Shazam Shazam General Discussion and Speculation - Part 2

Outside of grey hair I swear Jim Lee doesn't age anymore.

It was a bold ass gamble for them to use Sivana instead of The Rock as Black Adam for the first movie. Hopefully it pays off for them...

It was the right thing to do. Sivana is his biggest villain, and Adam should be introduced by the end of the movie, paving the way for his solo.

So according to Production Weekly, it's time for Shazam! to head back to Toronto for the standard few weeks of additional photography, which will only go for the first three weeks in November.

I wonder why they need to do reshoots/additional photography .

These days every film needs to do it...

hopefully the climax doesn't involve blowing something up or the death of Sivana. I would hope that the filmmakers would try to steer things in a different way than the typical ultra-mayhem that inhabits many superhero movies. I don't want to see half a city getting destroyed, or a neck snap.

Also smacking down rumors about the reshoots. And one of his comments on, I believe, his Instagram or somewhere else, said that the film was not removing DCEU references:

He is bad for the clickbait business ;)

So, they going to call this as additional photography ? Better than calling it as pickups / reshoots, I guess.

Pretty much the same thing, but I guess in this super-reactive time, additional photography has a better ring than 'reshoots' even though every film goes through them.

‘Shazam!’ Additional Photography Extended To Late December

It was recently reported that David F. Sandberg’s Shazam! is set to undergo the typical additional photography and reshoots for a few weeks in November. However, it now turns out that the film is being given a few more weeks to complete the additional photography in part due to the increased budget that will allow for more pickups.

Initially, the reshoots for Shazam! – which Zachary Levi recently posted about on his Instagram page- were to go from the first of November to the 18th. Now, according to HN Entertainment, the additional photography’s wrap date is now December 22, just three days before Christmas. Given how some of the set photos have shown a winter setting and that the film itself is confirmed to take place during the holiday season, this is quite timely.

And in addition, the report also states that with the studio increasing the budget for the movie, this, in turn, allows the filmmakers to add more pickups that they felt were needed during the filmmaking process. So this doesn’t seem like the exception to the reshoots rule, as was the case with Justice League, but that it will be beneficial for the crew working on the project.

Based on this, what do you hope or believe could be added during the pickups and additional photography for Shazam!? How timely do you think it could be beneficial, given that the additional filming will wrap up in December close to the Christmas holiday? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.

'Shazam!' Additional Photography Extended To Late December

That's nice. The movie will look even better!

Asher Angel is busy right now shooting for Andy Mack, so that could be one of the reasons whey additional photography needs more time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"