Civil War Sharon carter A.K.A. Agent 13 - Part 3

Will they ever give Sharon Carter her classic costume?

OOFlHdf.jpg

uvpEsQE.jpg

Will they ever give Sharon Carter her classic costume?

OOFlHdf.jpg

uvpEsQE.jpg

You do realise that the MCU and comics are 2 seperate entities ? Sharon is working for the CIA now , not shield since TWS. There is no more shield , at least not in the open.

You do realise that the MCU and comics are 2 seperate entities ? Sharon is working for the CIA now , not shield since TWS. There is no more shield , at least not in the open.

Well, even when she was working for SHIELD in TWS she still wasn't wearing her iconic costume. EVC would've looked amazing in it.

jv4UV5V.jpg

I liked Emily in this. Still a thankless role, though. A 3.5 minute bit role serving only to setup a 4.5 minute role is ridiculous.

LMAO her last scene in CATWS is her practicing marksmanship and joining the CIA.

She doesn't so much as have a gun in this movie, and ends up having to leave her job.

They sure had plans for her.

Yeah they had plans when Cap 3 was originally going to be a Cap-centric movie.

What, 4.5 mins isn't "meaty" enough for you. EVC, M/M, and Russos said that TWS was just an intro for Sharon. For what? 3.5 mins + a minute in CW? :whatever:

The way they set up Sharon and Crossbones in TWS sure felt like they'd get much bigger roles in Cap 3. I thought Sharon would get to fire her gun, I thought Sharon would get her second chance with Crossbones, and I thought Staron would have their coffee. But nope, the writers and the Russos didn't care enough about her character to follow through with these threads. EVC in an interview even said that they didn't discuss her fighting style and they just asked her if she can do some moves, no solo fighting sequence for her. I like that she got a bigger role, but I'm still disappointed. The Russos couldn't make two non-superpowered female agents shine? :whatever:

I honestly don't think it's the actresses there's an issue with. The issue is that they weren't as invested in Sharon as they were in Falcon, Black Widow and Winter Soldier. Those are the characters they decided were most important going forward - Cap 2 still would have been about Steve/BW/Falcon fighting with Bucky unless they decided to go a different way. Sharon could have taken Nat or Falcon's place in that storyline, but they decided it was better to leave her with a few small scenes. I do wonder a lot whether Cap 3 becoming CW really hurt Sharon's character too, bc I do think there would have been room for Sharon if this wasn't Civil War. But even if that's true, choosing to give her so little in Cap 2 made her getting pushed out of Cap 3 because of CW even more damaging. At this point, there's no way to fix it.

It means he's 95, he's not dead, and he just wants to kiss someone!!
Russos said that Cap wasn't a fav comic character of theirs. So maybe they don't like Sharon in the comics too. It's too bad that Cap's only main female supporting character got bumped for Cap's main male characters and the other avengers in what was supposed to be a Cap movie.

Yes he just wants to be kissed, but Cap for the first time initiated a kiss himself and not the other woman.

Yeah they had plans when Cap 3 was originally going to be a Cap-centric movie.

What, 4.5 mins isn't "meaty" enough for you. EVC, M/M, and Russos said that TWS was just an intro for Sharon. For what? 3.5 mins + a minute in CW? :whatever:

The way they set up Sharon and Crossbones in TWS sure felt like they'd get much bigger roles in Cap 3. I thought Sharon would get to fire her gun, I thought Sharon would get her second chance with Crossbones, and I thought Staron would have their coffee. But nope, the writers and the Russos didn't care enough about her character to follow through with these threads. EVC in an interview even said that they didn't discuss her fighting style and they just asked her if she can do some moves, no solo fighting sequence for her. I like that she got a bigger role, but I'm still disappointed. The Russos couldn't make two non-superpowered female agents shine? :whatever:

Well obviously they're getting onto bigger and better things, so who gives a damn about them? Just bump off that bones guy and have the girl get kissed before going on the run.:whatever:

And really, this is why Sharon should have been the female lead in Cap2.

Joe said that growing up Cap wasn't his favourite. Twist more words, guys!

