Should have Thor been able to defeat Captain Marvel?

I like Captain Marvel a whole lot more than I do Thor. But while Captain Marvel is "The World's Mightiest Mortal," Thor is the god of thunder...gods are more powerful than mortals right? There you go.
But technically, Thor beign a "god" isn't any greater than Captain Marvel. He's a "god" because people just worshipped him and other Asgardians. In reality, Thor and the other Asgardians are basically just another race that are much stronger than humans and can live longer. If you think that Thor technically being a "god" is the trump card, then Captain Marvel has the abilities of Hercules, Atlas, Zeus, and Mercury so he is basically like 4 gods.

I know, what does being a "God" have to do with anything. Fact is, The Red Cheese is faster, just as Strong, and immune to Thor's greatest weapon, his God Blast.

The only way I can see Thor taking this fight is if Billy starts trying to do the call down the lightning trick. Which is usually reason why he loses to Supes.

But technically, Thor beign a "god" isn't any greater than Captain Marvel. He's a "god" because people just worshipped him and other Asgardians. In reality, Thor and the other Asgardians are basically just another race that are much stronger than humans and can live longer. If you think that Thor technically being a "god" is the trump card, then Captain Marvel has the abilities of Hercules, Atlas, Zeus, and Mercury so he is basically like 4 gods.

I always believed Marvel to have the, what i like to call, the mystique/shang tsung effect. Just because she/he can morph into someone and have their "powers" doesnt make him/her as good or as powerful as the original person. Yeah Marvel may have the power of Zeus, but the real Zeus is still much more powerful. etc. i believe. I never read anything with Marvel cause i think he looks like a fruit basket and he never interested me (im more of a Black Adam guy), so i could be wrong. Anyone wanna clarify.

Besides Thor has control over Marvel's main power source, lightning. True its mystical lightning from Shazam, but despite what people say i still believe Thor has some influence over any kind of lightning, natural or magical, just because he's a god (god's usually delve into echantment and magic which i think is what seperates them from any other "strong race" of beings) and for the simple fact that its still lightninig regardless (just with magical properties) and Thor is god of the storm. Im sure someone will refute this but watever, im sticking to this theory.

Isn't Captain Marvel alot stronger than thor?

He's as strong as Herc, who is as Strong as Thor.

I always believed Marvel to have the, what i like to call, the mystique/shang tsung effect. Just because she/he can morph into someone and have their "powers" doesnt make him/her as good or as powerful as the original person. Yeah Marvel may have the power of Zeus, but the real Zeus is still much more powerful. etc. i believe. I never read anything with Marvel cause i think he looks like a fruit basket and he never interested me (im more of a Black Adam guy), so i could be wrong. Anyone wanna clarify.

Besides Thor has control over Marvel's main power source, lightning. True its mystical lightning from Shazam, but despite what people say i still believe Thor has some influence over any kind of lightning, natural or magical, just because he's a god (god's usually delve into echantment and magic which i think is what seperates them from any other "strong race" of beings) and for the simple fact that its still lightninig regardless (just with magical properties) and Thor is god of the storm. Im sure someone will refute this but watever, im sticking to this theory.
Yeah, and I agree with you on the lightning part (at least I could see it possibly affecting Marvel but not sure). I wasn't even really saying that Captain Marvel would beat Thor even (I honestly am not sure who I think would win) I just have never understood the "Thor's a god" argument as a reason why he would win. To me, that makes no sense really.

^The same thing goes for superman as well. I dont understand because he is SUPERMAN he can win anything.:p

He's as strong as Herc, who is as Strong as Thor.
at least the Herc in Marvel is. I don't know if Herc is stronger than Thor in DC though. In fact, the only time I have ever seen Thor in DC was in the Sandman series so it would be pretty hard to tell.

Especially scince people have beaten this so called "God".

And as far as the Lightening, I'm sure Thor could use it against him, but only if Billy's called it down. He's not gonna be able to hit him with any ole lightning and boom, he's back to a 16 year old kid. I feel that the whole fight depends entirely upon what Billy does, because as it stands, he's got the speed, he's got the power, and the stamina to simply out last him in a fight. And anything magical (short of his own mistake of calling down the lightening) wouldn't really affect him.

at least the Herc in Marvel is. I don't know if Herc is stronger than Thor in DC though. In fact, the only time I have ever seen Thor in DC was in the Sandman series so it would be pretty hard to tell.

