Hype Survivor SHH! Survivor 28: I'm a Marvel, and I'm a DC - Issue #17: The End?

My questions are answered :up:

Answers to your questions are in!

First up, is former Survivor Champion and 2 time Final 2 competitor, ComicChick!!!

ComicChick said:
[jewHob]At one point in this game you were faced with the option of voting out either Matt or POWder-man. If things hadn't shifted, how would you have honestly voted and why? "I don't know" or "I don't remember" isn't an acceptible answer.

I honestly would've voted against Powder. I had a stronger alliance with Matt, and I had been told all game that powder was wary of me and didn't trust me. On top of that, Powder is amazing at challenges and a huge threat going into solos. I would be more comfortable keeping Matt my close ally than POWder the threat.

[Henchwench] why?

I wanted to be an ally with you early on. I think we have the same mentality in the game; we like to do the challenges, and hate the lying and backstabbing. When it came time for you to go, I couldn't do anything about it. Everyone left was pretty much all working together and going against them would've put a target on my back and would've been moot. we didn't have numbers.

[powder]Why do you not deserve to win?

Probably because I played this game different than any game I've played before. I've always been proud of playing a clean game without making dirty moves. I can't say that for this game. My hands got dirty, and I don't like it. I was part of some moves that literally shifted the future of the game and some of them I still feel guilty about. I felt so terrible at one point, I wanted to stop playing. If I ever play again I don't think I can play dirty like this. I don't have the heart for it, or lack of.

ComicChick said:
[nys]What sort of strategy did you use in this game?

My strategy was very different than games I've played in the past. Initially I didn't expect that I'd get very far at all. I thought I'd be targetted early on. But when I saw the depth and talent on my tribe, I got a better vibe in that I knew we had the ability to win challenges. I wasn't gonna have to do the brunt work like I have in some games. We all were an asset and had something to provide to the team. So I took a step back and was way more relaxed initially, less "hyper" and vocal. I heard that worried some players though. I didn't try to be a team leader like I did in the past. I didn't need to. We had such a strong core tribe to start out with I don't think I've ever started off in a tribe with such depth. So I guess in a way I played more behind scenes than I usually do.

I also played "dirtier" than I ever have before. Some people got hurt when they were eliminated and I don't like being the reason someone felt that way. I didn't plan on playing this dirty, one move was almost on impulse I had become some paranoid at the point that all I wanted was to alleviate the paranoia. I was able to do that but I ended up replacing the paranoia with guilt and felt even worse for it. I couldn't win either way. My home life mentality was also affecting my game mentality and I was just over stressed and the survivor fever was making me crazy.

[kane]How do you feel being in the final 2?

It's an honor to make it this far when I never thought I'd make it past jury. That was my initial goal, as it is in every game I play; to make jury. Going up against Matt is bittersweet in a way in that we've been allies since early on and now we're pitted against each other. There are so many players in this game who are worthy of being in the finals, but I am in the finals with an ally and an original tribe member. It's a nice feeling. Go Marvel.

[knows] What has been your strategy in this game to get so far?

my strategy was mainly the same thing i do every game. I try to get a couple of "core" allies. Allies i can trust to get to jury and further should we agree to work together that long. I try to make at least one Final 4 Ally. I pride myself on being a team player early on and doing what I can to help our team win challenges. We win challenges we don't lose players. I do try to make sure in my quasi-alliances that the majority are my tribemembers and a couple on the opposing side if possible. once jury hits and we're all solo, i try to win as many immunities as i can to keep my name off the ballot. With the talent in the jury i was really astonished that i was able to win as many individual challenges as i did. i'm very proud of that.

And that concludes the argument for ComicChick!

And here is the case for multiple time Survivor host, and a man in his first final 2 of his long Survivor career, Matt!!!

Matt said:
Yikes. Tough crowd.

JewishHobbit said:
Matt -

From the beginning of the game to the end, please explain your alliances, why you chose them, when and why they shifted, and how this has effected your game.

Early in the game, my allies were Kane, Knows, and CC.

I had talked to POWdER and Kal about alliances as well, however, I trusted neither. Especially once I leaked some info to POWdER to see where it went and sure enough, Kal confronted me about it. Around that time, I also established an alliance with VVS. I went to him to tell him the target for TC was Ahura. Apparently no one had filled him in and it went from there. I figured that would ensure the votes to take out POWdER who I was convinced was working with the other tribe.

At that point you contacted CC and I. You confirmed that you and POWdER were working with Kal and Watson but wanted to defect. We worked out an alliance to the final four. I privately expressed to CC some doubt about that due to ties with Knows and Kane but I went along with it for then.

As we neared the merge two relevant things happened. First, I dropped NYS a PM asking him to throw the challenge where we got people to vouch for us and in exchange I'd help him out post-merge. From that point on I communicated with both he and Knows (things such as asking them to throw the following challenge so we could win three in a row and take out Wats, etc).

