Shazam Shazam General Discussion and Speculation - Part 2

I looked on IMDB and there is an actress that was in both Shazam and Lights Out but they have different names that they are credited for.
Supposedly the director said a character not an actor.

Maybe it could also work as a tie-in to the darker supernatural element of the DCEU.

I think that at best Sandberg is sneaking in a tribute to his work. I doubt WB is allowing him to cannonize his previous work into their super hero franchise.

"So, you could argue that they take place in the same universe," wrote the director.
I think he just likes to work with cast that worked with him in his earlier movies nothing more and in case of Lotta Losten, she's Sandberg's wife and actress so if he casts her, I dunno what's more to say. Then again, many people don't get Sandberg's subtle sense of humor.

The Horror verse with Wan's films and Annabelle (even IT) are it's own universe for New Line Studios, I doubt they want to connect it to DCEU.

Last edited:
The Horror verse with Wan's films and Annabelle (even IT) are it's own universe for New Line Studios, I doubt they want to connect it to DCEU.
I don't think Lights Out is in the Conjuring verse

I don't think Lights Out is in the Conjuring verse
They could be in same universe.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...njuring-universe-movies-actually-work-1028856

"The only sort of mandate … was to put in these little references to the other movies," he says, referencing the Easter eggs and plot crossovers that are scattered throughout the film. "But otherwise, it was very free."
Wan agrees that directors brought on to the franchise are afforded a fair amount of "leeway" in approaching each individual film. However, when it comes to the visual style, he's dead-set on keeping the elegant, old-fashioned cinematography he introduced in the first two Conjuring movies intact down the line.

"That is the aesthetic that I feel like I've set up … and I really want to keep that classical sort of old-school storytelling going on with all these films," says Wan. "Those are the kind of horror movies that I really love, and so I want to make sure that all these films within the Conjuring world feel like they came from the same place. I don't want them feeling too disjointed from a visual standpoint."
https://screenrant.com/nun-movie-conjuring-annabelle-connections/

IT is part of the Stephen King universe.
Yeah, you are correct, IT is unconnected to other New Line horror movies.

Not everything needs to be a "universe". This incessant need of fanboys to have everything connected is just ridiculous.

Dwayne well Rock I can see him showing up in the post-credits assuming Shazam has one then he will for sure be there to build up his appearance within the DCEU well Worlds of DC as it is called now

I honestly think it’s gonna happen or at least some tease of Black Adam.

Yeah, if they are making a Black Adam movie, then the whole back story of Black Adam as a slave in Egypt

and getting his powers from Egyptian gods will be addressed.

The wizard just channelizes those powers from various deities into BA / Shazam.

pNMYTCPeWuXTcpBobND1ff9jbZPUiVwfhMbj-wRdod5jqziep0scv7ffQGkYim1UVVDtsOZKiGNT=s1600

LqSDHzqzUjQO5OlG-XfkdcIySm-SwUIx6HcweN0VX34b-i5N_QTwNG5BDsRde1t8PTeqtZPo2Jmo=s1600

vi1mcIT0e0XWuNSxNuZWB9cBwCORjEupwUcC1p9XIGBHgjOwpsmLZF45vRzoLfm-uYxBSVTDg1jz=s1600

Except he's not even from Egypt anymore, he was a slave and prisoner from Kahndaq, which just leaves it more vague, and they can have more fun with implying the whimsical magic past, when not tied to a real place.
As does the cycle of elders at the Rock of Eternity, seems more expansive.
I doubt those specific retconed in Egyptian deities are going to play that much into it, if mentioned at all.

So Black Adam will be another Dwayne Johnson Egyptian movie? Interesting
Well of late it's been the fictional country of Kahndaq a more vaguely Egyptian /Middle Eastern culture, as per Johns and Frank's take (which the movie is somewhat based on). Kahndaq was an original hub for the SHAZAM Magic. And yes where Teth Adam grew up, as a slave, then a prisoner.

I'm sure Dwayne Johnson's Scorpion King had a huge effect in the PTB imagining him for Teth Adam, infact the fans were suggesting it, years before DC/WB announced it.

I have no idea what you guys are talking about but it sounds new and rich, hopefully all these play out in a franchise and make people fall in love with it
The Egyptian names as deities hasn't really factored much, they were neither in the original origin for Teth Adam, and they are not being used in the modern retelling.
Either way there really isn't any big conflict, it doesn't really effect much, what maters is Teth Adam was the previous champion and also said SHAZAM! to transform.
Which deities he channels to spell out the same name, to the same effect becomes pretty superfluous, either way.

