Civil War Sharon carter A.K.A. Agent 13 - Part 3

I'm tired of this discussion going in circles.
I only hope that these new Spider-Man spoilers will put an end to these accusations of the Russos not caring about Cap's mythos at last. It's obvious now this is Marvel Studios in a nutshell. They don't even care about Spidey's comic-books.

I'm not fully versed in the SM:H situation. I'd have been fine with a black Sharon.

Nothing of what I heard about SM:H sounds anywhere near the Cap situation. For that, Homecoming would have to give give MJ(?) a cameo while heavily focusing on an appearance by Kamala Khan.

But if there is something untoward, folks will be blaming the director and screenwriter, too.

Last edited:
^ It's not about MJ being black.
The point is that they've COMPLETELY changed MJ's personality. So it's very much unlikely now that the real MJ is ever gonna even appear in the MCU.

Sharon is still in the MCU, while Spidey's female lead is a whole new character, which has never been featured in the comics.

Director had nothing to do with it, I bet. Creative control of Homecoming is on Marvel and Feige, so without his permission or even suggestions this would have never happened.

Last edited:
Maybe he didn't, but I bet he gets blamed anyway. Even though he is likely a journeyman.

But the Russos aren't journeymen.

Zendaya's character, however different from MJ she is, is there for Parker. She isn't there to set up some future non-SM movie. They aren't planning to spin her off into something else.

Last edited:
They've done just that. They've talked about how the movie would be very different without him. That makes it sound like he's supposed to be important to the plot.

It's funny and ironic, how fans of Sharon accuse Russos in lying, when EVC was full of **** herself during the promo-tour. She's ready to tell any crap to promote herself and her character, no matter how idiotic her descriptions were.
Van Camp said:
I think there’s an initial trust there that maybe he doesn’t have with anyone else and maybe she doesn’t have with anyone else.
Of course, dear, of course! His trust and friendship with Natasha, Sam and Bucky is nothing compared to his relationship with your great character. :lmao::lmao::lmao:
Yes-yes, he trusts you from the start, because you deceived him from the start. Truly, what an extraordinary initial trust!
Van Camp said:
I think you see her struggle with that within this film because she’s battling her work and her loyalty to her work.
Oh, yes, great struggle indeed. Honey, you were ready to get into his pants right after the funeral, what struggle are you talking about? In which scene we could see it?
" integrity", "loyalty to her work" - :lmao:

At least Russos have some dignity not to make such a pathetic promotion of their worst-written character.
Van Camp said:
These movies could have been very sort of surface level but what I love about Marvel is how they delve into the characters. They sort of give us the freedom as well to create a version of the character that hopefully the fans will like and it’s a really fun process.
Especially your character, dear :hehe:
I bet you loved Marvel a lot, when they cut your role once again. Just tell us the name of that poor Marvel employee, who wrote all this bull for you to learn by heart. He deserves some credit for better creativity than the filmmakers had with your beloved Sharon.

EVC in a nutshell. Russos need to make up a lot more bollocks to come near her level of crap.

Last edited:
The difference is that the Russo didn't need to pretend that Spider-Man was more than he was. They didn't need to say he was always part of the movie, they could have said that Marvel got the rights in time and they decided to give him a small part in it.

VanCamp was likely ordered by Marvel to do press because Scarjo was pretending to be Japanese at the time, and they wanted a woman to do press with Downey and co. She could have torn them down, but that's a good way not to be hired by someone else.

VanCamp lied because she was in a lose-lose situation.

The Russos lie for the hell of it.

I am an active member of this online community that posts all over the place as I have a wide variety of interest when it comes to super hero fiction.

What I am not doing is debating about the role of Sharon Carter for literally years. Cuz this "debate" about Sharon, one which does come off as obsessive, has been going on since before THE WINTER SOLDIER came.

Maybe you all need this but... The Winter Soldier came out in the year 2014. We are now six months into the year 2017. And it's been pretty much a dead end circular argument that's gone steady since then.

