Shazam Shazam General Discussion and Speculation - Part 2

After reading Mondragon's posts explaining the New 52 Shazam family and how their abilities work. Does anyone think Sivana got his powers from Black Adam?
Di46N19UYAAoqmy.jpg

Last edited:
2eio8r.gif

2eip25.gif

:dry:

Ugh Sivana a brawler ...granted Magic...is the worst use of Sivana. Who should be the manipulator behind the scenes.
Why didn't they just use Teth Adam for the big fight.

I'm having horrible flash backs to Green Lantern where wanting to stretch the franchise, they saved evil Sinestro for the next film, and instead focused on freekin Hector Hammond wanting to get the power.

Sivana is a great character, but not like this.
And if that spoiler is true, they just merged him with Teth Adam, who has the exact same scene in the N52 origin.

2en1rl.gif

MTUwMTYwNzc4MA==
... Does anyone think Sivana got his powers from Black Adam?
From what little we've seen, he's very much reading as a hybrid of Sivana and Adam.
That catching a punch scene, is almost exact from the N52 Shazam backups, they just switched Adam with Sivana for the film.
2en1rl.gif

In Johns' and Franks N52 if I remember Sivana has a hand in releasing Teth Adam, and is exposed to magic, hence his "blinded" eye, which actually allows him to see magic?
Maybe in the movie the exposure gave him powers?
I'm not crazy about the idea, I wish they'ed just used Adam.

Hopefully they do hint that Sivana has awakened him, and Teth Adam is at at least the surprise end credit reveal.

Last edited:
anyone thinks this looks like a 90s movie? That's not a bad thign

also if Levi can nail the "teen kid in an adult body" angle this can be a really big hit

I have to ask what one even specifically means when you say "90's film"?

In Johns' and Franks N52 if I remember Sivana has a hand in releasing Teth Adam, and is exposed to magic, hence his "blinded" eye, which actually allows him to see magic?
I'm not crazy about the idea, but maybe in the movie the exposure gave him powers?
What if he can not only see magic, but nullify Shazam's powers minus the transformation?

I forget if the bts videos showed him doing any feats of strength.

You seem to ignore part of the theme of this character and how he's being developed here is family. If you don't get, or want that likely this film isn't for you.
I don't know much about the character, but damn, that's a bit strong isn't it?

Horrible idea, Billy doesn't and shouldn't ever need Superman to defeat Adam.
Well that's your opinion, but I know a lot of people that would love to see Shazam and Superman team up to take on Black Adam. It's already been hinted at, so at the very least it's an idea the studios are considering.

And he's only sharing the power with them, it does where off. (at first anyway, how they will play fully powered Mary and Freddy later on remains to be seen), but at first it wears off.
Didn't know that, though I guess if he's already part of a team, he wouldn't need to share his power as other powers would be in play. I'm curious though, when his power is shared, is he weakened?

When you see the sprawling Bat-Family do you ask then why don't they all join the JL?
If the other Bat characters were shown to be in the DCEU then I would ask the same question, yeah. To date, they've not been shown to exist. When they're introduced, I'd at least expect reasons for them [not appearing] in the JL films.

... damn, that's a bit strong isn't it?

Maybe? Some seem so determinedly opposed to the family, when we know they have been, and are part of the character's whimsical development.
We know they are part of Johns' and Franks relaunch which this movie is mostly based on.
Part of Billy's main arc is gaining a Family. What ultimately helps define and separates him from Teth Adam (his main villain (who also lost his family) also given the power. Yet Adam is so lost he is unable to ever let go or share that power.
While what defines Billy is his ability to not only revert to a boy again, but his ability to inadvertently share that same power.
That is what the Wizard thought didn't exist.
In doing so Billy gains a new family. Which as an orphan is what he wants. Probably the greatest (visual and thematic) way to express that in a superhero film is sharing that power.
Potentially the most straight forward theme, of who he is.
We also know the Adult versions have all been cast.
It's pretty blatant.
So to be so determinedly opposed to that from the get-go, just seems like you might not like where the film is distinctly going.:csad:

And he's only sharing the power with them, it does where off. (at first anyway, how they will play fully powered Mary and Freddy later on remains to be seen), but at first it wears off.

