Civil War She'll put a hex on you! The official Scarlet Witch thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jokes aside, I think she was one of the more interesting things in AoU and look forward to seeing her in Civil War.

Agreed. Her magnetism stole each scene she was in. They got a fan on me :ilv:

So, no one liked/or cared about you till Bendis started to write you? :oldrazz: ;) Jokes aside, I think she was one of the more interesting things in AoU and look forward to seeing her in Civil War.

Lol at first I was very much different I tried to be a class clown, bad boy, I was trying to impress the girls, I was only 6 I didn't know any better turns out I can't be no class clown, bad boy, to save my life that goes to my older brothers. :cwink: I was a short, skinny boy, who had big round glasses who is too much of a softy, :cwink: I don't even like killing a bug but is against bullies, unfairness, cheaters, liars, and anyone who hurts kids. :cmad: There just something about me where I feel I got to help people, in school I would help in the library, donate can foods to the food drive, do recycling, I'm just a nice guy who loves helping people and his Family. :yay:

843975_zps47598f21.gif

...Anyways. I wonder how big her role will be in this film and if we will see her in her Avengers outfit or not.

843975_zps47598f21.gif

...Anyways. I wonder how big her role will be in this film and if we will see her in her Avengers outfit or not.

Well there is this theory that she will restore Bucky's memories :cwink: really I see Bucky's memories being like a puzzle and Wanda using her powers will put his memories back together. :woot: Also I hope we get some good scenes between StevexWanda, I will take any Scarletamerica Marvel will give us. :ilv:

Well there is this theory that she will restore Bucky's memories :cwink: really I see Bucky's memories being like a puzzle and Wanda using her powers will put his memories back together. :woot: Also I hope we get some good scenes between StevexWanda, I will take any Scarletamerica Marvel will give us. :ilv:

No. Steve is destined to be with Sharon and Wanda with Vision.

Even with her limited screen time, she was a standout in AoU. Kudos to Elizabeth!

I disagree. Neither she nor Quicksilver were awful, but there wasn't enough time devoted to their characters for me to feel one way or the other about either of them.

I agree after thinking it over ever since I saw the movie a couple weeks ago, what did she really do? I found QS/SW to be boring and bland if you asked me.

Same here. They had potential, but AOU didn't do even a satisfactory job of realizing it.

At least Ultron got rid of one of them :cwink: hopefully Thanos can finish the job along with Vision who I had high hopes for only to be letdown. :csad:

I liked Vision well enough, but I agree that he could use a bit more development. He definitely wasn't boring enough to kill off.

I liked SW and QS enough
they weren't given quite enough time to develop fully, but I was surprisingly sad when Pietro bit it

and Vision was awesome, despite his lack of screentime

No. Steve is destined to be with Sharon and Wanda with Vision.

Well to be honest I think StevexWanda would make the better couple shared life experience, :ilv: also the reason why I thought Vision was dull was because of his I'm on the side of life speech, :whatever: you know Vision while your talking about saving lifes R2 D2 is saving lifes he's being doing it since the 70s he's the real hero of Star Wars. :woot: Also while StevexSharon is comic book canon having Scarletamerica Disney/Marvel would be killing 2 birds with one stone, Sharon being related to Peggy and dating Steve some may find that creepy and Wanda dating a well robot some may find that gross, I know I do come on girl get with a real man who understands real emotions about grief, knows whats its like to lose a Brother the only family you got left, like I said shared life experience. :ilv:

I think Wanda and Steve will have a mentor/mentoree relationship going forward, nothing more. Their 'shared life experience' would make for a great friendship and respect between the two.

I think Wanda and Steve will have a mentor/mentoree relationship going forward, nothing more. Their 'shared life experience' would make for a great friendship and respect between the two.