Be offended all you want but... I'm sorry but thinking this shows the obsessive and mildly scary side of the fanboy set isn't as out there as... Well it's not as out there as having the same circular argument for years about Sharon Mutha-cussin' Carter... And I like the character of Sharon. I think lots of stuff can make for interesting debate in comic circles. The characters, the stories the mythology, the social impact, the fun... There's so much to have constructive discussion about. But this? This is none of that.

People are free to do as they wish. I just cannot for the life of me understand the enjoyment to come out of this particular conversation or what fuels it emotionally but it's does not come across as healthy and I am sorry if that offends some around here, mods or regular users alike. But the Hype is a cesspool of strange compulsive behavior and that WITH the constant moderation.

People can come here and post as they like and I guess in the main no one is being immediately harmed. Still... It's three years and two film and film forums later and the "debate" about a third tier Marvel Comics adapted character's screen time is still happening.

It comes off as the stereotype the mass culture has about us fans.

Let's put it this way... If in three months this thread is still active with the same people having the same "debate"? Yeah... That's not a reflection on people pointing out the unproductive and silly nature of what this has come to represent.

By the by I can take weeks off the Hype. Have done so in the past and will do so in the future, even with 30 posts plus a day. I do so to maintain perspective about what is and is not worth the investment of time and energy. To remind myself that there's more to life than useless debate, which can be easy to forget. I suggest it for LOTS of posters. Take time off and get that needed perspective.

If someone cannot stop posting about Sharon Carter for god's sake... You could have a problem.
What BullMcGiveny said. But you do make a few valid points.

Early promotional artworks and Lego set for the airport scene had suggested that Agent 13 was supposed to have a much larger role in CW. I don't know why but it's obvious that they scaled her character back massively, perhaps because there were too many Avengers so she got the short end of the stick. I just hope that they will not cast Sharon Carter completely to the side and forget about her, especially finally had her & Cap kiss in the movie.

I need a Sharon closure in the MCU. I bet she'll only be mentioned in passing and won't even reappear in IW.

It feels like something more should happen with Sharon. And it will feel a bit silly if she doesn't appear again at all.

It feels like something more should happen with Sharon. And it will feel a bit silly if she doesn't appear again at all.

I don't think we will be seeing Jane Foster again, so disappearing love interests are nothing new.

i'd like a 5 minute cameo of her. not enough for her to distract from the plot, but enough to keep her tiny fanbase from causing havoc.

throw in a fight scene with her.

Yeah that should be enough, and she'd be in the background for most of that too.

i'd like a 5 minute cameo of her.

throw in a fight scene with her.
Do you realize, you just described her part in this movie?
MCU Movies Screen Time Breakdown
Civil War

Steve Rogers / Captain America <38:15>
Tony Stark / Iron Man <37:15>
James "Bucky" Barnes / Winter Soldier <22>
Natasha Romanoff / Black Widow <12>
Prince T'Challa / Black Panther <11:30>
Wanda Maximoff / Scarlet Witch <10:45>
Helmut Zemo <10:30>
Sam Wilson / Falcon <10:15>
Peter Parker / Spider-Man <8:30>
Vision <7:15>
Col. James Rhodes / War Machine <7:15>
Scott Lang / Ant-Man <5:30>
Sharon Carter <5>
Clint Barton / Hawkeye <4:15>
Secretary Thaddeus Ross <2:45>
Brock Rumlow / Crossbones <2:15>
Maria Stark <2:15>
Howard Stark <1:45>
King T'Chaka <1:30>
Everett Ross <1:15>
May Parker <1>
Ayo <:30> ” - ninewheels0

Wow, there are a LOT of threads about Sharon! I had no idea. And I tried to skim to see if this had been mentioned before, but has anyone else seen the YouTube video theory about her in Civil War? Because it explains a lot and makes Zemo less... lucky.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU3InsThiXw

This! And it would be like Cap just used her and tossed her aside and that's not Cap's character at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"