Personally so glad Sharon was not the lead in TWS. The point of the WS was getting Cap involved with new people but in a "friend like way" with no romantic involvement. TWS gave Cap his closest allies in the current timeline both BW and Sam, too much Sharon would have confused movie goers. You got a really emotional scene with Peggy in TWS the last thing people wanted to see was Cap in anything that remotely looked romantic with a new character. I think the Russo brothers played that well. You got BW constantly trying to push him into a romantic situation but he refuses, he is still in love with Peggy which is expected. The MCU is a new entity, it takes from cannon but it is not completely invested in it either. I find that the most refreshing aspect of it, i like seeing the characters but with new perspective. If sharon is not Caps main love interest I can deal with it. but thats just my feeling. Possibly after seeing CW their time on screen might make me think that she is the one for him. For me the MCU can have some romance in it but its not an absolute. Steve can end up a bachelor for me.

Exactly how is she Peggy's niece? Let's say Peggy was 100 when she died. Sharon looks likes she's early 30s. So that makes Peggy in her 70s when she was born. Did Peggy have a brother or sister 30 years younger we didn't know about?

Sharon was fine in the time given to her, would've been awesome if she was in it more but it is what it is...and where the hell is this whole blaming Evans for her screen time thing coming from?

Personally so glad Sharon was not the lead in TWS. The point of the WS was getting Cap involved with new people but in a "friend like way" with no romantic involvement. TWS gave Cap his closest allies in the current timeline both BW and Sam, too much Sharon would have confused movie goers. You got a really emotional scene with Peggy in TWS the last thing people wanted to see was Cap in anything that remotely looked romantic with a new character. I think the Russo brothers played that well. You got BW constantly trying to push him into a romantic situation but he refuses, he is still in love with Peggy which is expected. The MCU is a new entity, it takes from cannon but it is not completely invested in it either. I find that the most refreshing aspect of it, i like seeing the characters but with new perspective. If sharon is not Caps main love interest I can deal with it. but thats just my feeling. Possibly after seeing CW their time on screen might make me think that she is the one for him. For me the MCU can have some romance in it but its not an absolute. Steve can end up a bachelor for me.
Who said anything about a romance between Steve and Sharon in TWS? Sharon should've been first established as a friend and co-worker to Steve in TWS which would've been a great build up and foundation for the little romance in CW.

Steve didn't even know Sam before TWS just like Sharon. And yet they managed to establish Sam as a trustworthy ally.

You be the judge. "Cap was not a fav character of mine growing up."

Her quick fight scene even sounded like an afterthought from the Russos. I was seriously hoping she got to kick major arse. It's like they gave all the good well thought out stunts to their fav Black Widow. :cmad: This is a bloody Cap movie, and they didn't even bother to give Cap character Sharon a decent choreographed fight scene in a Cap movie which maybe her last MCU appearance.

Which I find too bad because I not only like Sharon Carter more than Black Widow, I'm also more attracted to Emily Vancamp.

Yeah really disappointed how Sharon played out in CW. Im confused why she even featured in the concept art

Was VanCamp still filming Revenge when the filming of this took place?

EDIT: just saw an interview where she said she had a little fight scene with Scarlet Witch filmed. Would love to know the details of that.

Last edited:
Here's i'm hoping for 4th cap solo installment so sharon will had her shine moments.
But i like her role in CW despite the little screentime she had

Yeah really disappointed how Sharon played out in CW. Im confused why she even featured in the concept art

Was VanCamp still filming Revenge when the filming of this took place?

EDIT: just saw an interview where she said she had a little fight scene with Scarlet Witch filmed. Would love to know the details of that.

i dont think so since revenge was cancelled and the last season was last year around the time CW started filming

and the Scarlet Witch was Scarlett instead, as in black widow.. i think, since there was a confusion when she said she got to do a little fight scene with scarlett.

Damn either way that would've been cool to see.

Hope it appears somewhere later since they already filmed it

Damn either way that would've been cool to see.

Hope it appears somewhere later since they already filmed it

the one with ScarJo? it appeared in the movie and it was even released alongside promotional clips, and it's just really short like 5 seconds

Exactly how is she Peggy's niece? Let's say Peggy was 100 when she died. Sharon looks likes she's early 30s. So that makes Peggy in her 70s when she was born. Did Peggy have a brother or sister 30 years younger we didn't know about?
It's a grandniece/great aunt situation I believe. So Sharon is the grandaughter of Peggy's sibling

That's how it was in the comics. And yeah I agree that she was pathetically underused in this film. Unfortunate side-effect of making this Avengers 3 in everything but name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"