Sequels Should Gambit be in X-Men First Class?

I think Gambit can be done in X-men first class. He's a great character. And fans love him. But id also love to see Nightcrawler. Perhaps instead of Gambit. I'd also like to see Bishop come into play. But not revealing that he's from the future or perhaps with a diffrent story but there to kinda watch over the young x-men. And a colossus would be cool as well.

I don't think so. A First Class movie is bound to be nothing but teen angst and Twilight-calibur romance. Gambit should have nothing to do with a trainwreck like that. save him for the wolverine sequels where he'll be used by a cast that has a liking for the character and sense to use him properly.
I agree that this venture sounds angsty. :csad: But how would you justify having Gambit in another Wolverine movie?

I agree that this venture sounds angsty. :csad: But how would you justify having Gambit in another Wolverine movie?

Well, the next Wolverine movie is likely to be set in Japan, so....yellow fever? :woot:

I think Gambit could work in X-Men:First Class, his role could be like in Wolverine and The X-Men, working for the Gov. for $ or maybe Magneto,ala X-Men: Evolution and he breaks into the mansion wanting to be a part of the school,but really to spy, Scott will probably be against him, but Storm would stick up for him, just like the comics.

Gambit's true motives would be discovered and Storm maybe in some kind of danger and he has a change of heart, rescues her, and by the end of the movie he redeems himself with the X-Men or he leaves...

the reason why Gambit was never in the 3 X films because his personality was to close to Logan's, so he'll be the "Wolverine" character of first class.

I don't think Gambit should be in First Class. I know they like to mess up the timeline, but I don't Gambit has an issues there.

...the reason why Gambit was never in the 3 X films because his personality was to close to Logan's, so he'll be the "Wolverine" character of first class.
Grr! Why do people think that Gambit and Wolverine are anything alike?
Gambit: Charming, flirtatious, social (just forced to be a loner by various obstacles)
Wolverine: Rugged, brash, anti-social by choice

The logic never made any sense really. I remember hearing that Gambit's personality is too close to Wolverine's and his powers were too close to Cyclops.

I guess he's similar to Wolverine because he's a bad boy and he's similar to Cyclops because they both use projectiles...kinda. :huh:

Gambit in First Class would up the tone a little to me. Since some think this movie would be too teenage and what not. Gambits personality would add a little something. If they do the character justice. And his powers look really cool on the big screen.

The only way I could bear Gambit in a First class movie if he just doesn't give a ****. Like, everyone's moping about teen stuff and whining non-stop like teens like to do, then Gambit just walks in and blows everything up, punches Scott, cracks a joke, and walks off with all their money and women.

Told ya, i have the Vison of Fox... so many simple ways to explain them.

Hellfire Club - a mutant exclusive club that (random mutant who's never been associated with this) is a member of...and charles xavier has to prob his mind to find the answer.

Emma Frost in First Class - a mutant has some information and professor xavier is tired so he brings in emma frost to prob there mind to find there answer.

Mr Sinister - wrote a book on evolution that xavier read but didnt understand it so Xavier meets with Mr Sinister so he can prob his mind for the answer...

Sauron - whilst xavier travels to the savage lands when he recieved a emergancy call from one of his best friends forever... Shadow King who is trapped in his own mind after being scared by the sight of something he cant remember - so Charles xavier goes there and has to prob the shadow kings mind to find out the green blur that scared him into a coma was of a green half human half dinosuar.... The part of Shadow King is played by Jeff Goldblume....

Well it's obviously not gonna happen with Rogue and Gambit, the ship has sailed. They should of introduced Gambit in X3 but they probably wouldn't of done him justice. I could see Gambit being a member of first class or reduced to a small cameo. He could be the rebel factor. At this point it's just see what characters make it to the screen and you never know how or where they will turn up.

Told ya, i have the Vison of Fox... so many simple ways to explain them.

Hellfire Club - a mutant exclusive club that (random mutant who's never been associated with this) is a member of...and charles xavier has to prob his mind to find the answer.

Emma Frost in First Class - a mutant has some information and professor xavier is tired so he brings in emma frost to prob there mind to find there answer.

LOL!!!

Mr Sinister - wrote a book on evolution that xavier read but didnt understand it so Xavier meets with Mr Sinister so he can prob his mind for the answer...

Sauron - whilst xavier travels to the savage lands when he recieved a emergancy call from one of his best friends forever... Shadow King who is trapped in his own mind after being scared by the sight of something he cant remember - so Charles xavier goes there and has to prob the shadow kings mind to find out the green blur that scared him into a coma was of a green half human half dinosuar.... The part of Shadow King is played by Jeff Goldblume....

DUDE!!!

I'm dying of laughter over here :woot:

Keep 'em coming
icon14.gif

*Give me a FOX vision for Apocalypse

I dont think Jason Stryker was part of the xavier institute. (once you see the wolverine movie will understand this)
He was contact by Xavier and Magneto before they found the school. The first student of Xavier is Jean Grey.

I dont think Gambit could fit on the xmen first class movie, not as part of the team, but maybe as a bandit who works for... Sinister. But I prefer they recast him for a Xmen 4 movie!

The only way I could bear Gambit in a First class movie if he just doesn't give a ****. Like, everyone's moping about teen stuff and whining non-stop like teens like to do, then Gambit just walks in and blows everything up, punches Scott, cracks a joke, and walks off with all their money and women.

hell yes! lol

Would much prefer X4, though I could see Gambit in a role similar to Wolverine's in FIRST CLASS. He need not join the team. I think I'd almost rather see him and Rogue in a solo GAMBIT film, though.

We can go ahead and count him out of First Class. Laura Shuler, head producer, confirmed he won't be in it.

Still prefer the idea of Gambit being strictly in his own film.

Still prefer the idea of Gambit being strictly in his own film.
I agree. As I've said many times before. Gambit is such a complex character. If done right, a Gambit movie could be awesome. And I want none other than Taylor Kitsch to portray the role. :D

id still really like him in First Class. hopefully Shuler Donner was trying to pull a fast one on us.

The way I see it, Gambit will be in Wolverine 2, which will lead into X-Men: First Class 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"