The Dark Knight Should Batman's Identity Be Revealed In This Movie?

a HHHHUUUUUGGGGEEEE climatic ending to the Nolan trilogy

Well obviously not. But this Joker actively trying to prevent Batman's identity from being revealed makes this subplot in TDK sound really interesting rather than tiresome

^ That's what I was gonna say, there's a whole subplot about this and either Reese or Engel are gonna out find out who is. So it's definitly an issue, and yes I think it should be. It's confronting and removing a glaring inconsistency in the overall batman story, i.e. how the fck can people of average intelligence NOT figure out that Batman is Bruce Wayne?

:brucebat: ?
600px-No_sign.svg.png

I'm sure someone will find out. I don't think there has been a Batman movie where he didn't reveal his identity to a woman...

I'm sure someone will find out. I don't think there has been a Batman movie where he didn't reveal his identity to a woman...

blasphemy!!! he revealed his identity to rachel in batman begins. though it wasn't a "hey rachel, i'm batman" it was using the line rachel told him. so in that regard he did reveal himself and at the end of the movie she knew and he appologized

I'd also like to say this thread is a fine example of mindless and predictable group-think on these boards. This is actually quite a valid topic, but no, the OP's a noob so lets not even bother. The fact that it took FOUR PAGES of drivel before someone actually raised the well known fact of Reese and Engel's subplot in TDK is indicitive of this sad behaviour.

:nono: :oldrazz:

Apparently, it will be. Excerpts from a TDK article:

"CHICAGO - We knew we had entered the set of the new Batman movie when an area of this beautiful city was suddenly littered with rifle-carrying National Guard troops. These were extras dresses in fatigues, of course.
When we got off a shuttle and entered the IBM building, a Chicago architectural landmark by Ludwig Mies van der Rohe, our exclusive, day-long visit to the set of "The Dark Knight" began. On our way up the fourth floor, we saw Batman himself, Christian Bale, dressed in a suit and waiting at the lobby for filming to start.
But what caught our eye first in was Batman's newest toy, a gray and silver motorcycle equipped with cannons, machine guns and hooks known as the Batpod.
Production designer Nathan Crowley, who made the batmobile for "Batman Begins", created a mock-up of this mean-looking bike from materials bought at Home Depot with director Chris Nolan in the latter's home garage. It fell on Chris Corbould to actually make the Batpod.
The first scene that was filmed took place in the lobby. Aaron Eckhart, who joins the cast as District Attorney Harvey Dent, addresses a press conference attended by agitated journalists and hostile onlookers. He assured the public that everything was being done to stop the killings by The Joker (Heath Ledger) and that Batman, for some reason, was ready to turn himself in. We watched Dent placate this angry crowd again and again, take after take. It is a tribute to Eckhart's skills as an actor that he was compelling to watch each time.
Standing on the side with extras playing onlookers was Bale as Bruce Wayne. When Aaron stepped off the podium, he put out his hands to show that he was ready to be handcuffed and made a dramatic statement, "I am Batman." Gasps from the crowd greeted this startling announcement. In the story, Aaron's DA character later becomes Two Face, one of Batman's nemesis.
Then it was time to shoot the reactions of the crowd, including that of Bale's. With Eckhart still saying his lines but this time in the backround, the camera panned the throng of extras playing the media and then slowly zoomed in on Bale's face. Trying to be un-ubiquitous as Wayne in this crowd, Bale's acting was all in his eyes, his strongest asset as a thespian. There's soul in those eyes.
After finishing their scenes, Christian and Aaron also went up to our room for interviews.
Then we headed down to watch a spectacular scene-two National Guard helicopters carrying troops flew so low and close together over the Chicago River.
It was a Sunday family affair for the Nolans or a movie family's version of it-Emma, who is married to Chris, and their kids watched the choppers scene as he gave directions.
We'll write more extensively about our set visit in future columns."

I'd also like to say this thread is a fine example of mindless and predictable group-think on these boards. This is actually quite a valid topic, but no, the OP's a noob so lets not even bother. The fact that it took FOUR PAGES of drivel before someone actually raised the well known fact of Reese and Engel's subplot in TDK is indicitive of this sad behaviour.

:nono: :oldrazz:

From what I've read:

fox persuades reese and/or engel to not revel Batman's identity

Spider-Man was nonchalantly unveiled to the public in the second movie, but the public believed in him so much, they kept his identity a secret. That was cute and enduring, but it wouldn't fly in Nolan's Gotham.
Yeah, almost every character in the movie loved Spiderman. (Well, besides the main villains but you know..) Kind of like how Superman is - they both save people. Batman beats people up. :woot:

Batman walks a very fine line compared to Spidey, so there's going to be some public backlash against him at all times.