Second, Jewhob approached POWdER and I about taking out CC as "we couldn't beat her infront of a jury."

Up until that point, I was honestly unsure which alliance I would choose to be loyal to when it came to the point where I had to make a choice, Knows and Kane or POWdER and Jewhob. In all honesty, due to their actions as amazing allies, I was leaning towards the former. However, this cemented it. I knew I had to protect CC to whom I'd sworn loyalty. So we formalized our alliance with Knows and NYS, and made a plan to oust you, Jewhob.

That made my alliance CC, Knows, NYS, Kane, and myself. A five person majority, couldn't be beaten. Of course, complications arouse. POWdER flipped NYS and Knows saved my ass by staying loyal despite POWdER's attempts to flip him. It was at that point I promised POWdER final three. At any rate, that round, Ahura went and six remained and Knows, CC, Kane, And I were my final alliance. Unfortunately, NYS being the crazy good competitor that he is, won the Iron Man challenge and I had to vote out Kane before the final four. I told him about it, even asked him to go to NYS and try to flip someone. He didn't. Kane was a great ally through and through. At any rate, the remaining allies, Knows, CC, and I managed to see CC's thread through and made final three together. In the end, after winning immunity, I voted Knows out as I promised CC final two.

And those are my alliances throughout the game and how they effected the choices that I made.

Oh, also, Norm and I had spoken prior to the game, but he ultimately didn't play once it started so that went no where.

NotAHenchwench said:
This is for both:

Why?

Why? Hmm, that can be a lot of questions so I'll treat to field them all.

Why did I vote for you? I thought you were the last remnant of the Kal/Watson alliance who based on information I received from Jewhob were gunning for me.

Why should you vote for me to win? I feel like I played the best game. From beginning to end, I was in game mode, never flinching. I had a role in practically every vote out in this game, the one exception being the early dead weight vote outs in your tribe. Every time I was at risk, I fought my ass off to remain in the game and maintain control over it. I think I played a very strong game and that is why I think I deserve your vote.

Now if the question is why you should not vote CC, I honestly do not have an answer for that. She was a loyal and true ally to me. My partner throughout the game. For me to take credit for the game without giving it to her as well would be incredibly arrogant and a straight out lie. CC is just as deserving. You guys have a tough choice, I'm afraid.

POWdER-man said:
Matt:
Why do you not deserve to win? (except the fact you admitted to cheating at least twice (although you probably did it all game) by using information you gained because you are a mod and do not feel guilty about using this information for your own gain, while other players did not have this advantage that you used at any point in the game)

Ignoring your self righteous, sore loser rant which I've already explained to you in private, to be untrue (but stay classy POWdER, keep lying because you're bitter over a game), I do not deserve to win because of my opponent. Like I said in my answer to Henchy, she played just as good of a game as I did and is just as deserving of a win as I am. I do not deserve to win, because CC deserves to win. However, I do think that works both ways. I feel like we both played great games and its a judgement call at this point.

NewYorkSpider said:
Matt - If you could take both yourself and CC out of the final 2, who would you put there and why?

I'm really glad that someone asked this question. Remove CC and I and it would be either Knows or Kane, and you, NYS.

Knows or Kane because they were both amazing allies and played great games. They showed true loyalty and honor throughout while also playing amazing individual games and I do believe that deserves to be rewarded.

NYS, you deserve to be in the final two because as I've told you privately, I consider you to be the toughest competition I've had in this game. You were treacherous, underhanded, and all around brilliant. You fought hard when your back was against the wall and despite only having a couple allies in the game (as far as I know), your actions and moves allowed you to put yourself in a real position to win this game. That in my opinion shows a true competitor and a very smart player who is just as deserving of the win as myself or CC.

Kane52630 said:
Matt & ComicChick: Do they have the word "dictionary" in the dictionary? :awesome: jk How do you feel being in the final 2?

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/dictionary

:o :awesome:

I'm actually pretty stoked about it. If memory serves, I have played in five Survivors counting this one and have in two of those other games come very close but this is my first final two. Its a pretty cool feeling to come back after a three year hiatus and make the final two.

knowsbleed said:
Matt - Describe to me how you rank loyalty. First come first serve? I've known you longer therefore I trust you more? You are my enemy so I will keep you the closest? Tell me in your own words.

Actions. It all comes down to actions. Well, actions and a little bit of blind faith. I mean, you can never be one hundred percent sure of someone's motivations at first. However, I believe their actions show where their loyalty truly is. CC for example, showed her loyalty by sticking by me throughout our time in Team Marvel then really hammered it home when she sided with me and voted for Jewhob.

You, Knows, showed loyalty throughout your actions from day one. When I felt that Nivek was going to gun for me if he made merge, you worked to eliminate him. When we had Juggernaut, you voted Kal and rallied others to do it in order to eliminate him. Then you really saved my ass when NYS and POWdER came to me by sticking to your word.

