Hype Survivor SHH! Survivor 28: I'm a Marvel, and I'm a DC - Issue #2: Gridlock!

No we know whatever we say won't matter so why say anything more. Depsite the hosts being contradictory. I just hope the hosts will choose to use this as a lesson to not be a part of the judging.

and to stay unbiased in the game and not talk to players about the game while they are playing :up:

It's unfortunate that every single game I've played or spectated, the judges get accused of one thing or another. I'm certainly not biased, as you can tell by the very close scores I gave. I don't see what the issue is here.

Mother-in-law's moving in

Wife might be pregnant

Didn't win the challenge

This week sucks!

It's unfortunate that every single game I've played or spectated, the judges get accused of one thing or another. I'm certainly not biased, as you can tell by the very close scores I gave. I don't see what the issue is here.

No I don't think anyone has complained about yours or anyone's judging for that matter on the Marvel side. I thought they were relatively fair (although you did miss the Lost Island reference. :p). DC actually complained themselves on the judging. It was more of the fact that the hosts held completely control of the fate on who wins or loses (removing the whole judging aspect) based on something they say they like (ie SF/X-men which was actually included in our avvy (logos)) and then turn around and say we didn't include anything they like....I guess they don't like their own Survivor...:awesome:

Sorry to hear that you aren't finding joy in your wife being possibly pregnant... that really does suck. :csad:

Sorry to hear that you aren't finding joy in your wife being possibly pregnant... that really does suck. :csad:

I'm not really upset about it. My thing is that I have 2 kids already and I was really happy with that. That's how I wanted our family to be. This potential 3rd kid throws a wrench in things. But I'm a big kid person and love being a daddy, so if she is pregnant, give me a day to fathom it and I'll become excited again. It's just a change in plans is all.

I'm not really upset about it. My thing is that I have 2 kids already and I was really happy with that. That's how I wanted our family to be. This potential 3rd kid throws a wrench in things. But I'm a big kid person and love being a daddy, so if she is pregnant, give me a day to fathom it and I'll become excited again. It's just a change in plans is all.

Your dilemma reminds me of the episode The Simpsons "And Maggie Makes Three." That episode always warms my heart.

Do-It-For-Her-maggie-simpson-653752_430_323.jpg

Because resizing a .jpg is something that cannot be done. :huh:

with the different sizes of the team marvel avvys, some of us will be harder to discern then they already are

No I don't think anyone has complained about yours or anyone's judging for that matter on the Marvel side. I thought they were relatively fair (although you did miss the Lost Island reference. :p). DC actually complained themselves on the judging. It was more of the fact that the hosts held completely control of the fate on who wins or loses (removing the whole judging aspect) based on something they say they like (ie SF/X-men which was actually included in our avvy (logos)) and then turn around and say we didn't include anything they like....I guess they don't like their own Survivor...:awesome:

We did hold complete control...because of the avatar. It came down to the avatar. Had we not judged, it would have still came down to the avatar.

You read the rules Powder, you could see that we would judge the avatar. You could see that there were 10 points on the line and that it MIGHT come down to it and that we would be the judge of it. IT WAS IN THE RULES. Why didn't you complain about it then? Did you just wait to complain because your team lost?

aw, that episode is so good

My favorite scene is when Homer decides to raise revenue for the bowling alley and has the whole montage where he studies marketing and finally gets an idea, then it cuts to him outside the bowling alley shooting a shotgun into the air.

Lisa: Mom! Make dad tell the story right!
Marge: *embarrassed facepalm* He is...

:lmao:

Its probably my second favorite episode after "You Only Move Twice."

The avy was uncreative. It had superhero symbols and text. It was boring. Including something and making it look good are 2 different things. I like GL, but their avy was boring. I sided with theirs however cause they included it as part of their overall project and theme. Which made it slighlty more creative than the generic flash avy.

That is my opinion on the avy.

As for the grid, our scores were not that different from Bamf's scoring. Whom you praise as a judge.

We did hold complete control...because of the avatar. It came down to the avatar. Had we not judged, it would have still came down to the avatar.

You read the rules Powder, you could see that we would judge the avatar. You could see that there were 10 points on the line and that it MIGHT come down to it and that we would be the judge of it. IT WAS IN THE RULES. Why didn't you complain about it then? Did you just wait to complain because your team lost?

the rules said the judges would vote, they did not say that the hosts were some of the judges

but when one of the hosts is talking Green Lantern all day long in this thread and then his is the deciding vote and he picks the Green Lantern one, it makes you think there's a bit of a bias, even if its only cuz he's had GL on his mind all day.

The avy was uncreative. It had superhero symbols and text. It was boring. Including something and making it look good are 2 different things. I like GL, but their avy was boring. I sided with theirs however cause they included it as part of their overall project and theme. Which made it slighlty more creative than the generic flash avy.

As for the grid, our scores were not that different from Bamf's scoring. Whom you praise as a judge.

they didn't look anything like the rest of their project :huh:

the rules said the judges would vote, they did not say that the hosts were some of the judges

but when one of the hosts is talking Green Lantern all day long in this thread and then his is the deciding vote and he picks the Green Lantern one, it makes you think there's a bit of a bias, even if its only cuz he's had GL on his mind all day.

Because I like GL, I was bias on a grid judging :huh:

I understand you guys are frustrated, but even that is a stretch.

We didn't mention any of the judges, so why would we mention our names? The funny thing is, our scores for the grid don't matter. It still would have come down to avy's.

Spider-Fan has been talking Spider-Man for the past few weeks, if he would have sided with Marvel then DC could whine.

The avatar was the deciding vote. I was also the deciding vote. Gripe at me for not giving you any points to null SF's so that your team would still win. You see how it doesn't matter?

My favorite scene is when Homer decides to raise revenue for the bowling alley and has the whole montage where he studies marketing and finally gets an idea, then it cuts to him outside the bowling alley shooting a shotgun into the air.

Lisa: Mom! Make dad tell the story right!
Marge: *embarrassed facepalm* He is...

:lmao:

Its probably my second favorite episode after "You Only Move Twice."

hahahaha oh man, I totally forgot about that.

I love when he sticks his head in the bowling ball cleaner :funny:

Boring? So a still picture is exciting? Representing the theme??? Kind of the like the I'm a Marvel, I'm a DC tag line that you see in the very title of this thread, not to mention the logos of some of the biggest characters of Marvel/DC universe which were used in the very grid.

Okay now I know you are just going to keep on making up a bunch of BS with your answers so just quit now while you're...behind.

I made a suggestion of not being a judge because you put yourselves in these situations in having more control than you should have. The one thing, if anything I have learned from hosting, is why put your self in a situation, IF YOU DON'T HAVE TO.

As for you Chase, yes I did complain about it, I just wasn't vocal about it. I even posted that I hope the avys were a draw as I didn't want the decision made by something so trivial.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"