I believe Lucius knows. Hopefully it won't be a huge deal in the movie, but...he knows. It would be interesting to see if they decide they want Gordon to know. Something along the lines of Year One would be cool, since Bruce half-reveals himself to get Gordon to trust him. Maybe hint at it, but I definitely don't want a scene where someone really really tries to find out who he is and then goes, "ZOMG ITZ BRUCE WAYNE!!11!!!11!!"

Batman revealing his identity to Rachel closed that storyline in the movie, so it didn't bother me too much. It wasn't a huge plot device, but it tied up the loose end.

ETA: Hmm, the Reese/Engel storyline is new to me. I suppose having a reporter do this kind of digging isn't too far-fetched. I think it'll be handled nicely. I have faith in the Nolans. :up:

It's confronting and removing a glaring inconsistency in the overall batman story, i.e. how the fck can people of average intelligence NOT figure out that Batman is Bruce Wayne?
I don't think any movie (even BB) really delves into how Bruce is able to use his playboy image to get people off his scent. Bruce Wayne should be Paris Hilton. Could you imagine Paris Hilton masquerading as a do-gooder by night? I mean, forget how unlikely it is for her to beat people up, but just have her do some real genuine charity. People think she's a friggin joke. Bruce Wayne has to be that.

Yeah, almost every character in the movie loved Spiderman. (Well, besides the main villains but you know..) Kind of like how Superman is - they both save people. Batman beats people up. :woot:

Batman walks a very fine line compared to Spidey, so there's going to be some public backlash against him at all times.

I believe Lucius knows. Hopefully it won't be a huge deal in the movie, but...he knows. It would be interesting to see if they decide they want Gordon to know. Something along the lines of Year One would be cool, since Bruce half-reveals himself to get Gordon to trust him. Maybe hint at it, but I definitely don't want a scene where someone really really tries to find out who he is and then goes, "ZOMG ITZ BRUCE WAYNE!!11!!!11!!" It's too cliche. :oldrazz:

Batman revealing his identity to Rachel closed that storyline in the movie, so it didn't bother me too much. It wasn't a huge plot device, but it tied up the loose end.

i agree with you. i think Lucius knows but either doesn't have it top priority or he down plays it very well

I always got the impression Fox knows, especially when in BB him and Alfred are with Bruce after the Scarecrow gas incident. I see no reason why his identity couldn't be revealed to Gordon in one way or another.

and that person would be?

sasquatchs

From what I've read:

fox persuades reese and/or engel to not revel Batman's identity

yeah it's safe to say it won't become public knowledge (that would seriously screw-up movie three!) but I was more referring to the double identity being a major issue in itself within the movie. i.e. something that is worth being availalbe to discuss. whether or not the secret is out on a wider scale

also to be precise, it really seems that the identity has ALREADY been revealed in TDK, which is the question of the thread. Reese and/or Engel know something. what do they know? how the hell do they know it?

I still like the idea of AMH being Riddler. He's got a crush on Bruce Wayne before discovering Wayne is actually Batman, and then this marvelous hero proceeds to outwit, outmanourver and humilate AMH by somehow negating his ability to profit from the secret knowldge. AMH is left at the films end desperate to scheme up a plan that will PROVE his deductive superiority over Batman, and Bruce, on a personal and public level.

Well yes it's clear one of them knows, and like you I'm wondering how. Look forward to that being explained :)

NO! That spoiled Spiderman for me. Rachel should unfortunately be killed off too since she knows.Alfred and Lucius Fox should be the only ones who know.

I hate this fascination filmakers have with wanting to reveal the superhero's identity to other characters. Sam Raimi has a hard-on for that crap...and loves to rip off Spidey's mask in, like, every film.

I do not want that to happen with this Batman series. Rachel already knows, Alfred justifiably knows, even Fox strongly suspects...after that, leave it alone, I say.

It doesn't matter we need something to talk about....

So why does Batman(not Bruce Wayne) say "I've gotta find this man Lucius, that's why I gave IT to you...you're the only man who can use it."

Does he find out when Bruce let's him in on it in Hong Kong while persuing Lao?
Local News reports?(look at the pics we got of Bruce on top of the tower without his cowl).

Ummmm, Fox already knows.

lol rachel already knows bruce is bats lol

unless she got a new brain with that face lift lol.

LOL! :woot:

Where's the mystery in "Mystery Man", if everybody knows the mystery?? I get so tired of that! Spiderman did it. The Tim Burton Alfred just totally ratted his master out. Rachel Dawes knows. Alfred. And I guess Fox knows. That's it!! LEAVE IT ALONE!

In the comics, more people know who Batman is than know who Superman is. That's just ironic to me. Superman hides in plain sight. No mask. No cave. Operates in the day light. Yet the hero that does all those things has the least mystery about him! :hehe: Kinda' funny. Hmmmmm....maybe Clark IS smarter than Bruce after all.

Just don't do the same crap in the movie. Leave his secret a secret.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"