.... (from Wikipedia)
But Shazam wizard gave Black Adam his powers from a different source, that is Egyptian gods.
S for the stamina of Shu
H for the swiftness of Heru
A for the strength of Amon
Z for the wisdom of Zehuti
A for the power of Aton
M for the courage of Mehen
Not sure why it was brought up, earlier ^ by Micromind, except as a curiosity?
Or he seems to think there is some sort of conflict, with the movie?
He'll have to answer that.
It is not used in the latest retelling, that the movie seems to be pulling from. And was not part of Teth Adams original origin.
It really dosn't mater either way, there is no real conflict with the movie, or retelling there.

Mary also at one once had her powers from different deities.
3JmJWVN.jpg

Last edited:
Except he's not even from Egypt anymore, he was a slave and prisoner from Kahndaq, which just leaves it more vague.
As does the cycle of elders at the Rock of Eternity, seems more expansive.
I doubt those specific retconed in Egyptian deities are going to play that much into it, if mentioned at all.

I always thought Khandaq (or however you spell it) was a neighbor of Egypt though. Like, close enough to share the gods. So meh.

I think it was also be close enough for Teth Adam, even not from Egypt, could be in Egypt when he gets his powers.

Seeing this photoshop makes me want to see a Superman/Shazam vs Black Adam movie even more.

DjXxQ8uVsAA605U

I always thought Khandaq (or however you spell it) was a neighbor of Egypt though.
Yes fictitious neighbor, to Egypt and Baghdad, and the middle east. The point is it's a fictitious neighbor, being that they can have more fun implying a fantastic magical past, and more easily insert events, beings, fantasy and a giant Rock of Eternity, into a landscape, being fictitious.
Of course while at the same time drawing familiarity from those real regions.

z0ANtMj.jpg

And LOL, it's not even a big deal, the Egyptian deities in the SHAZAM acronym which Micromind seemed to indicate were some kind of conflict, with whatever he read on Wikipedia (fyi read the real stories NOT Wikipedia). I just pointed out were not in the original, they were retconned in. And are not part of the current re-telling.
If they use them it's fine, if they don't it's fine too :funny:

There is no big conflict, It's like people want things to complain about.

Last edited:
What issue are the images above from?

STK636828.jpg

The ones I posted, of Teth Adams modern re-telling are:
The New 52 SHAZAM JL back-ups (2013), by Johns and Frank, collected in the above trade.
Great story, modern update of Billy and the SHAZAM! Family, and still ultimately true to the spirit of the original character too. Well worth the read.
They are somewhat the basis for the new SHAZAM! movie, and will likely set up play into the Teth Adam movie.

The ones I posted further back of Adams original origin were from The Marvel Family # 1 (December 1945)

Last edited:
So who will play the Rock pre wizard or will they Steve Rogers him like they did with Chris Evans. That would be weird to see but cool.

For the Black Adam origin film, before he's powered up, just adding a beard, long hair and changing his posture might be enough.
Although they may actually want to shrink him down "Steve Rogers" him, a bit, if they want to play up the big reveal Micromind spoiled a few pages back.
His transition back to his "true self" then to his final end, will read more dramatic.

Last edited:
I don't want The Rock in Shazam!, save him for a sequel. I don't want him derailing Levi's film.

I think most people are suggesting Adam for a stinger. Then you flesh out his origin in the sequel. I think the casual viewer would leave the theater buzzing.

Given how this film has been in production for a bit we would know if Dwayne were taking part in this in a large capacity. As it stands I don't think we see Black Adam unless, yeah, some kind of stinger/post cred.

That’s all I could see and I actually think it would be a missed opportunity to not do it.

Seeing this photoshop makes me want to see a Superman/Shazam vs Black Adam movie even more.

DjXxQ8uVsAA605U

That is a great photoshop. Makes me really want to see it too.

I do enjoy the “Big” feeling of the trailer but I’m really hoping it has some really epic moments as well. I know the director has stated the transformation scenes will be awesome and the VFX isn’t done yet. So I’m hoping he has some crackling lightening around him in some scenes and all. Also with the length of the cape it looks like they are also drawing some inspiration from the classic Captain Marvel. I want to see him using the wisdom of Solomon and be a competent hero. I’ve stated this before and I’ll say it again, I know it’s a day dream to have him be called Captain Marvel but I’m still hoping for at least being called The Captain, dreaming I know. Just don’t care for him and the wizard both being called Shazam. Not gonna stop me from enjoying the movie though. Just fanboy wishing

I should be getting my Black Adam shirt by next week... I wonder how many people will confuse it with the Flash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"