People prove their loyalty through their actions. And then I try to return the favor. If someone shows loyalty to me, I return it. I promised CC final two very early in the game when she proved to be someone I could trust. I stood by that. I promised you final three when you saved my ass from NYS and Knows, I stood by that. I rank loyalty simply based on those who show it to me. In fact, my biggest regret in this game is that NYS won the Iron Man challenge and Kane did not join us in the final four. He was loyal to me to a fault and I wanted nothing more than for him to join Knows, CC, and I in the final four.

Sorry, I went off on a bit of a rant there. I rank loyalty based on those who show it. Everyone in this game is capable of backstabbing, no matter how long you've known them. Therefore, for me, loyalty is earned by showing it through actions.

Hope that answers it.

And that concludes the argument for Matt!

I will give these answers a few hours to be looked over. Jury PMs will be sent out later tonight, and the fate of Survivor shall be decided in shadowy rooms all across the interwebs!

Who will win? Matt or ComicChick?

Only time will tell!!!

Good luck to you both :)

Such suspense, I posted it twice!!!

You guys are so funny... the answer I was looking for was:

"Why not?"

A cruel play on a Philosophy/Psychology final I had in High School. There was only one question on the final, and I spent 5 minutes on an answer, handed it in, and was the only one right.

I was being playful, Spider-Fan can vouch. :heart:

great answers matt

if i'm not mistaken, anyone can now ask questions publicly in this thread right?

I made a funny and CC didnt care to answer :(

Up to you guys :heart:

You guys are so funny... the answer I was looking for was:

"Why not?"

A cruel play on a Philosophy/Psychology final I had in High School. There was only one question on the final, and I spent 5 minutes on an answer, handed it in, and was the only one right.

I was being playful, Spider-Fan can vouch. :heart:

Curse your mind games! take this!

A young girl is at her mother's funeral. She meets a young man she had never seen before, but who's there as a part of family. She instantly falls in love with him. A few days after, she kills her sister. Why?

:heart:

great answers matt

You as well CC. I'd like to take this opportunity to say, that regardless of the results, its been an honor fighting along side you this game. You were a loyal and true ally and its my pleasure to be sitting beside you in the final two :up:

You as well CC. I'd like to take this opportunity to say, that regardless of the results, its been an honor fighting along side you this game. You were a loyal and true ally and its my pleasure to be sitting beside you in the final two :up:

likewise :)

A young girl is at her mother's funeral. She meets a young man she had never seen before, but who's there as a part of family. She instantly falls in love with him. A few days after, she kills her sister. Why?

Duh, so she could see the young man again.

So he'd see her at another funeral.

I have heard this one :o

you must remember this...

Jury voting PMs are SENT!

The game is in the hands of the jurors now :up:

I want this moment to be about the players, so while I am still in the early stages of voting, I want to give thanks all around.

When I volunteered to host, I expected this to be a tough road and knew some of what to expect but knew this job would be difficult. I fought with you guys and took a lot of heat over the course of the game. But, overall, I had an absolute blast! This Survivor was fun, and I am so glad I hosted this game for you all :)

But, this game would not be possible without a lot of help. First, to my co-host chaseter, I know you regret not being around much late in the game, but your innovation, input, and skills made some good challenges great and made things easier for me. I wouldn't have picked anyone else to be my co-host for this game!

I would also like to thank all my judges: Hunter Rider, The Original Bamfer, Marx, SuBe, Star, Nirvana, Bnightwing, Collossal Spoons, JustABill, The Squirrel, and Kel. You guys did a great job judging the challenges and were speedy repliers, especially when I needed a few of you on the fly. Thank you guys!

Also, I want to give props to Hunter Rider and Drakon for updating the forum passwords and putting up with my constant needs, LOL! You guys helped me move this game along fast, and I am grateful for all your help :)

Also a big thanks to Erzengel for taking the hosting reigns for our scavenger hunt challenge. You did a great job, as always, and I thank you for volunteering your services :up:

Another thanks must be issued to Spider-ManLuvr 28. See, I REMEMBERED THIS TIME! Thanks again for that kick ass banner and just being a generally awesome help overall :spidey:

But, what would this game be without the PLAYERS! From my final 2, to my jurors, to players who made tribes, and even down to the signees who didn't make a tribe. You guys were a fun bunch to host, and made this game infinitely more fun to host and taught me a lot. Thank you for signing your souls over to me for a couple months, LOL! I love you guys :heart:

Just cause the game is coming to an end doesn't mean you can't PM or AIM me still! My AIM and PM box is always open to you guys :)

Once again, thank you guys! If you want to leave comments and critiques about the game, please post away or PM me! I want to hear what you guys thought, where I can improve, would you play if I hosted again, etc. Any input would be greatly appreciated :up:

Now, let's turn our attention back to the people sweating in the corners :hehe:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"