already had Thor..they didnt need Superman

Stupidest argument ever, and it's sad how many times I've seen it.

I can imagine that most have not,i have.It`s a fact that most people`s exposure to the Sentry is from Bendis..and Bendis is Bad.

true he should stick to detective novels

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"