While they are all powered up to their idealized selves, they are mostly enhanced by one attribute, when shared:
Billy - Power
Mary - Courage
Freddy - Stamina
Eugene - Wisdom (manifests as being able to control tech?)
Pedro - Strength
Darla - Speed

Only Billy has all the powers / attributes combined.
Didn't know that, ...

Yes, going by Johns and Frank.
Although obviously Mary, Freddy, and the lieutenant Marvels existed before.
Johns just updated Tall Billy, Hill Billy, and Fat Billy into Darla, Eugene, and Pedro.
But yes, only Billy has all the powers/attributes combined.

As to how sharing the power will be reflected in the film, that's what's being discussed.
In the comic it did wear off, and Billy ultimately faces the main villain (which was Adam) alone.

Last edited:
I have to ask what one even specifically means when you say "90's film"?

There's probably not a specific answer for that. I'm assuming it means it has a cheesiness about it if you will? As an example maybe Shazam feels like a better done version of Steel or Meteor Man which were both 90's superhero flicks.

If Dwayne Johnson is in the film, they'd be foolish not to use him in the marketing unless it's just a post-credits cameo.

Then again, if he keeps making bombs like Skyscraper and Baywatch, maybe they shouldn't, lol.

What if he can not only see magic, but nullify Shazam's powers minus the transformation?

That would be a better twist, not crazy about powering Sivana up. So the more they can distinguish him from Adam the better.

...unless it's just a post-credits cameo.
I think this is so obviously going to happen, it will be the worst kept post-credit "secret" reveal in history.

And even though we know it's coming, it'll still be great to see! :)

Sivana in trying to unlock the magic for himself, will probably do something that triggers awakening Adam.
Who has been immobilized by Magic for centuries, for never letting go of the power.

The post credit will cut back to, and show whatever Sivana unlocked, earlier.
...Has now awoken ...and out steps Adam.

Setup for Black Adam film, which is next.

6LnV95ha98QStlAHkYy7_Z-7rSJ4lMuRi-GV0aryO_4dD8901ZxEQx5j-KDLAmZgpGf9nr8LHnVp=s1600

Last edited:
DjE62dRX0AENylE.jpg

anyone thinks this looks like a 90s movie? That's not a bad thign...

Not sure what you are referencing, but Johns and Franks relaunch (part basis for the film) definitely gave a huge nod to, and was channeling The Goonies, an 80's film.
Also they've made no secret of the parallels to Big, another 80s film.

Ct2juxb.jpg

2eoghl.gif

2eofjv.gif

Last edited:
If Dwayne Johnson is in the film, they'd be foolish not to use him in the marketing unless it's just a post-credits cameo.

Then again, if he keeps making bombs like Skyscraper and Baywatch, maybe they shouldn't, lol.

Let's be honest at this point... We all love Dwayne. Audiences love Dwayne. But the truth is he does way too much crap. Way too much.

I got Horror movie vibes when these signs showed up, Seven deadly Sins ?

seven67779893789.jpg

If there is going to be a horribly cheesy guest staring band...

[YT]-cv3eqhatMw[/YT]

Last edited:
I got Horror movie vibes when these signs showed up, Seven deadly Sins ?

seven67779893789.jpg
captain_marvel02.jpg

Could be, or ^ (bottom left panel) just a fun nod to the crazy SHAZAM glifs, on in the original train.
I agree that train should totally read like a horror movie, wish they had gone a bit further with it, and had it transform a bit more, but I like the way they pulled it off with the sign, and windows frosting over.

Although it's hard to tell from the trailer, I do hope we see the 7 Deadly Sin effigies at the Rock of Eternity.
sins.png

envy-wrath-sloth-maybe-a-few-more.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"