It's all pretty much the same. I've yet to see anything proving that they aren't the same.

Thor was also in Superman awhile back when he and Wonder Woman fought a 1000 year war in Asgard. Thor died at some point and Supes took up his hammer.

^ True...I would have to say that Captain Marvel would win...

Yeah, and I agree with you on the lightning part (at least I could see it possibly affecting Marvel but not sure). I wasn't even really saying that Captain Marvel would beat Thor even (I honestly am not sure who I think would win) I just have never understood the "Thor's a god" argument as a reason why he would win. To me, that makes no sense really.

I hear ya bro. Like i said, the only thing that i think seperates Asgardians or Olympians or any other "godly" pantheons from other races of beings who are strong is the magic aspect. Which also helps me come to the conclusion that for the fact alone, and Mjolnir being enchanted, and what not, he can manipulate Marvel's tranformation and power source. Thats what i always believed anyway, helps me sleep easier.

Yeah but he couldn't unless they were, like, near the Rock of Eternity or something. He wouldn't know. That's like saying Iron Man could pull a Kryptonite Ray out of his ass and beat Superman. With no prep time to even find out about such a thing.

Personally, I think Billy'd kick both of their asses as he is right now.

Oh yea,no doubt, right now Billy would kick most comic characters ass's in any universe, DC, Marvel, Image, Wildstorm, Darkhorse.

Yeah but he couldn't unless they were, like, near the Rock of Eternity or something. He wouldn't know. That's like saying Iron Man could pull a Kryptonite Ray out of his ass and beat Superman. With no prep time to even find out about such a thing.

I dunno bout that Iron Man situation, but in the case of Thor, lightining is his foretay(sp?) so its not that out of th question as you might say it is to be. But this is all speculation of course to begin with.

Back to the Super Bowl, later..

I know, what does being a "God" have to do with anything. Fact is, The Red Cheese is faster, just as Strong, and immune to Thor's greatest weapon, his God Blast.
How is he immune to the god blast? :confused:

I think Superman and Marvel would probably both take Thor because of the speed advantages, myself. Superman would have a harder time of it given his magic weakness, but I don't think the magic weakness is as much of a factor given that Thor really wouldn't be able to hit him if he's portrayed as he's been portrayed for the majority of his existence.

Of course, there is that reference from way back in Journey into Mystery about Thor being "as fast as the lightning" and showing a couple of speed feats to back the claim up, but no one's really portrayed him as super-fast for decades, so I think it's just fallen out of the character's repertoire.
How would electro do against Thor?
Very badly. There's nothing Electro could do to Thor that would hurt him.

I love how people just argue and argue as if these two characters are one day going to fight like two drunks in a bar parking lot.

Thor vs Captain Marvel would probably involve Thor beating the lightning out of Batson and then showing him mercy. Possibly giving him some of his immense power, maybe allow Captain Marvel to control lightning or something.
Or a villain will show up and CM will use Thors hammer to defeat the threat.

Thor would probably batter Superman to within an inch of his life until Supes gets his second wind and starts using his super speed, heat vision, arctic breath and all other sorts of tactics that Thor couldn't keep up with. Maybe throw in a double page splash of Superman using both hands to stop a hammer blow by the god of thunder. I'm sure Thor would eventually yield, and proclaim Kal-El a demi-god and assure him he has a special place in Valhalla.

If you want to get close to what would really happen between two characters you have to think like a writer and decide what would work better as a story as a opposed to trying to gauge the power levels of fictional characters.

I thought there was a battle between the two and it was posted somewhere here and in that batle thor beat Marvel so why the question?

Here's the formula:
Hercules=Marvel character...Captain Marvel=DC character...Captain Marvel has strength of Hercules...Hercules and Thor have fought a few times. Thor ususally wins. Thor beats Captain Marvel. Whether Billy Batson or Captain Marvel, Thor wins hands down. Also, Thor now possesses the Odinforce.

He possessed it before he "died." We don't know anything about what Thor's like right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"