SHH! Survivor 28: I'm a Marvel, and I'm a DC - Issue #2: Gridlock!

Discussion in 'The Hype Archives' started by Spider-Fan, Jan 25, 2010.

1. knowsbleed Registered

I love how arguing after the decision is a Survivor tradition... but has NEVER swayed a decision.

2. JewishHobbit Registered

If we're nitpicking the judging, I'm actually more upset at Chase's giving us a 6 for not balancing heroes with survivor but giving DC a 10.

DC's was almost entirely comic book based with an island and tiki torches, and no, Zombies don't really read as survivor based. (not offense to the DC tribe)

Marvel's had tons of superhero stuff, but also:

Survivor themed text
    Past survivor players and champions
    The Survivor (Lost) Island
    Not only the Survivor logo but a 28 showing the season
    A Survivor logo watermark
    The overall theme of survival and elimination in general

All that, and tiki torches apparently is worth more points than the creativity included in Marvel's?

Sorry Chase, I like you and all, but that was just a crap call right there. And it was a 4 point differance, which I think was the differance of what we lost by.

3. ComicChick I Work Too Much

you've been discussing GL all day, so you had GL on your mind. i didn't say you were biased on that, but that could help you lean in a way that you aren't aware of since it was on your mind all day

you guys shouldn't have had points to begin with. hosts should not be judges in things like this, especially the deciding vote. it makes it harder for you all to be unbiased and blurs the lines that's supposed to separate the host(s) from the game.

4. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

I discussed GL for like 4 posts.

I've been more active in Spider-Man talk in recent weeks, so would you suggest that if you guys did a Spider-Man grid, and it won, that Team DC can gripe cause I had Spider-Man on my mind?

5. ComicChick I Work Too Much

i'm not looking to sway the decision, that would make the hosts look weaker

i am just venting so to speak

6. ComicChick I Work Too Much

if discussed in the challenge thread, absolutely

7. chaseter Esteemed Member

So you see SF discussing GL all day but don't get the bright idea to make him a GL avy? Did you not read the rules where it said the avys did not have to be marvel or dc specific? To make an avy that we will like.

So every game where hosts have had a hand at giving points for extra credit are all bad hosts. You better get on Erz and Daisy for making us make them avys for their game a while back.

8. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

Okay?

I think we can stop here.

9. ComicChick I Work Too Much

if you read in our thread we had lots of ideas for avvys. "Lost Without Raimi" for example. i didnt play in erz and daisy's game so that's not relevant to me :awesome:

what's the fun in that lol

10. chaseter Esteemed Member

I did read your thread...and it had me excited to see what avy your team would come up with.

11. TEDDY Da BEAR!

Damn straight!

:cmad:

12. Ahura Mazda Registered

I am quite amazed with the result and not in a very good way. However, the hosts make the rules and therefore there is not much argument to be had. I still think our grid should be used because it is clearer then the DC one (in terms of characters) but again that is up to the judges who seemingly already made up their minds.

What I do find a bit galling is that they preferred the DC grid (which is fine) and then was able to have them win being the sole judges of the avatars whereas they were behind because of the other judges' votes. Would it not have been more sensible to have the same judges who voted on the grids vote on the avatars rather then one judge making the final vote.

In any case, great job to the members of team Marvel who worked hard on our submission and well done Team DC. Congratulations for winning.

#337 Ahura Mazda, Jan 29, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2010
  13. JewishHobbit Registered

I find it funny that the winning grid has to be edited post-challenge to work for the duration of the game.

Does that sound wrong to anyone else?

:D

14. NotAHenchwench Ohhh hai der!

What, just to re-size it? :whatever:

Well, when you host Survivor, you can make a rule about size of the grid. :up:

15. JewishHobbit Registered

Actually, yeah. Any alteration at all is just funny that it's the 'better grid' for the challenge.

I'm not really knocking the grid itself, I just find it funny in general.

16. knowsbleed Registered

Well, as easy as it is for you to say this... it was not easy to devote those hours to create the grid.

SML made a great logo... that was used by the hosts. I decided to use it because it looked great, I knew she made it and it fit the hosts Survivor theme perfectly. Why change something that works?

The ugliness shown by the Marvel tribe for losing is not necessary. I did not even get a chance to see the Marvel grid... POWdER chose to delete it from his photobucket before I got home from work. Is all of it really that necessary? Both teams, I'm sure, worked hard.

17. POWdER-man Ancient but wise

Yes all both worked hard on it and your tribe won, ours lost, simple as that. No love lost, lets just move forward.

I always delete my grid designs once the challenge is done. In one survivor I played they wanted to use my grid b/c it was in fact the better one to use but we lost that challenge as well so no one gets to use my designs if its not good enough to win.

18. knowsbleed Registered

Hmmm... you don't sound bitter. Can I at least see your design? I never got a chance to see it. A PM would suffice if it would be alright with you.

19. POWdER-man Ancient but wise

Yeah I am probably a little but I am fine now. This marks the third time in a row my grid design has won the actual grid challenge but lost for outside reasons (and no none of them were caused by breaking a stated rule).

20. Aesop Rocks Now I'm Free.

in b4 first time for everything.

21. chaseter Esteemed Member

We are not changing the grid, that would be disrespectful to the creators of the winning grid.

22. POWdER-man Ancient but wise

Yeah we could have done out without this comment to further prolong this. Yes the "winning" grid. :whatever:

23. The Original Bamfer Big, Bald and Beautiful

Wait, wait, wait... people are still complaining? So you lost a challenge. Suck it up and win the next one. :heart:

24. Nivek Registered

Sheesh, let me get some tissues....

25. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

Thank you Bamf :up: