Should Batman be powered down

If Batman were descended from the Wold-Newton group his great strength would make sense.

ShadowBoxing said:
no it does...i'm a fitness trainer, it absolutely does. As a kid he could do very light weight such as 5 or 10 pound weight and or pushups and situps, pullups and other bodyweight exercises. But weight training will stunt your growth.

Sorry but "fitness" trainer means jack squat to me. I've been weightlifting since I was 12-13 and am 6'3". Another real life example is Lou Ferrigono(sp?) who started at about 11 or 12 and is 6'5". There are a many tall lifters and short lifters. Weightlifting actually helps to strengthen a persons bones and connective tissues.

That is a VERY old myth that has been proven wrong time and time again in scientific journals. Personally, I wouldn't advise someone to lift until 12-13 but once puberty begins it is all fair game.

If you really feel that is the truth which it isn't, then post some proof.

I know this sounds like I'm attacking you personally but I'm not. I've been doing this for years and am sick of the myth along with all the other dumb things like your body can only process 30g of protein at a time.

y2jversion1 said:
For all those saying that Bats couldn't possibly bench 725 because he's not super huge - you don't have to be huge to be strong - it all depends on the density of the muscle fibres and connective tissue.

At my gym there's an asian dude, definately under 200lbs (probably around 180..), this guy whacks out reps with 405lbs on the bench (4 - 45 plates on each side + olympic bar). If you were to see this guy outside the gym, you'd think he's a skinny lil bastard but this SOB can outbench everyone at the gym, save for 2-3 other guys...

That's totally BS...

Exactly. There are women who weigh in the mid 100s that can squat in the 500s as far as powerlifting goes. If you guys really want to learn about the stuff and what someone can do at a given BW then I suggest learning as much as possible about Westside Barbell. Louie Simmons is considered almost all knowing in the sport.

goldmill said:
Sorry but "fitness" trainer means jack squat to me. I've been weightlifting since I was 12-13 and am 6'3". Another real life example is Lou Ferrigono(sp?) who started at about 11 or 12 and is 6'5". There are a many tall lifters and short lifters. Weightlifting actually helps to strengthen a persons bones and connective tissues.

Ferrigno. Guys like him have good genes for that.

Red Mask said:
Ferrigno. Guys like him have good genes for that.

If you've seen pictures of him as a youth, you couldn't have guessed that he had that kind of potential. He had the skinniest arms and thinnest frame imaginable.

No exag.

boywondernerdDC said:
yes and the reason he is the best is because he cares more about his fellow man more then ne one so shouldnt be powered down becuz he isnt powered up so to speak his a great hero and thats all he needs
Oh come on! Like Green Arrow doesnt care for his fellow man?

You know them hippies. They care about nobody. Whole taking down trees and blazing trails with tanks and... wait... Something about that doesn't add up. He does care!! I've been getting it wrong all these years!!

This is a funny thread that deserves to be reread! LMAO! Those silly Bat-haters :woot:

there is a powered down batman. he is called nightwing.

It seems like a distant memory, all of that Bat-hate. I guess the Crisis was good for something :o

I'd say yes. He's way too "powerful," and I don't mean in terms of his strength. I mean this whole "everyone fears Batman," world's greatest scientist, master of all martial arts, prep time invinciblility, uber-high-tech costume bull****.

I'd say it's long past time to portray him as NORMAL for a while. Remember those detective skills? That used to mean something. Now it's just a minor aspect to his character, which has been overshadowed by the above-mentioned stuff.

Batman needs to eat some humble pie for a good long time.

Well, the reason he is too powerful is because DC insists on pairing him up with the JL and other super powered heroes and subsequently villians. To keep Batman from just standing around looking stupid, he is powered up to get included in the story. But within his own books he is usually powered down.

I say have him leave the JL and restrict his interaction with the DC Universe and keep him mostly in Gotham. I hate it that the existence of Batman has been confirmed with the DC Universe. He should have stayed an Urban Legend to the world and even in Gotham.

Well, the reason he is too powerful is because DC insists on pairing him up with the JL and other super powered heroes and subsequently villians. To keep Batman from just standing around looking stupid, he is powered up to get included in the story. But within his own books he is usually powered down.

I say have him leave the JL and restrict his interaction with the DC Universe and keep him mostly in Gotham. I hate it that the existence of Batman has been confirmed with the DC Universe. He should have stayed an Urban Legend to the world and even in Gotham.
I agree with that part

I think its all how you look at it,
Batman being unstoppable and all knowing Batman is the persona he created.
Its what all the enemies and heroes who have just heard about him or see him from affar think of him.
The vulnerable human aspect, where he isn't always right and prepared, is the real him and the side that only his close friends like Alfred or coworkers like Superman see.
What should be done is a way to portray that (without loosing his dark and "most dangerous human" persona and without making him seem like the most unstoppable hero in the world.)

I think its all how you look at it,
Batman being unstoppable and all knowing Batman is the persona he created.
Its what all the enemies and heroes who have just heard about him or see him from affar think of him.
The vulnerable human aspect, where he isn't always right and prepared, is the real him and the side that only his close friends like Alfred or coworkers like Superman see.
What should be done is a way to portray that (without loosing his dark and "most dangerous human" persona and without making him seem like the most unstoppable hero in the world.)

I like an episode of THE BATMAN that I saw recently. Batgirl was asking Batman will she ever get to meet the man behind the mask. He replied, "Who says I'm a man?"

To me, that is what Bruce is striving to have Batman precieved: To be more than a man. Is Batman some non super powered hero? Well, its his job to even have his fellow heroes to be doubtful of his abilities and capabilities.

Conversely, he killed a vigilante for having that outlook.

Naw, he just killed the guy for horning in on his schtick. That teary-eyed crap about the poor innocent cleaning lady was just the best excuse he could come up with.

I've got it. Instead of 'powering down' a character who doesn't have any powers, DC should show how human Batman really is by creating a villain, building said villain up for about 6 months, and then have that villain break Batman's back! That would so work. Then have a just some random motherf**ker wear the batsuit for about a year, and then the real Batman comes back, kicks ass, and takes Gotham back. What do you think? Would that be groundbreaking?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"