Well it seems Natasha may be filling the mentor role, and Father figure role most likely be filled by Clint, :woot: I dont know whats so wrong with StevexWanda being a couple yes they would have a great friendship but it could lead to a romantic one, :woot: Steve already got a just friends relationship with Natasha also he said its hard to find someone with shared life experience. I think Steve would be lucky to have a woman like Wanda, but anyway I'm going keep shipping Scarletamerica like crazy, :ilv: but Wanda if you end up with that robot I will disowned you from my favorites Avengers in movies :cmad:

I disagree, QS, SW, Vision and Ultron all stood out very well for me.

AOU did very well in making the characters memorable.

Hawkeye fits the "father figure" role quite well (that's actually a theme of AOU come to think of it, parenthood). Cap fits the "comrade/friend" role best, at least for the moment.

Hawkeye fits the "father figure" role quite well (that's actually a theme of AOU come to think of it, parenthood). Cap fits the "comrade/friend" role best, at least for the moment.

He does doesn't he which is funny because in the comics Clint liked Wanda in the comics, but I like that he is a Father figure in MCU some fans are mad that he has a family saying but in the comics he wasn't no Father figure but I'm not I love it he's a Family man, :woot: I wasn't into comics when I was a kid I just loved watching the shows and playing with the action figures. Where I lived there wasn't no stores carrying comic books, I lived in the country with Family all around, I called it Carterville yep my last is Carter and my Mom's name is Margaret :woot: no joke so if they change anything that was in the comics I don't mind. :woot:

Steve has JUST started to get over his Peggy hang-up (and honestly if I had a chance to date Hayley Atwell and it got taken away from me, I'd probably mourn to). So it'll be interesting to see how he reacts moving forward.

Another thing that occurred to me is that AOU played up the idea of QS/SW as essentially kids who never really got to grow up. Hawkeye even refers to them as both "kids" and "punks" and they didn't seem to really interact with other people much. So Steve DATING Wanda (at least right now) kind of doesn't work on that level either, he'd probably be weirded out by the very notion of that. Vision, on the other hand, is also a "kid" in a way, so he and Wanda have that in common.

Steve has JUST started to get over his Peggy hang-up (and honestly if I had a chance to date Hayley Atwell and it got taken away from me, I'd probably mourn to). So it'll be interesting to see how he reacts moving forward.

Another thing that occurred to me is that AOU played up the idea of QS/SW as essentially kids who never really got to grow up. Hawkeye even refers to them as both "kids" and "punks" and they didn't seem to really interact with other people much. So Steve DATING Wanda (at least right now) kind of doesn't work on that level either, he'd probably be weirded out by the very notion of that. Vision, on the other hand, is also a "kid" in a way, so he and Wanda have that in common.

Well I don't mean right away I just mean they could build Scarletamerica up as friends to a couple, :ilv: also I don't trust Vision I don't care what Thor said Vision is way too powerful, if I was Steve I would be finding out what his weakness is just in case he may turn on us humans if he does who is going to protect us humans? same reason why I don't trust/like Superman he's way too powerful, he could turn on us then what?

Another thing that occurred to me is that AOU played up the idea of QS/SW as essentially kids who never really got to grow up. Hawkeye even refers to them as both "kids" and "punks" and they didn't seem to really interact with other people much. So Steve DATING Wanda (at least right now) kind of doesn't work on that level either, he'd probably be weirded out by the very notion of that.

My thoughts exactly. I think Steve is - or at least would feel - much too old for Wanda.

Well it seems Natasha may be filling the mentor role, and Father figure role most likely be filled by Clint, :woot: I dont know whats so wrong with StevexWanda being a couple yes they would have a great friendship but it could lead to a romantic one, :woot: Steve already got a just friends relationship with Natasha also he said its hard to find someone with shared life experience. I think Steve would be lucky to have a woman like Wanda, but anyway I'm going keep shipping Scarletamerica like crazy, :ilv: but Wanda if you end up with that robot I will disowned you from my favorites Avengers in movies :cmad:

In AOU, they hinted HEAVILY the relationship between Wanda and Vision. Wanda staring at Vision talking to Thor on the balcony with goo goo eyes, and Vision resucing Wanda near the end. When Vision asked Wanda to look into his mind again, what is it that you think Wanda saw? She probably saw herself running around naked or maybe just images of them together with little hearts and cupids flying.

