The Dark Knight Rises Should Bruce Wayne/Batman Die or Retire at the end?

Not only that, but Bruce doesn't want to do this forever. I don't think he even thought that his plan to break the mob would take this much time.

Not only that, but Bruce doesn't want to do this forever. I don't think he even thought that his plan to break the mob would take this much time.

Well, maybe he didn't think it would take damn near 10 years, but he did spend a good 7-8 years training for it, so I doubt he thought this task of cleaning up Gotham would be quick.

From BB I got the impression he was ready to make this his life long mission. As long as it took....

But then by the time we get to TDK it's only really been a year that he's been at it as Batman and he's already considering giving up the mask. There seems to be a little inconsistency there imo but I understand why. lol

I think Bruce probably thought that him breaking the mob would inspire people to be more vigilant in combatting crime and corruption.

In TDK, it felt like he was using Harvey to get Rachel, like he had some kind of selfish motive. So, he could get Rachel and Harvey would become the hero who saved Gotham - a hero without a mask. It would be a win-win. In that way, both Batman and the Joker used Harvey.

I think Bruce probably thought that him breaking the mob would inspire people to be more vigilant in combating crime and corruption.

In TDK, it felt like he was using Harvey to get Rachel, like he had some kind of selfish motive. So, he could get Rachel and Harvey would become the hero who saved Gotham - a hero without a mask. It would be a win-win. In that way, both Batman and the Joker used Harvey.

I disagree that those were Bruce's intentions. I doubt he put himself through all those trials and tribulations to let it all go selfishly for a woman. That just sounds to day time soap opera-ish to me.

I think in the end he cared more about Gotham. I mean he was about to give himself up at the press conference. He didn't plan on Harvey taking the heat for him, but I'm sure Alfreds words in the bunker impacted him more when Bruce asked him "People are dying Alfred, what would you have me do?"

What I meant was that he had a dual purpose: to get a hero without a mask to inspire Gotham (and he was doing a great job tackling crime and corruption), and to live a normal life with Rachel. That's how I saw it after I rewatched the film.

Could be, I guess that's left to our interpretations of the movie.

In the Nolan verse it has always been hinted at the Bruce will not always be Batman. That's why he says in BB on the plane to Alfred he talks about becoming a symbol something everlasting. So even after he is dead his legacy will continue to inspire people.

So if he retires or dies then I don't think it would be a huge shock to anyone familiar with Batman. Besides, there are hints the JGL's character might end up being Dick/ Robin/ Nightwing. So he could take up the mantel is Bruce does retire or dies at the end of this movie.

In the Nolan verse it has always been hinted at the Bruce will not always be Batman. That's why he says in BB on the plane to Alfred he talks about becoming a symbol something everlasting. So even after he is dead his legacy will continue to inspire people.

So if he retires or dies then I don't think it would be a huge shock to anyone familiar with Batman. Besides, there are hints the JGL's character might end up being Dick/ Robin/ Nightwing. So he could take up the mantel is Bruce does retire or dies at the end of this movie.

Bruce will not die, I guarantee it. Injured to the point were he gives someone else, perhaps the JGL character the torch or Batman? Possible, although Im not sure I believe that either (on the fence about whether I like that ending or not). I think most likely Bruce will get injured and have intense personal struggles (some remaining from the Joker in TDK) that he has to overcome and "Rise" above it all by the end. I think JGL will play a very important roll, and will be a Robin like character (but he WONT BE ROBIN!!) that represents something and saves Batman at the end in some way. Im wondering if his character will be so important this John Blake dude will be added to the comics like Harley Quinn was from BTAS

I've always thought death or injury would be the best route to end a superhero franchise with.

"The world needs dramatic examples..."

I think death actually would be the best way to go if not retired and living life as a postive role-modeling philanthropist. But death would be so "oh wow" and really make it an emotional ending for the audience.

Hey this final Batman movie has to have people talking about it when they walk out of the theater and months after. Regardless of the ending it will be an ending we have never seen before in the Batman franchise.

Regardless of the ending it will be an ending we have never seen before in the Batman franchise.

Gotham City finding out Bruce Wayne is Batman, and going out fighting with them knowing would be a first in the Batman franchise.

Gotham City finding out Bruce Wayne is Batman, and going out fighting with them knowing would be a first in the Batman franchise.

I wonder if there going to make him fight Bane as himself at some point? Maybe thats how he beats him. Without the mask. Maybe he gets jacked in prison or something....or maybe thats the worst idea that could happen. Idk.:woot:

I wonder if there going to make him fight Bane as himself at some point? Maybe thats how he beats him. Without the mask. Maybe he gets jacked in prison or something....or maybe thats the worst idea that could happen. Idk.:woot:

I've always been in favor of a Bruce vs Bane fight. I think it would help make it a better fight scene (no annoying batsuit to kill Bale's flexibility and movements)... think about it... the Bruce vs Ras sword fight was probably the best fight scene in both movies (BB/TDK)

I've always been in favor of a Bruce vs Bane fight. I think it would help make it a better fight scene (no annoying batsuit to kill Bale's flexibility and movements)... think about it... the Bruce vs Ras sword fight was probably the best fight scene in both movies (BB/TDK)

I kind of like the idea myself. Or maybe half the fight hes Batman but then decides to become himself to finish it off. That would be something very unique for any super hero movie. He gets put in Jail and as seen in the trailer he realizes he needs to bulk up while hes in there in order to at some point defeat Bane. We know most likely every find out who he becomes. I think it would be great if done correctly...however I think it would get alot of backlash from some groups of people and I feel like there are even people on the these that are going to say Im a dumb f*** for even bringing it up.....

And it would also be great for the whole "Gotham needs a Hero with a face" theme from TDK.

And it would also be great for the whole "Gotham needs a Hero with a face" theme from TDK.

Yeah. I for one find the concept of Gotham City knowing who is under the mask very cool and daring. When you end a story for real you can get away with things such as this.

If Batman's identity was revealed to the public, I think it can only end properly with him either dying or faking his death and disappearing. I can't see him living a normal life with everyone in Gotham knowing who he is.

If Batman's identity was revealed to the public, I think it can only end properly with him either dying or faking his death and disappearing. I can't see him living a normal life with everyone in Gotham knowing who he is.

Reminds me of the Brave and the Bold episode (I think it was BATB anyway) where it's stated the Batcave becomes a tourist attraction in the future. :woot:

I can't see if he dies as Batman it will be revealed to Gotham, seems to a go against "the everlasting symbol" idea, if he died Gotham would just look back on Batman when some wrong doings going on and say look what happened to Batman, he died trying to stop stuff like this, forget that! If he died it would have to be covered up in some way similar to the Harvey Dent story, and personally I can't see Nolan repeating the idea twice.

Yea, I think Batman in costume fighting Bane as Bruce without the Batman mask would be epic!

And agreed, it would be daring and a way you could get away with such a scenerio being that the story comes to a close.

What would realy make a great climax ending is for Gothamites to see a maskless Batman fighting Bane and losing, only to have the citizens of Gotham come to Bruce/Batmans defense and help finish Bane off once and for all!

As strong as Bane is he would be no match for a few hundred angry citizens!!!

What would realy make a great climax ending is for Gothamites to see a maskless Batman fighting Bane and losing, only to have the citizens of Gotham come to Bruce/Batmans defense and help finish Bane off once and for all!

As strong as Bane is he would be no match for a few hundred angry citizens!!!

Sounds awfully like Spiderman to me. :oldrazz:

Train Passenger: You want to get to him, you gotta go through me!
[All the other passengers take up his claim and surround Spider-Man]
Doc Ock: Very well..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"