I think the Russos are going to try and setup Steve and Sharon. I get Marvel doesn't have to follow the comics, but they usually have a good reason not to do so.

My thoughts exactly. I think Steve is - or at least would feel - much too old for Wanda.

He's probably too mature but he's not too old. Hawkeye is in his mid forties which is why the Maximoff's are "kids" to him.

Now, Wanda is way too old (and human) for just born Vision and it's creepy as can be. The relationship doesn't have any of the Simon background that existed in the comics that made it a bit less creepy.

He's probably too mature but he's not too old. Hawkeye is in his mid forties which is why the Maximoff's are "kids" to him.

Now, Wanda is way too old (and human) for just born Vision and it's creepy as can be. The relationship doesn't have any of the Simon background that existed in the comics that made it a bit less creepy.

I think age is irrelevent, concerning Vision. Yeah, he was "born yesterday." While that is literally true, its a joke, because he certainly doesn't have the mind of a newborn. He sees things with clarity and understanding that humbles the other Avengers. He's just new at relationships.

I would be very surprised if there is any huge amount of focus on romantic relationships outside those of the main characters. They may throw in a hint or nod to the comic fans in the audience but I really don't think there's gonna be time to develop a romance between Vision and Wanda.

I wonder if there is going to be a scene between Scarlet and Steve after the funeral.

With this mentality, then it might be for the best, that Sif of all people ends up being Steve's love interest. Yeah, there is nothing of that in the comics (but I don't think there is anything about Natasha and Bruce being a thing either in the comics) but, she would be the only female at the moment that Steve could date and not feel weird about it. Either that, or they introduce a character that is in her 40's or 50's for Steve to start hanging out with, (maybe Ming-Na-Wen character from Shield, who is in her 50's)

I wonder if there is going to be a scene between Scarlet and Steve after the funeral.

Not sure, but there they have shot a scene that has Steve and Sharon, just like in the comics, just like it should be.

Well to be honest I think StevexWanda would make the better couple shared life experience, :ilv: also the reason why I thought Vision was dull was because of his I'm on the side of life speech, :whatever: you know Vision while your talking about saving lifes R2 D2 is saving lifes he's being doing it since the 70s he's the real hero of Star Wars. :woot: Also while StevexSharon is comic book canon having Scarletamerica Disney/Marvel would be killing 2 birds with one stone, Sharon being related to Peggy and dating Steve some may find that creepy and Wanda dating a well robot some may find that gross, I know I do come on girl get with a real man who understands real emotions about grief, knows whats its like to lose a Brother the only family you got left, like I said shared life experience. :ilv:

I disagree with you about Vision. He's letting the Avengers know that their way isn't always the best way. He's making a clear distinction between choosing the Avengers and choosing the side of life. That's very profound. It's clearly a defining moment for Vision, coming to his own as a unique and interesting character who has a mind of his own. Are you seriously comparing Vision to R2? Seriously, Vision is not a robot, he's an artificial man.

StevexSharon is not as creepy as you think StevexPeggy was barely a thing. They kissed once, but never even danced.

We know very little about Vision, but considering he was born yesterday, well that's not bad for a human. Vision had real emotion in his voice when he spoke.

StevexPeggy was barely a thing. They kissed once, but never even danced.

SteveXPeggy was enough of a thing that in Peggy's own TV show it's mentioned frequently, and they made sure to have Steve visit Peggy in TWS and then show Peggy in his fantasy sequence in AOU.

To people mostly familiar with the MCU as opposed to the comics (IE the majority of the audience) it's absolutely been instilled in them as a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"